shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice about selling used rings

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone,

A relative of mine has some rings she''s given me to sell. There are a couple issues that I''m wondering about. The rings have been thoroughly worn and enjoyed and as a result, many of the stones have a few stratches on them. How much does it generally cost to have the scratches buffed out or is that even possible? The rings themselves need polishing, as well. I''d have to double check but I think she gave me 9 or 10 of them so cost wise, I''m wondering if it''d make more sense to sell them as is or to clean them up especially without knowing the value of them.

She said one of the rings was $1200 and that is the only one i prestine shape, but I do not know the carat weight, so I''m not sure how easy it''ll be to sell.

(I''ll repost this and add photos after the new PS is up)

Thanks for advice

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
To buff out scratches, I''m pretty sure the stones would need to be removed from the mounting. I wish I knew how much that usually costs, but I''m guessing it might depend on the jeweler, as setting fees can vary widely as well. I''d email Michael E and ask him, as he is a lapidary and also makes custom jewelery. I''d love to see pictures.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results