Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Advice! Blue enamel ring paired with gold eng.ring PICS

GDTRFB

Rough_Rock
Trade
Joined
Jun 18, 2009
Messages
87
I can't decide if this would work or not, anyone out there have any pics of a blue enamel paired with a gold ring? The top pic is her current engagement ring, and I can't figure out if the blue one in the second would go nicely on the same finger. What do you guys think?

ring4_versailles.jpg

IMAG0723.jpg
 

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
May 6, 2010
Messages
551
Re: Need Advice! Blue enamel ring paired with gold eng.ring

hmm well I'm not sure if it would look good with the small diamond in the blue band,I think it would look better if it was just a plain band or if there were more diamonds (like the white flash scatter band, but an enamel version). I do like the idea of an enamel wedding band it is not something you see very often.
This is totally unrelated but blue and gold are my college colors and if I wore that set I would always think "go cats!" :wink2:

this is the white flash link
http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-bands/scattered-diamond-wedding-band-234.htm
 

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Dec 25, 2009
Messages
682
Re: Need Advice! Blue enamel ring paired with gold eng.ring

I think the yellow gold would go fine with blue enamel, however I don't think that specific ring would work...seems like the single diamond in the blue ring would compete with the solitaire engagement ring. Hope you find something that works!
 

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jun 25, 2010
Messages
11,025
Re: Need Advice! Blue enamel ring paired with gold eng.ring

ChloeTheGreat|1317939331|3034861 said:
I think the yellow gold would go fine with blue enamel, however I don't think that specific ring would work...seems like the single diamond in the blue ring would compete with the solitaire engagement ring. Hope you find something that works!

agreed. I think the fact that it mimics the engagement ring will make it look like it's competeing with it.
 

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
325
Re: Need Advice! Blue enamel ring paired with gold eng.ring

Agree with previous posters that the particular blue enamel ring you've shown would not look good with her e-ring. I'd much prefer a blue enamel band with small diamonds spread evenly throughout the band and would want the ring to have gold accents such as milgrain on the edges, or a gold scroll or floral pattern.

Also if this is going to be a wedding ring, have you checked with her? Blue is a distinctive color -- I would wear a blue band from time to time, but not on a daily basis. But, it may be a perfect color for her to wear regularly.
 

stci

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
2,514
Re: Need Advice! Blue enamel ring paired with gold eng.ring

Wahooooo! I said yes and more with another yellow gold band! Gorgeous!
 

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Dec 18, 2007
Messages
3,793
Re: Need Advice! Blue enamel ring paired with gold eng.ring

Amys Bling|1317949712|3034956 said:
ChloeTheGreat|1317939331|3034861 said:
I think the yellow gold would go fine with blue enamel, however I don't think that specific ring would work...seems like the single diamond in the blue ring would compete with the solitaire engagement ring. Hope you find something that works!

agreed. I think the fact that it mimics the engagement ring will make it look like it's competeing with it.
ditto.
 

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Mar 7, 2011
Messages
5,028
Re: Need Advice! Blue enamel ring paired with gold eng.ring

violet3|1318012036|3035442 said:
Amys Bling|1317949712|3034956 said:
ChloeTheGreat|1317939331|3034861 said:
I think the yellow gold would go fine with blue enamel, however I don't think that specific ring would work...seems like the single diamond in the blue ring would compete with the solitaire engagement ring. Hope you find something that works!

agreed. I think the fact that it mimics the engagement ring will make it look like it's competeing with it.
ditto.
+1
 

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
6,724
Re: Need Advice! Blue enamel ring paired with gold eng.ring

I agree that it will compete. Blue enamel is very cool though. RHR?
 

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
1,664
Re: Need Advice! Blue enamel ring paired with gold eng.ring

I can't see the blue enamel holding up to everyday wear. Seems like it would start to look scratched and horrible pretty quickly
 

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Nov 1, 2009
Messages
3,737
Re: Need Advice! Blue enamel ring paired with gold eng.ring

To be honest the blue enamel does not look good, almost like costume jewelry. But thats just me. :oops:
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Good Customer Service Goes a Long Way
    Good Customer Service Goes a Long Way
    5.5 Carat Diamond Upgrade
    5.5 Carat Diamond Upgrade
    Style File: Julia Roberts
    Style File: Julia Roberts

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top