shape
carat
color
clarity

Necklace or no necklace with this dress?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PrincessD

Shiny_Rock
Girls, I need your honest opinion! I wanted to go with black jewelry so last night I was up at JCPenny and bought a very simple set that included:bracelet, earrings, and necklace. I am unsure if the necklace is necessary. What''s your opinion on it? This is the pic of the dress as it''ll be. I will try and find pics of the jewelry for you too. Thanks ahead of time!!!

Bridesmaid111.jpg

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn''t say a necklace is necessary but if the earrings are simple (i.e.: simple style, studs, or short in length) then a necklace might be a good option, especially if the hair is in an updo.

PrincessD

Shiny_Rock
Here is the set that I really like, it''s hard to tell, but the bracelet is very thin and has 3 or 4 rows of very small black beads. I love it, I''m just unsure of the necklace. I''m not to sure how the girls will be wearing their hair.
33.gif

earrings22.jpg

PrincessD

Shiny_Rock
Just thought I''d throw in a pic of the shoes I bought them too!!
9.gif

bridesmaid shoe2.jpg

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
I think all 3 pieces might be too much. I would go with the bracelet and the earrings, and skip the necklace.

Cute dress, btw!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would try it all on with the hairstyle you plan.

Most times I think even with strapless you can skip the necklace, and do great earrings and a bracelet, but sometimes you have to try it on.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Actually...I kind of like the way she accessorized it...with some dangling earrings and a cuff bracelet.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
You know what they say "put on what you think is right............then remove one piece"
2.gif

PrincessD

Shiny_Rock
Do you guys think the earrings are dangly enough? I have a Jr. Bridesmaid that''ll be nine so I want to keep her in mind as well. My sisters are 19 &20 so for them it''s no biggy.
33.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I actually like all three together. The necklace isn''t that chunky, so I think it will look nice and compliment the earrings, which aren''t overly big, either. If I were going to take a piece of the set out, it would actually be the bracelet. If they''re carrying bouquets, you probably won''t see much of it.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i vote for a bracelet and dangly earrings....that neckline and top of the dress is its own accessory.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2008 10:24:54 AM
Author: NYCsparkle
i vote for a bracelet and dangly earrings....that neckline and top of the dress is its own accessory.
I second that.

I think the earrings are great!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
with so much skin showing between neck and top of dress I say definitely with necklace.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
If going with an updo, definitely earrings + bracelet. The necklace might not be bad, since it is thin. However, with the black sash, you might want to go with 2 out of the three. As others have said, try on and decide.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Why not let your girls decide? You can give them all 3, but let them know they can wear what they want, that way they can wear what they are comfortable with.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Sabine. Some girls are the necklacy type, some are not the bracelet type (like me). It comes down to what is most flattering on them as well. We went with no necklaces by adding a layer of lace on the dresses. So when the dress becomes detailed with an accent, it becomes it''s own accessory.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results