shape
carat
color
clarity

My yellow sapphire arrived!

JSG2185

Shiny_Rock
Hi all!

My oval yellow sapphire arrived! It's from AJS and it's absolutely gorgeous. Due to budget, it's a heated stone and not the most perfect (inclusion visible from the side when loose but it's totally eye clean from the top) however I love it nonetheless. It's getting set into a diamond halo ring :kiss2:. For reference is 4.5 carats.
yellow-sapphire.jpg

A little (big) piece of sunshine on your hand... I hope you enjoy it for many years to come! I look forward to seeing the finished piece. =)2

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
It is gorgeous, congrats! Nothing wrong at all with heated sapphire, like 95% or more are. What matters is it's beautiful and it makes your heart pitter patter!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Ooo so pretty and cheerful! How are you going to set it?

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I think it’s stunning! Looove that color. Like a droplet of gold!

JSG2185

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all, I love the color too!

Quick question: I think the inclusion it has is a feather (white-ish kind of whispy looking) and it's internal and runs along the side of the stone kind of. It doesn't reach the surface because all facets are smooth and it's not visible from the top of the stone so it doesn't bother me at all. I just want to double check that something like this won't affect structural integrity?

I'll definitely post pics once it's set!

Quick question: I think the inclusion it has is a feather (white-ish kind of whispy looking) and it's internal and runs along the side of the stone kind of. It doesn't reach the surface because all facets are smooth and it's not visible from the top of the stone so it doesn't bother me at all. I just want to double check that something like this won't affect structural integrity?

Certainly sounds like a typical feather... does it run the entire length of the stone? That it is not surface-reaching is a definite plus.

JSG2185

Shiny_Rock
Certainly sounds like a typical feather... does it run the entire length of the stone? That it is not surface-reaching is a definite plus.

It runs a good amount across the stone, almost diagonally but never touches the surface of the stone, or the girdle! I'd take a picture but it's difficult to do with just my phone. You think you'd see it from the top of the stone, but you don't, it looks totally eye clean.

It runs a good amount across the stone, almost diagonally but never touches the surface of the stone, or the girdle! I'd take a picture but it's difficult to do with just my phone. You think you'd see it from the top of the stone, but you don't, it looks totally eye clean.

Typically, internal feathers located deep in corundum are harmless, unless we're talking about a forceful impact to the stone at just the right spot and angle. Larger fractures that span the crystal end-to-end or break the surface could possibly affect its integrity. I just can't say for sure without studying it. If you think it might cause you to worry, have a local G.G. take a look at it. Are you in the US?

JSG2185

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful sapphire. Reminds me of Truth (a whole other story) but it gives you an idea what a modest diamond halo looks like. David Klass did the setting.
C913C6AD-E7BC-40FA-98FF-2BC0A88C8D71.jpeg

That is so beautiful!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Is it a fingerprint or a feather inclusion? Typically nothing to worry about if they are small and internal.

JSG2185

Shiny_Rock
Typically, internal feathers located deep in corundum are harmless, unless we're talking about a forceful impact to the stone at just the right spot and angle. Larger fractures that span the crystal end-to-end or break the surface could possibly affect its integrity. I just can't say for sure without studying it. If you think it might cause you to worry, have a local G.G. take a look at it. Are you in the US?

I double checked with AJS and they said the long whiteish wispy inclusion across the side are rutile needles which are common in sapphires. They confirmed the structural integrity is not compromised. Phew!

JSG2185

Shiny_Rock
Is it a fingerprint or a feather inclusion? Typically nothing to worry about if they are small and internal.

AJS told me today that the long white wispy inclusion are small rutile needles and nothing to worry about as they are very common.

I double checked with AJS and they said the long whiteish wispy inclusion across the side are rutile needles which are common in sapphires. They confirmed the structural integrity is not compromised. Phew!

I'm glad to hear your concerns have been allayed! Now you are free to just enjoy your new stone!! I look forward to seeing it set. :)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG that’s a gorgeous stone!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful sapphire. Reminds me of Truth (a whole other story) but it gives you an idea what a modest diamond halo looks like. David Klass did the setting.
C913C6AD-E7BC-40FA-98FF-2BC0A88C8D71.jpeg
Is this the yellow sapphire with the story behind it? Did you get it re-set? Either way, it's very pretty!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Hi all!

My oval yellow sapphire arrived! It's from AJS and it's absolutely gorgeous. Due to budget, it's a heated stone and not the most perfect (inclusion visible from the side when loose but it's totally eye clean from the top) however I love it nonetheless. It's getting set into a diamond halo ring :kiss2:. For reference is 4.5 carats.
yellow-sapphire.jpg !
Thank you so much for buying this stone so I can stop looking at it on the AJS site! I have spent way too much on jewelry lately as it is so I appreciate having the temptation removed. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this the yellow sapphire with the story behind it? Did you get it re-set? Either way, it's very pretty!

I have / had two yellow sapphires.
Both have stories ha ha.
Truth was from the gem haul and almost given away to woman I felt very sorry for. A fellow PSer, likewise feeling sorry for this woman, also contributed money to having the sapphire set. Fortunately the “truth” was exposed and the ring never went to the “woe is me fraudster”. It lives in Texas with Suzanne.
The other ring is what I spent all my savings on at 18 when a long planned oversea trip with my bestie all fell through.
1F1C8C6A-7014-484A-81C0-B82BA5055C9A.jpeg

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous sapphire!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results