shape
carat
color
clarity

Near colorless appear colorless with fluorescence???

freewheelinrose

Rough_Rock
This diamond is near colorless. It does possess a slight tint of color. Being that J color is the lowest grade in the near colorless range, it represents the greatest value. It allows you to purchase a larger stone for the same price. If this diamond has medium to strong blue fluorescence, the slight tint of color will be masked and the stone will appear almost colorless

-taken from since1910.com when viewing the details on a loose diamond.

So from that quote above am I understanding that you can get a lower grade near colorless range diamond and IF it has a medium to strong fluorescence in the certification description, then it will be more like a "colorless" diamond??

Thanks for all the help out there!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, since fluor is only activated in the presence of UV light source and this is not present in most lighting conditions, you will not see the effect most of the time.

Love it for what it is and not because if will have whitening effect in certain conditions, you might be disappointed in that case.

ked123

Rough_Rock
For what it is worth (since I am not a diamond expert)....

I have an I VSI diamond with medium blue flourescence. I get unsolicited compliments all the time on my stone. It looks really white, no hint of color at all. This is an upgrade for me in terms of size (previously I had a smaller G color VS2 stone).

I would take a look at the stone in person and make a decision from there.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stone-cold11|1295621535|2828652 said:
No, since fluor is only activated in the presence of UV light source and this is not present in most lighting conditions, you will not see the effect most of the time.

Love it for what it is and not because if will have whitening effect in certain conditions, you might be disappointed in that case.[/quote]
PERFECTLY said!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results