shape
carat
color
clarity

MZ Wallace bags?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am still on this mission for the smaller/lighter bag. I returned the Lo and Sons Pearl that I loved because I couldn't get all my stuff in it and it was black and I don't really love black bags...I regret that return but decided to repurchase when the new colors come out later this year. When that actually is they haven't confirmed, nor will they....

In the meantime, a brand I was looking into for the last two years off and on and kept talking myself out of because it's nylon and expensive for nylon, is back on my radar. I bought a LIZZY on sale in black last week and will get it tomorrow--I don't know if Ill keep it because it's black but I wanted to check it out in person to see what I thought about the layout and size. I think I'd like a Paige better but the strap situation on this one and the front pocket on this one I liked better. We'll see.

Anyway...I am told these things wear like iron and they're super light because of the fact that they are nylon, and I figure that they're lower profile in brand..

I also got a STEAL on a LeSportsac Deluxe Shoulder Satchel in "Mirage" which is navy when I ordered a few Weekender bags from Ebates to check out in person when I also bought a Samsonite Spinner --- I had some serious spending benders this weekend..this month... (I seriously think I got the purse one for $20 from Ebates after all the discounts PLUS 16% on ebates!) I was going to return it because it's not the most gorgeous bag, but since it was SO inexpensive and fits my stuff AND is light, I might keep it to have it for when I want a knockaround bag that's non descript.

So back to the point--Does anyone carry an MZ Wallace--thoughts? Ultimately I want a navy bag with gold HW, Paige or Lizzy or Mia if that ever happens. I don't want large, but it has to fit all my crap--if I can even carry less than the crap I have now...

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
I have two MZ Wallace bags and I love them. Like you, I was hesitant as I could not understand the willingness to spend the $$ on a nylon bag. After hearing countless rave reviews, I decided to try.

My first was a Lizzy. I love this bag. It is perfect for my needs. It is comfortable to wear, holds my stuff and has the required front pocket for my phone.

I then tried the Paige. I also really like this bag. It is larger and I find it to be a bit larger than I need but it isn't terribly huge so I did keep it.

I do not find them to be as lightweight as I expected. They aren't heavy but nowhere near as light as lesportsac. Of course, the quality is well above that of lesportsac as well. Hardware, zippers, etc. There is quite a bit of metal in the accents, which adds weight. They seem to be easy to keep clean.

I wish they came in some bright, fun colors but the bags are nice. I purchased mine on eBay and enjoyed the considerable discount of buying pre-loved. :) I wouldn't pay full retail, personally.

Hope you find your perfect fit bag!

Eta: Clarifying that I am not making a judgment in general of whether or not these bags are worth their retail price tag. I can't remember the last time I paid retail for a bag or wallet. I shop gently loved or really good sales.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Excellent. My LP is not terribly heavy empty but heavy enough. It's leather afterall. And the metal accents and extra zippers are just enough.

I would ideally get this on sale but if it's what I want, Ill pay full price. My biggest thing is finding them in the color I want--Navy. Ideally with gold HW. Not easy to find. I am told that there should be a Lizzy in this year's "navy" for Fall. I don't get why navy is not year round...Perfect neutral!

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
LP = Linea Pelle? If so, those are definitely on the heavy side but they are that thick, delicious, squishy, chewy leather. :)

I think MZW needs more colors, in general. There is a boutique with a FB page that has big MZW sales a few times a year. Really good deals. I think it is called Flat of the Hill.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
purplesparklies|1432661136|3881297 said:
LP = Linea Pelle? If so, those are definitely on the heavy side but they are that thick, delicious, squishy, chewy leather. :)

I think MZW needs more colors, in general. There is a boutique with a FB page that has big MZW sales a few times a year. Really good deals. I think it is called Flat of the Hill.
The mzw sale on their site just went up and i wasnt excited about much. i need to go see a paige and a hayley in person. i got the lizzy and it may be too small?

and yes that lp! the leather is delicious, but heavy...

imageuploadedbytapatalk1432661706.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1432661722.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1432661733.jpg

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
I wasn't impressed with the sale either. :(

I felt like my Lizzy held more than I expected it to hold. Wonder how it will feel once you have it all packed up? I have had to pare down what I carry due to chronic back/shoulder/neck issues so I may not be a good judge of how much it holds.

Eta: I must admit that I have been feeling some serious wallet envy after seeing the pics of your LV!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it. Though like a loser, I have it IN the dustbag in my purse hahah! I don't want it rubbing on anything. :boohoo:

I agree that the Lizzy did hold way more than I anticipated. I just have way more than I thought I did. I did load the Lizzy up at work, boy it got heavy fast. I determined that tonight I need to try to consolidate two of my emergency pouches. And/or not have them. I just don't know how to get rid of some of that. I have to have the inhaler, and the pill container which is thankfully small and flat.

I am going to look at the Paige and the Hayley tomorrow after work and compare them. I am wondering if they'll distribute the weight better.

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
That is pretty funny but I understand the compulsion to keep it pretty and new.

I would think the Paige and Hayley will distribute the weight a bit better because of the increased width. Everything can be spread out a bit more. Thankfully for me, I have no emergency pouches. The interior zipper pocket holds my inhaler, pill container and a couple other little items. My glasses case is in one interior slip pocket and my lipstick and gloss is in the other slip pocket. My small notebook lays flat on the bottom of the bag withy keys and my wallet sits atop those. My earbuds, mints and tissues are in the front flat zipper pocket and my phone goes in the outermost front pocket. That is all I carry these days.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results