shape
carat
color
clarity

MyLife Dot Com - Don't Use This Site!!

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
I made a huge mistake today and I want to make sure no one else does!

I was trying to find a short cut for finding addresses of my relatives for wedding invitations without getting my family involved and having my mom call my relatives. She's honestly horrible at doing stuff like this and I've already waited weeks for her to do it - so I decided to take it into my own hands and I signed up for MyLife.com to search my relatives.

The website came up on a Google search for some of my relatives and it had some of my uncles names and correct cities. It claimed if I just paid 15 bucks - I could get their address! Well I signed up... but it still wouldnt give me their address. It asked me to upgrade once, another 15 bucks so I could get their mailing address... well I did that again and still nothing. Now it's asking me to upgrade a third time and this time their details will really show up!

Are you kidding me? I just got ripped off 30 bucks and it is showing me LESS now that I signed up and paid than before I did. I will call my credit card company tomorow to cancel it and will call the website as well to call them liars over the phone. I just goggled the website after this happened and there are HUNDREDS of people who had the same thing happen to them.

Please do not let this happen to you!!! I am SOO angry right now!!! :angryfire:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no Maple! :(( I'm sorry!

Have you tried using whitepages.com? If you have their name and city/state, it will give you their mailing address.

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Wow maple , that really sucks!! I'm typically kinda awkward and prefer the online thing to actually requesting things of people (especially if a phone call would lead to an actual conversation). If I were still planning my family-invited wedding, I'd contact younger relatives (cousins) and get their parents or other relative addresses from them.

Shame your mom dropped the ball and now you lost $30 :(sad

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
I will try whitepages.com!

I called the company today to demand they take me off their monthly subscription and get a refund. The lady started the convo by stating "we do not offer refunds" even before I said anything. Awful! Arrrg.

I am going to push this responsibility on my brother next and see if he'll do it.... maybe I'll have my 18 year old nephew make a few calls to out cousins as well. I don't want to personally call my relatives - I haven't seen them in 12 years and I'm just inviting them cause of my parents. :shock: :(sad

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
maple2012|1387859982|3579832 said:
I will try whitepages.com!

I called the company today to demand they take me off their monthly subscription and get a refund. The lady started the convo by stating "we do not offer refunds" even before I said anything. Awful! Arrrg.

I am going to push this responsibility on my brother next and see if he'll do it.... maybe I'll have my 18 year old nephew make a few calls to out cousins as well. I don't want to personally call my relatives - I haven't seen them in 12 years and I'm just inviting them cause of my parents. :shock: :(sad

Could you put it to your mother in terms of "I need addresses by _______ date. If I don't have them, I'm sending invitations to those people I have addresses for and the rest WON'T be invited."

I do NOT miss the headaches of planning for a family-invited wedding!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maple, I hope you are able to work this out.

I apologize for offering unsolicited advice (I don't even usually see this subforum, it's been 25 years since I planned my wedding!) But, I wanted to encourage you to get the addresses from the invitees themselves.

A few years ago, DH and received a Save the Date, from a couple we didn't know. There was no return address on the envelope (who DOES that?!) which had been mailed from Texas, the wedding to be in upstate NY and we were in NJ. The STD had no names of the parents, which I suppose is usual, but we were puzzled about the invite. Fast forward a few weeks, and we got the invite and knew for sure we didn't know the couple or their parents. I sent that reply back the same day, with a note that I thought they had the wrong address for a couple by our same name. Right after that, I thought to look it up in our local directory, and yes, there was a listing by the same name as my husband. I think I found the long lost guest, and only hope they did too!

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Hi KaeKae!!

Oh my gosh! I wonder how the couple felt after realizing they had sent the invite to the wrong house!!!

Yep - I realize now I shouldn't trust the internet with something as sensitive as addresses. Honestly I think after a glass or two of wine the idea sounded fantastic and I thought it would take pressure off my mom so I signed up for the website. I called them immediately the next day and cancelled though! :oops:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results