shape
carat
color
clarity

Narrowed to two diamonds. Planning On buying very soon.

RSVRMAN

Rough_Rock
Need the final input on these two diamonds. Have been lurking and learning a ton from this forum for some time. I'm aware both diamonds are EGL and not GIA. I'm trying to get the most stone for what $$ I have. I'm having a hard time with either getting the nice 1 carat (number#) or go with the .9 carat with a higher color. The color as far as I read could be much lower than that compared to GIA. It will be going into a simple tiffany style 3 prong setting. Lemme know which one you would buy.

Thanks a bunch for your time. :read:

http://www.uniondiamond.com/control/showDiamondDetails?productId=AE0355203

http://www.uniondiamond.com/control/showDiamondDetails?productId=AE0075862

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have they provided you with magnified pictures of the two diamonds? You simply can't choose a diamond from paperwork alone especially when it is a fancy shape.

One more question, has the recipient requested a heart shape diamond?

RSVRMAN

Rough_Rock
The rep I talked to said they don't do pictures on the diamond, but called and had them tell her about the stone on the phone. She thought I should go with the .9 diamond, but I know my future partner really wants 1ct. Which most 1ct's are just out of my price range unless I sacrifice significant quality. My girlfriend wants something different and decided on a heart. I tried to convince her otherwise and looked at various different stones, but her mind is set. Thank you for your input.

RSVRMAN

Rough_Rock
Has anyone got a union diamond rep to send the pictures of the diamond?

RSVRMAN

Rough_Rock
Bump

RSVRMAN

Rough_Rock
I attached an image of the 1.01. Do any of you feel this is yellowish or would be fine for a white gold setting. Color is EGL graded H.

ae0355203_1.jpg

RSVRMAN

Rough_Rock
Here is a picture of the .90 EGL Graded D color.

_780.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What was their opinion?

RSVRMAN

Rough_Rock
Her comment was she like the D better, however the diamonds are in two separate places and she is receiving opinions from two different people. ( I think she just wants to make a sale of the D diamond being a higher price )The pictures she sent me are the same ones that were seeing. I'm no diamond expert the the D seems to have very visible inclusions. What do you think on the inclusions? Thanks very much for your opinion! I'm still undecided but hope to place an order later today.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes, I can tell that they are from two different places, that is unfortunate. For EGL stones, the grading is a bit loose and that is probably not what a strict grader would call a VS2. I like the fatter shape of the H but it seems a bit dark (can't tell for sure).

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
JulieN|1346868220|3262703 said:
I like the fatter shape of the H but it seems a bit dark (can't tell for sure).

I like this one better too, and it looks like there is a shadow on the paper... maybe causing some of the darkness?

RSVRMAN

Rough_Rock
I will trust your much better judgement than mine. I will go with the H. It appears to faceup white and if it does have a bit of yellow on the back I figure the basket will cover it up.Thank you very much for your quick replys! :appl: :appl: :appl: :D

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the smaller table on the D. If it's eyeclean it's a nice stone. The picture on the other one isn't the best, so I can't tell you much there.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you were able to get pictures! I see no way to choose without them! I think they both look okay, it's just that the color on the "H" is likely J-K in GIA standards which means it will have a little tint. The "D" would be more like F-G which obviously would be whiter. The size/color balance is just personal preference.

RSVRMAN

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1346873002|3262742 said:
So glad you were able to get pictures! I see no way to choose without them! I think they both look okay, it's just that the color on the "H" is likely J-K in GIA standards which means it will have a little tint. The "D" would be more like F-G which obviously would be whiter. The size/color balance is just personal preference.

Them being able to get pictures helped out a lot. I would have loved to get more, but I'm one customer out of 100,000. They got close ups that were good enough for me. I think I will stay with the H 1.01 as I believe I'd prefer a diamond without inclusions that I could see. The picture on the D worried me about being able to see them. As my price range I can't go any higher with what $$ I have I will be pretty happy. I could only afford S1 G .5 ct from the local jewelers (average) for my $2500-$3000 price range. Thanks again for the input. Having a second opinion on these really helps. :mrgreen:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results