shape
carat
color
clarity

My Wife''''s Surprise Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TampaGuy

Rough_Rock

Hello All,

Well I am very excited as I am now in possession of the upgrade ring (with a twist- I purchased the matching band too).

The ring specs:

2.0 Ct Round Brilliant, H, VS2, Table 58, Depth 60.8, Crown 14%, Pavilion 43.5%, Thin to Medium Faceted Girdle, Polish Excellent, Symmetry Very Good, No Fluorescence.. EGL USA cert (6/2/04) and verified by independent GIA GG (unmounted of course).

The settings are platinum with about 1.9 carats of G SI1 stones in the pave. All in all about 3.9 carats of sparkle- I really hope she likes the rings.

Now that I have the rings, 2 things are killing me:

1. Not giving them to her. I will give her the rings next Saturday at a 5 star restaurant (surprise style). Any ideas???
2. Taking pictures of the rings. Diamonds must be the most difficult things to photograph. Either they pick up the color of my shirt, the walls etc.... I hope these turn out okay...bare in mind the color is likely off as the stone is really colorless. Also, any signs of the H&A pattern are distorted because of my camera angle...you get the picture :)

Okay Now for the First Picture:

Let me know what you think :)

Solo Closeup.jpg

TampaGuy

Rough_Rock

So Excited :)

Set Closeup.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
You'd better make sure someone is standing behind your wife when you present her with these rings, becsuse she will PASS OUT.
6.gif
2.gif

Thay are magnificent. You did a fabulous job. Congrats!
36.gif

PS Remember to do hand shots & post here once you give her the rings!
1.gif

TampaGuy

Rough_Rock
Final Picture :)

2 Side with Orchid.jpg

Aurora Borealis

Shiny_Rock
23.gif
Those hearts and arrows are beautiful! Especially that orange arrow...
18.gif

Maybe, since you have a ring and the band, you could pretend like you're proposing to her again?
33.gif

Edited to add: I love the band. Good job, everything is gorgeous.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! If my husband surprised me with something like that I would pass out as well! (my upgrade is not a surprise)!! The set is just beautiful!!!! She is going to FREAK!!!

Good Job Tampa Guy!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
OMG! Great job! So beautiful!
Post hand pics asap!
Good luck!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those rings are going to make her heart skip a beat!!!!!!!! They are AMAZING!
Great job Tampa Guy!
36.gif
Keep us posted on how you will present them to her!!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
WOW! What an upgrade!

slammie

Shiny_Rock
Wow, another gorgeous pave setting..this one is amazing!! What a sweet story..thanks for sharing and keep those picture coming!! BTW, I think you did a great job with the phots..your wife is going to be BLOWN away
36.gif
Oh yeah, where is the setting from? I just love it!!

zoobiedo

Shiny_Rock
Holy Smokes!! Make sure you bring smelling salts with you to that 5-star restaurant. Your wife is going to need them after she passes out from 1. the scintillation 2. the beauty 3. the SHOCK
23.gif
and 4. thoughts of the fabulous husband who picked out such a spectacular set of rings. You done good.
36.gif
12.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that last shot with the orchid, beautiful!!!! The craftsmanship looks amazing as well! Are those custom rings or designer? Would love to know specifics...from the pictures look like 3 sided pave with double prongs? How wide is the band on the ring with the big stone?

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, WOW. Those are just amazing. And the fact that they''re a surprise...you''re so thoughtful and you have great taste to boot!!
36.gif
She will LOVE them!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

OHMIGOD---spectacular! I love, love, love the surprise angle--as the look on her face will be as priceless as it will be memorable. Congrats....You did good!!!

cheers--Sharon

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
Those are lovely! Your wife is going to be blown away. Tell us about the setting and the band - where did you get them?

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Wow, those were already stunning from the first two shots, but that LAST shot from the side nearly knocked me sideways!!! Your wife is a lucky lady and you have done a wonderful job!!

Hand shots to come, I hope?

Congrats!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok... now, who made the rings ? The work is fantastic !
9.gif

genie

Rough_Rock
WOW. what an awesome surpirise. I love it!

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
good griefies!! that will be one heck of a surprise
10.gif
i cannot wait to hear the story next weekend. the rings are absolutely to die for, just gorgeous
30.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh Wow- those are incredible. Such a sweet thing to do for your wife. She''s going to love them
I''m glad you got the matching band- it''s amazing too. Nice shots.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
Really beautiful ans such a thoughtful thing to do on your own. You really have great taste and I am sure your wife will be thrillied with the rings and the thoughtfulness that went behind them.
Does she have any clue as to what is about to enter her life?

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
STUNNING!!!!!!
9.gif

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is a wonderful upgrade gift!!!!
I am sure your wife will be so pleased that you took the time and work to put together such a beautiful set!!!!

It actually reminds me a little of Slammie''s new set, but with more pave and a thicker band!
It''s beautiful and if she doesn''t like it, I will gladly take it for her!
2.gif

tulipcloud

Shiny_Rock
6.gif
OOoooOo mMmmYyy!!!!! that is beautiful..your wife is one lucky lady! and a match band to boot too! can I give you my fiance''s email and you give him hints to surprise me with presents like that too! kekeek
31.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring set! Your wife is a very lucky woman!

SLH

Shiny_Rock
TampaGuy,

Your ring and your pictures are breathtaking. Your wife is going to go crazy with glee.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/5/2004 3
6.gif
4:41 PM
Author:TampaGuy

Let me know what you think :)
I''ll let you know. I think you are quite cruel for posting those pictures without warning us that we would need some sunglasses before viewing them. Thanks to you I am now blinded and I hope you will at least provide a pair for your wife before you present them to her. Tee hee.
9.gif

Have a med squad on hand too, because she will surely pass out. When she revives she will love you for the next 100 years. What a sweetheart of a husband you are. You''ve done well and the rings are splendid to say the least.

And please do tell, is there a special occasion to go with this special set? We''d like to hear your story sometime. Congratulations and best wishes.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Amazing rings! I LOVE the picture with the orchid!!!

TampaGuy

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

First of all. You all are way to kind. After all, you all are the ones with those beautiful rings and diamonds that inspired me in the first place :) Much appreciated...

Some follow up:

1. I am still deliberating about the best way to give her the rings. Smelling salts noted :)
2. The ring and band were purchased here. Not real sure on the origin or if they are custom work ordered by the jeweller and would not want to guess.
http://www.mavilo.com/detail.asp?product_id=DSM2395

http://www.mavilo.com/detail.asp?product_id=DWB472
3. Her ring size is 5
4. I will be sure to post the story of the event in a future post ond Pricescope.
5. There really is no special occasion except that I am blessed to know that every day with my wife should be one. She has followed my career and she has her own profession as an attorney (taken 4 bar exams). The ring is really a small gesture next to the personal sacrifces she has made for us...I wish I could do more. I really do hope she is happy as I have been putting money away secretly for a while so that I could buy the ring for her. Thanks to all of you I ended up making my dollar go further.
6. Forgive me for not being a hand model. I will take some pictures on my wifes beautiful hands later. For now here is one:

(picture taken in the shade outdoors)

Thanks again for all the kindness.

Finger Shot.jpg

TampaGuy

Rough_Rock
One more...please excuse the hands.

(lighting was sunlight through a window in my house)

Orchid Ring Finger.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results