shape
carat
color
clarity

Neatfreak, question about oval?

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Is there a thread with more pictures of this ring? If anyone can find it, please post a link to the thread. :wavey:

neatfreak-oval-diamond-ring-12.jpg

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
I'm pretty sure she doesn't have one... I would LOVE to see some more photos too :love:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just getting ready to post the same question!! Would love to know more details and see more shots of this beauty. Can't stop thinking about it!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree! I think that is one of the most simply beautiful settings I've seen - more pics!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
No there isn't a thread.

It is an antique faceted oval with an open culet. Estimated J VS. The setting is by Steven Kirsch and is platinum and handforged. And the ring is gorgeous.

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1348084691|3271132 said:
No there isn't a thread.

It is an antique faceted oval with an open culet. Estimated J VS. The setting is by Steven Kirsch and is platinum and handforged. And the ring is gorgeous.

It is Absolutely Gorgeous! It really needs to have a thread....and MORE pictures!!! :love:

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
There's a face-up shot in this blog from our GTG (which is also linked in the current blog on ovals):

Jewel of the Week: Special Edition - PS GTG Blingathon! Part One

It's one of the loveliest oval engagement rings I've seen--and the oval itself is a rare old-cut. TDF!! So glad I got to see and photograph this beauty at the GTG!

sixbillionstars

Rough_Rock
Wow, that is such an amazingly beautiful ring!!!! :love: :love:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Coati's other pic from the GTG:

neatfreak-diamond-ring-ps-gtg-2012.jpg

Neatfreak was told this is here by friends. She's under the weather at home with twins though... so she's a bit overwhelmed. I'm sure she'll post when she gets a chance!

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1348086988|3271162 said:
Coati's other pic from the GTG:

neatfreak-diamond-ring-ps-gtg-2012.jpg

Neatfreak was told this is here by friends. She's under the weather at home with twins though... so she's a bit overwhelmed. I'm sure she'll post when she gets a chance!

Thanks for they update Gypsy! Hope she is feeling well soon! Wow, twins...that is wonderful!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
gosh, that setting is pretty! and not even a hint of a bowtie in the oval, wowwiee!!!

the setting reminds me of these Single Stone settings:

http://www.singlestone.com/index.php?page=collections&catID=3&pID=1016&startRow=10

http://www.singlestone.com/index.php?page=collections&catID=3&pID=867&startRow=10

http://www.singlestone.com/index.php?page=collections&catID=3&pID=853&startRow=23

I have never been able to open Steven Kirsch's website properly... I think I must need to update software, or I have a weird setting on or something... Sad situation!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
tuffyluvr|1348089499|3271197 said:
gosh, that setting is pretty! and not even a hint of a bowtie in the oval, wowwiee!!!

the setting reminds me of these Single Stone settings:

http://www.singlestone.com/index.php?page=collections&catID=3&pID=1016&startRow=10

http://www.singlestone.com/index.php?page=collections&catID=3&pID=867&startRow=10

http://www.singlestone.com/index.php?page=collections&catID=3&pID=853&startRow=23

I have never been able to open Steven Kirsch's website properly... I think I must need to update software, or I have a weird setting on or something... Sad situation!!!

Are you typing .net ??? or .com ??? He's a .net.

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy, please keep us updated on Neatfreak.....hope she is feeling better! :wavey:

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry guys!!! Gypsy told me I was a wanted woman and this is my first chance to pop in! Crazy time at work and add in a set of twins, and whoa! No time!

I don't have any more photos right now but could answer any questions you guys might have! I'll try and take some more pics but realistically not sure when I'll have time. :wavey:

Thanks for all the compliments! I adore the ring and Steven was lovely to work with!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't know if you are still checking this Taylorbug, but finally took a few extra snapshots for you mostly of the other profiles.

photo__17_2.jpg

photo__16_0.jpg

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I am so happy you posted new photos!! I have been waiting for these for so long :appl: SUCH a special ring :love:

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
what a lush ring. but we will need even more pictures when you get the chance. :love:

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
neatfreak|1350659637|3288575 said:
I don't know if you are still checking this Taylorbug, but finally took a few extra snapshots for you mostly of the other profiles.

Thanks for the pics.......do you happen to have more? Was this a SK ring? :wavey:

MJ0911

Rough_Rock
I absolutely love this setting and had previously found a similar antique setting that I've discussed with our jeweler, but I keep going back and forth between this and a halo. I'm planning on having a very light peachy sapphire as the centre stone - what do you all think this would look like with a very light peach centre stone (think similar to morganite colour, but with the refraction of sapphire obviously!)? I was alternatively thinking of a halo in rose gold (I think with this style setting I would stick to white gold as the rose might be a bit much?) With getting a custom ring I just have such trouble visualising what it will be like so I'd love some input!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
If you want to emphasize the peach color, you could do a halo of icy white diamonds, and use rose gold prongs/bezel just for the center stone. What about a rose gold cup under the stone to amp up the color? I find that faint pink stones tend to blend into skin colors.

MJ0911

Rough_Rock
I guess my concern with the halo is both that they're delicate (and I'm clumsy!) and also that I don't want something too clingy. I quote like the way peach sapphires can blend into the skin a bit and that they have more of a glow than a sparkle, and also for my work anything super-blingy is not appropriate. Once I finalise on a stone (whole other saga!) I might ask my jeweler for his advice. But so long as the general reaction isn't "gross, you could never put a coloured stone in that setting" then I feel happy and can continue on muddling through (and being the most difficult client my jeweler has ever had!)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results