shape
carat
color
clarity

Mystery garage sale stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I got some stones at a garage sale today. The most expensive one was seven dollars so they were pretty cheap. But the guy selling them couldn''t tell me what they were because they had been his uncles who has now passed away. I''m adding them to my growing gem and mineral collection.
I think one''s a white opal, one an amethyst, a piece of jade, and I have no idea about the last one. It''s a cabachon thats very high in the center. of course I wish it would be a pink sapphire :) but I''m also thinking maybe tourmaline or even something lab created. What do you think it could be?

mysterystones.jpg

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Amethyst and opal definitely! Jade? Never seen it that dark but could be. Cheap tourmaline perhaps? Its hard to tell it looks really dark and opaque in the picture. That pink one I haven''t seen anything of the likes. It almost has a pink flouresence to it. Are you gonna have them looked at? I am curious about the latter two!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Is that one black? It could be onyx. If it is old then it could be that, alot of men back then liked to have them for good luck and they used to have them in their rings, my grandfather does. The other one is probably lab created from the pics and one is an opal and the other looks like amythyst. That help??

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the replies
It''s dark green and totally opaque yes. The pink one is hot pink and I am sort of thinking lab stone as well. Maybe I''ll bring them to someone to look at one of these days since I''m curious. I thought Jade came in all sorts of shades but what do I know. I''m no expert.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
the green one looks like some type of jade to me...

the pink and purple ones most likely lab created, IMO.

hopefully the experts can chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results