shape
carat
color
clarity

Nasal Spray (flonase, nasonex etc)WEIGHT GAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah, I learned that the hard way! All steriodal meds have the risk of weight gain, though, I think. I was on three different kinds of steroids (asthma), and I have gained about 50lbs overall. Then again, they''re the only things that work for my ashtma, so it''s breathe or be slimmer. Good luck!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Back to Ocean saline spray for me.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gosh, I take flonase every day, so does my hubby. We haven''t gained weight at all from it, we have taken it for years. I take Advair and Singulair for Asthma and never gained weight. I get bronchitis really easy and have bad allergies.

Linda

icekid

Ideal_Rock
weird... I've never heard of the nasal allery meds causing serious/quick weight gain and I've had tons of patients on it. I guess it's possible, but all of the symptoms the people on that website are attributing to Flonase after taking it for 10 years? Sorry, no. What a scary website that must be for patients to read! Of course, systemic steroids like Amber needs for her asthma certainly cause weight gain. I've been using Flonase for over 10 years spring/summers only, and never had any adverse effects. I'll look into it a bit more though...

Delster

Ideal_Rock
I got a surprise reading this and figured it must be a different nasal spray to the one I take but no, it''s the same, just a different brand name. It''s called Flixonase over here.

I''m so sorry you''ve had problems with it! I would be lost without that nose spray. My doctor put me on it about a year ago, genuinely, it changed my life. After a week of using it, BF pointed out that we hadn''t bought tissues in a week and I about hit the floor in shock. Before, I couldn''t leave a room without having a tissue on hand, never mind leave the house without them! At that point it dawned on me that I had lived 27 years without any concept of what normal breathing felt like.

I''ve taken the systemic steroids before too (doctors can''t quite agree if I have asthma or not) and thankfully didn''t have any weight gain problems on those either. I don''t take any of those at the moment, just the Flixonase, and last Winter was my first ever without a chest infection. I have never felt healthier.

Hope you can sort out another solution iwanna!
35.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I take Nasonex and have for 12 years with no problems, just clear breathing. My dad tried Flonase and got mean. It was weird... he started snapping at people and suddenly had road rage. My mom ordered him to stop taking it. Now my DH is on it and I haven''t really noticed a difference in him, but then he''s always had road rage issues...
2.gif

I''d also be lost without my nasal spray. It''s such a nice thing to be able to breathe. I did have some nasal tissue sensitivity and nose bleeds when I first started using it, but it stopped eventually.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t use it before bed last night like I usually do and I slept the best I have in weeks and I feel rested. I took a Claritin this morning and used saline spray. Insomnia from presciptions such as Singulair and so forth are my most common side effect.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Before bed... that might be part of the problem. I always use these medications first thing in the morning. The steroids can definitely cause insomnia and could make you jittery if you are sensitive to them.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Iwanna, I was put on prescription claritin AND singulair per day, and when I''d take them I''d just be laying there in bed almost vibrating from lack of sleep. It was insane.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I take flonase daily and haven''t had any problems, however I do spray it first thing in the morning after I get out of the shower.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results