carat
color
clarity

Necklace (3) Graduated Strings /Sweden 1923 (Total 355 Pearls):

edw_kym

Rough_Rock
Premium
Very Expensive Pearl Necklace (3) Graduated Strings /Sweden 1923

THE STRING HAS (355) ACTUAL FRESHWATER PEARLS.

THE HALLMARK ON THE CLASP IS A SWEDEN HALLMARK DATE

FOR THE YEAR 1923.MY QUESTION? DOES ANYBODY KNOW VALUE?

AND WHO OFFES APPRAISALS?..:wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey: HELLO.. IMG_0771.11.jpg IMG_0773.22.jpg IMG_0774.33.jpg

edw_kym

Rough_Rock
Premium
image (32).jpg Added Sweden hallmarks 4-07-2018 See Letters V7 = 1923 Year Marks.
830S = 830 Silver..The symbol three crowns of Sweden..

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do a search and there is a whole forum about pearls. People there will help you. Never buy without getting advice on any piece that is being promoted as high value.

edw_kym

Rough_Rock
Premium
;))Yes diamondseeker2006.i was told by a Southern Californian Pro Gemologist that my string of pearls were a very high priced string,and a very old string (Sweden 1923): i am guessing $10,000 - $20,000 USD..It was a few years ago when the gem expert suggested this.When he viewed my pearls.My string of pearls,his eyes opened wide with amazement..Any feedback offered will be accepted.? Even if you feel the pearls are not worth that much.. IMG_0771.11.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no expertise in valuing pearls, and I don’t believe anyone could tell you much from a photo. You need an a reputable appraiser who is a pearl expert. That’s why I suggested that you seek a forum that is dedicated to pearls only as there should be people there who could direct you to the right appraiser.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you say "actual freshwater pearls", do you mean wild/natural/non-cultured freshwater pearls?

If you think you have a natural pearls strand, you can send it to the GIA to be certified, for a fee. They will not be able to tell you its monetary value however, nor can the other pearl forum-- you need a proper appraiser for that.

But first you'd have to establish that they are natural. The appraiser would have to know what they were appraising.

edw_kym

Rough_Rock
Premium
I was told that they are natural..:roll:roll:roll

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Then it's probably worthwhile to send them to GIA. :))

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not an expert at all but these look very uniform to be freshwater pearls, I think? Also, generally speaking, surely a high value strand would not have a silver clasp, rather something in gold or diamonds or platinum? These are red flags to me.

edw_kym

Rough_Rock
Premium
I’m not an expert at all but these look very uniform to be freshwater pearls, I think? Also, generally speaking, surely a high value strand would not have a silver clasp, rather something in gold or diamonds or platinum? These are red flags to me.

ok snowdrop13..if you say so!!!
But since you or myself (are not experts) we will leave the final decision with GIA..Thanks for dropping bye!!!..:wavey::wavey::wavey:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, @edw-kym, it would be great if you came back to let us know what GIA say, for educational purposes.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@edw_kym since you made a refence to this strand of pearls, please provide an update with regard to the result of authentication by a recognised laboratory such as GIA, thanks in advance.

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results