shape
carat
color
clarity

Name one thing you love about being older

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
One superficial and somewhat bizarre thing I’m enjoying about getting older is my hair changing texture.
As I’ve gotten older it went from straight, to wavy, to now curly. When I had several inches cut off at the beginning of the summer, my hair started to really show off the curls. Now I almost exclusively wear it curly. It’s been crazy, but I like trying to figure it out the best way to style it.
FC5DE895-8970-4A18-B61E-2F2B2894AB67.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One superficial and somewhat bizarre thing I’m enjoying about getting older is my hair changing texture.
As I’ve gotten older it went from straight, to wavy, to now curly. When I had several inches cut off at the beginning of the summer, my hair started to really show off the curls. Now I almost exclusively wear it curly. It’s been crazy, but I like trying to figure it out the best way to style it.

This happened to me! I was in my early twenties I think when my stick straight hair became super curly. It was the craziest thing. Now I think I look better with curly hair but then I didn't feel the same way. Anyway I think you look amazing with your beautiful curly hair!

How I style mine (not that you asked lol) is after I wash and condition my hair with sulfate free etc products I take the my dh's clean undershirt T and just scrunch my hair with it taking out some of the moisture and let it air dry. Easy peasy and no frizz that way. The less you do with curly hair the better generally. HTH.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock

Now that, I'm not enjoying. Of course it doesn't look as lovely as yours. My hair was fairly coarse but straight pre-puberty. Then it became fine, but still straight, which I love. Now, after a medical event (not cancer) several years ago led to some hair loss, and probably also due to aging, it has grown back in but it has waves in the back and is more coarse again.. I have no idea what to do with the waves so my hair stays short now...

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your curls are gorgeous. Perfect ringlets.

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
This happened to me! I was in my early twenties I think when my stick straight hair became super curly. It was the craziest thing. Now I think I look better with curly hair but then I didn't feel the same way. Anyway I think you look amazing with your beautiful curly hair!

How I style mine (not that you asked lol) is after I wash and condition my hair with sulfate free etc products I take the my dh's clean undershirt T and just scrunch my hair with it taking out some of the moisture and let it air dry. Easy peasy and no frizz that way. The less you do with curly hair the better generally. HTH.

Thanks for the sweet words and tips! I have found a shampoo/conditioner that is sulfate and silicone free, but haven’t been able to break myself of my towel habit.
I do like to scrunch in Redken’s No Blow Dry cream for an easy air dry day. But if I wanna bit more volume and hold I’ll also use a little mousse, then diffuse it upside down.

A funny story about the first time I used mousse: apparently a small dollop dropped on the floor. My three year old was watching and exclaimed, “Oh no mom! Your hair potion is on the floor!” So now I can’t use it without laughing about my new hair potion ;)2

Your curls are gorgeous. Perfect ringlets.

Thank you! I think that’s part of why it was so surprising, it isn’t just a little bit curly. There are full on coils.

So many things about getting older haven’t been as nice of a surprise as this. :lol-2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What you are doing is working! Looks great.. with your new hair potion (and less weight? more bounce?)

cheers--Sharon

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
What you are doing is working! Looks great.. with your new hair potion (and less weight? more bounce?)

cheers--Sharon

I do think the potion helps the curls from being heavy enough they pull themselves out. My hair wet/straight hangs to the middle of my back, so a little hold helps them keep their shape.
I’m not too sure how bouncy they are. My daughter said she always wanted to pull on a curl to see if it “boings” back into place. I let her try but apparently it was underwhelming :lol-2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do think the potion helps the curls from being heavy enough they pull themselves out. My hair wet/straight hangs to the middle of my back, so a little hold helps them keep their shape.
I’m not too sure how bouncy they are. My daughter said she always wanted to pull on a curl to see if it “boings” back into place. I let her try but apparently it was underwhelming :lol-2:

Perhaps she was missing that sound (kids don't watch old cartoons...for me as an ancient...."boing" was an visual and sound event!)

Nonetheless your hair is gorgeous.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm one step closer to getting off this ride called life.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm one step closer to getting off this ride called life.

Dear Chrono, we all are.
And that is why we have to make each day count and live.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Women Over 40.......
In case you missed it on 60 Minutes, this is what Andy Rooney thinks about women over 40:

As I grow in age, I value women over 40 most of all. Here are just a few reasons why:

A woman over 40 will never wake you in the middle of the night and ask, 'What are you thinking?' She doesn't care what you think.

If a woman over 40 doesn't want to watch the game, she doesn't sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do, and it's usually more interesting.

Women over 40 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you if they think they can get away with it.

Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it's like to be unappreciated.

Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman over 40.

Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 40 is far sexier than her younger counterpart.

Older women are forthright and honest. They'll tell you right off if you are a jerk, if you are acting like one. You don't ever have to wonder where you stand with her.

Yes, we praise women over 40 for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately, it's not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed, hot woman over 40, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some 22-year old waitress. Ladies, I apologize.

For all those men who say, 'Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free? Here's an update for you................

Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage. Why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire pig just to get a little sausage!

Andy Rooney is a very intelligent man.~~

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I like being an adult and the freedom that comes with it. I like having stability in my life... it feels so great. I like coming home to the same house everyday and being with the my little family that I love more than anything. I like that I can choose who I associate with now. I like that I don’t have to ask permission to do anything anymore (even though I still ask my husband). I remember once my dad flipped out at me for buying an iPhone with my own money after I had already moved out. It’s so nice not to deal with that anymore. This life is the best.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Tough one, because the gains all come with some losses.

menopause - no period, but now I have osteoporosis.
menopause - straight hair turned wavy, but It’s gone from thick to thin as heck.
Story after story like this. Hmmm...I don’t get PMS anymore, which used to make me mean and nasty? Also, the wisdom I’ve gained from going thru life experiences.
I do really like my platinum strands, thin as they are?

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
Being able to stand in line and get a costco sample without getting yelled at by the sample lady, asking me in a condescending tone, where my parents are and that kids aren't allowed to have samples.

Did that not happen to anyone else? 8D

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you no longer get hard there's no performance anxiety.

Well, cough cough, I mean, what I meant to say is, that's what a friend told me. :oops:

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’ve always acted stereotypically middle aged/boring - go to bed early, don’t drink, wear comfy clothes and shoes, am a bit quirky and embraced it all. Now that I am middle aged, people think I’m cool because I’m comfortable with myself. I’ve finally reached the age where my personality and quirks are an asset and not a liability.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results