carat
color
clarity

Blog Natural Diamond Prices - November 2021

bcmacdonald

Staff member
PriceScope-2-683x1024.png

bcmacdonald published a new blog post.
As the world prepares to recover from the COVID-19 global pandemic so has the diamond industry. We have seen a positive increase in the average price of natural diamonds over the past couple of months. We have also seen a shift in the Top 5 Popular Diamond Shapes as many traditional shapes that were trending pre-COVID have since become less...

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

m mirzadeh

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Please advise me about the price of this diamond

Cut: modified kite step

10.20 carat

Fancy Brown-Yellow, Even

Clarity: i2

GIA Report Number: 534394669

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

Please advise me about the price of this diamond

Cut: modified kite step

10.20 carat

Fancy Brown-Yellow, Even

Clarity: i2

GIA Report Number: 534394669

GIA report number 534394669 is not valid.
GIA534394669.png

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Is it due to the "strong demands" of year end holiday?

Covid shutting mines over the past 18 months, cutters leaving Surat - Covid. Diwali extended manufacture shut down for 3 weeks. More cash on jewels and less on travel etc etc

VDK1

Shiny_Rock
Covid shutting mines over the past 18 months, cutters leaving Surat - Covid. Diwali extended manufacture shut down for 3 weeks. More cash on jewels and less on travel etc etc

Oh, covid : Many people are jobless and the others invest in stocks and then buy .... diamonds;)2

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
GIA Report Number: 5343946691

Quite a lot going on with that one.
Make a new thread here in RockyTalky so that a specific discussion about it can take place.

Screenshot_20211210-063643.png

Diamond Best Friend

Rough_Rock

Hi Gary,
Thank you for your insightful viewpoint and inside track of the diamond world. I do have a question though, will the prices come back down? Thank you.
D

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Gary,
Thank you for your insightful viewpoint and inside track of the diamond world. I do have a question though, will the prices come back down? Thank you.
D

Good question, will Omricon shut down factories and mining again?
Will Chinese property cause a collapse of demand in the large diamond consumers there?
Will things get cheaper after the western festive season? Or will Chinese New Year drive demand further?
I wish I knew. But what I do know is strong blue fluorescent diamonds (absent scattered inclusions) over the medium and longer term will rise in prices so get em while they are cheap as chips!
1639605499394.png

Diamond Best Friend

Rough_Rock
Okay, now you have me so curious. Would you please elaborate on the statement about "strong blue fluorescent diamonds", "get em while they are "cheap as chips"?
What exactly do you mean?
D

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Okay, now you have me so curious. Would you please elaborate on the statement about "strong blue fluorescent diamonds", "get em while they are "cheap as chips"?
What exactly do you mean?
D

High colored diamonds look great with the help of the blue - makes them icier white (sp?) They were called Blue White and cost more.
High clarity blue fluorescent diamonds are less likely to be milky hazy than lower clarity diamonds.
Those diamonds have huge discounts. It does not make sense.
GIA (scientists) are exploring ways to seperate and identify milky hazy fluorescent diamonds.
Tomorrow in about 18 hours?

Diamond Best Friend

Rough_Rock
Well Gary, I am dating myself by sharing this but; I recall when the "blue white diamonds" (diamonds with fluorescence) were highly sought after back in the 50-60's. Then in later years some articles were written about them possessing the milky haziness you speak of I believe in one of the Asian Countries and demand and prices sharply dropped. Some brick and mortar jewelers will not carry them. True?
D

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Well Gary, I am dating myself by sharing this but; I recall when the "blue white diamonds" (diamonds with fluorescence) were highly sought after back in the 50-60's. Then in later years some articles were written about them possessing the milky haziness you speak of I believe in one of the Asian Countries and demand and prices sharply dropped. Some brick and mortar jewelers will not carry them. True?
D

The real problem is nay sayers on the internet. But that is also the opportunity. Watch the webinar or the video that will follow it.
At last GIA have a scientist who is not a geochemist only

Diamond Best Friend

Rough_Rock
High colored diamonds look great with the help of the blue - makes them icier white (sp?) They were called Blue White and cost more.
High clarity blue fluorescent diamonds are less likely to be milky hazy than lower clarity diamonds.
Those diamonds have huge discounts. It does not make sense.
GIA (scientists) are exploring ways to seperate and identify milky hazy fluorescent diamonds.
Tomorrow in about 18 hours?

What are your thoughts on internal graining with strong fluorescence?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
What are your thoughts on internal graining with strong fluorescence?

Absolute no no! Surface graining can be OK but not Internal graining. And GIA miss most of it.
I have an example on this page down near the bottom

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Knowing my own predilections, I think I would absolutely love blue-white diamonds. I adore the iceiest white and am willing to pay a premium for it (I greatly prefer cool-color over size.) The problem is, as a novice in the diamond world, I am afraid to buy a diamond without knowing it is a super-ideal and has been pre-vetted for cut and light return by an expert. So, because of that, and the super-ideal vendors not selling diamonds with strong blue flor., I don't really have the opportunity to buy or even see a colorless, high-clarity diamond with strong blue flor.

What's a cool-diamond-loving-girl to do?

I am such a freak for cool-color diamonds, I am assembling a tennis bracelet one diamond at a time with all D's. Perhaps that should be one definition of insanity. :lol-2:

@Garry H (Cut Nut) start your own line of super ideals with strong blue flor and I'll happily be your customer!

Last edited:

Diamond Best Friend

Rough_Rock
Thank you for you
Absolute no no! Surface graining can be OK but not Internal graining. And GIA miss most of it.
I have an example on this page down near the bottom

Thank you again.

Yatin

Rough_Rock
The prices of Diamond in November 2021 have been quite reasonable for me. I think I would like diamondlite from japan stones. They are reasonable and a perfect replica for diamonds. A perfect wide array of shapes, various sizes, and a range of colors. Each and every piece of the gem is the one you will treasure forever.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results