shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My unicorn and first hearts and arrows ideal diamond.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I would like to take the time and thank all of you who help me picked out this diamond.

Now that it is finally in a setting that I am happy with, and someone had requested more photos, I took some time this morning to take some pictures in my garden.

Thanks for letting me share! :kiss2:

84C50163-DBA8-474F-BE51-C0E50F72F654.jpeg C4F938D8-10FF-44D6-92CA-DEC92507F83E.jpeg 01387E2D-44E6-4439-A513-C49E60EE4C99.jpeg 351E4D91-3EBF-4D6D-A3D4-81C2E8D85270.jpeg 6F78F0E3-E8A3-4C6F-880C-E3C15B655C87.jpeg
EB70048D-60C1-4A4A-B2E7-1A5C2346C6CD.jpeg DAC56139-14AD-4370-B2A1-C9A664E182DB.jpeg 7F1A48D3-6E46-4848-AF3F-4C62C26D02FA.jpeg 100DD7FD-4970-429F-9FCB-323C93B27C44.jpeg
F5362313-387D-45CF-8967-8D2D5692219C.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it’s beautiful.:love: Please share more info on the diamond and setting.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
It’s beautiful and you have taken some impressive pictures. Great job! Enjoy her!

Thank you! I am still a newbie from pictures of diamonds and newbie to ideal diamonds as well.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty ring, and some pretty shots! Congrats. :appl:

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful! The diamond looks spectacular and I love the glittery setting. Nice job! Your photography is amazing as well. Congratulations on a gorgeous ring.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful photos, beautiful ring!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Oh. My. Gosh.

What a stunning ring! And absolutely amazing pictures too!!! Quite the collection of beautiful pictures you have done there, I'm quite impressed!

You must be delighted with it. :kiss2:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, congrats! :clap:

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Oh. My. Gosh.

What a stunning ring! And absolutely amazing pictures too!!! Quite the collection of beautiful pictures you have done there, I'm quite impressed!

You must be delighted with it. :kiss2:

I was upset for a few days because one setter damaged my setting and the prong. Just glad I found a jeweler to fix it. Now I am completely statisfied and love it so much.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I was just reading some of your older threads, and I know you have some plans in the future to put some pavé into the prongs. You were going to think about it I believe.

I have to say - and I apologise if I'm giving an opinion where it's not required - that I think this setting is PERFECT as it is! It's stunning and the plain prongs really bring attention to the central diamond. I think it's gorgeous. I have seen some of the pictures you posted with pavé on the prongs as well, and of course that's pretty - but I think this is prettier.

I will happily eat my words if you go ahead! Just wanted to share - you'll of course do what's right for you. :kiss2:

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I was just reading some of your older threads, and I know you have some plans in the future to put some pavé into the prongs. You were going to think about it I believe.

I have to say - and I apologise if I'm giving an opinion where it's not required - that I think this setting is PERFECT as it is! It's stunning and the plain prongs really bring attention to the central diamond. I think it's gorgeous. I have seen some of the pictures you posted with pavé on the prongs as well, and of course that's pretty - but I think this is prettier.

I will happily eat my words if you go ahead! Just wanted to share - you'll of course do what's right for you. :kiss2:

Hi Lykame, I don’t mind your input at all. I was actually thinking about this issue today. I do think if I do put the paves, it might overkill and look too gaudy. And I do feel that without the paves on the prong, it gives a good contrast with the center diamond. I feel it’s pretty as it is and maybe I should not mess with it anymore.

Maybe I will leave it as it is. I think it is meant to be. The jeweler in Hong Kong told me they have to put the center stone before they can put the paves, but My stone was not at HK, so they gave me this version. When I do go back I have to leave the ring with the jeweler for a week to put the paves in. I am not comfortable with that as well.

My mother on the other hand likes her bling and she keeps telling me it will look better with paves, she is also telling me she likes my setting more than her own and being jealous now. Lol

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Lykame, I don’t mind your input at all. I was actually thinking about this issue today. I do think if I do put the paves, it might overkill and look too gaudy. And I do feel that without the paves on the prong, it gives a good contrast with the center diamond. I feel it’s pretty as it is and maybe I should not mess with it anymore.

Maybe I will leave it as it is. I think it is meant to be. The jeweler in Hong Kong told me they have to put the center stone before they can put the paves, but My stone was not at HK, so they gave me this version. When I do go back I have to leave the ring with the jeweler for a week to put the paves in. I am not comfortable with that as well.

My mother on the other hand likes her bling and she keeps telling me it will look better with paves, she is also telling me she likes my setting more than her own and being jealous now. Lol

Aaah, the difficulty of balancing our own wants with the wants of our mums. I know this situation too well - if my mum approves of something then I am immediately much more happy about it - if my mum doesn't, I'm much more likely to change my opinion or doubt it. Difficult one.

In this matter I think you should really stick with your own opinion. I think without pavé looks very sophisticated and you are correct in thinking there are risks with adding pavé. At least give it a decent period of time to see what you think. =)2

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooooh what a fireball! love it.. love the setting!! congratulations!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond, ring and great pictures. Congratulations.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful and your pictures are fabulous! I too would leave the setting as it is now - enjoy your new ring!

cottoncandy

Rough_Rock
Oh the arrows look glorious in backlight! Love your ring so much.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I also got some pictures when I am inside my car. It turn completely dark when there are too much sun. I heard some people say ideal diamonds will do that.
But when I more my hand a little, if it’s at the right angle, it shows fire.

Not in direct sun light inside car
F072DDB0-8626-4114-855C-E20DDDBBA30C.jpeg

In direct sun light and turned dark
8F4D850B-83EA-493C-AC3F-95872C9087DC.jpeg

Look at the fire when I move it to the right angle
622378D9-7D30-49C9-8FF6-941E267CB582.jpeg

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
In their certificate, it said the diamond fluorescence is negligible, but when I am outdoor directly under sunlight, it seem I can see a little blue in it. I had seen other pser said their AGS negligible fluorescence diamond turn blue as well. Anyone see what I am seeing? Or it is normal to look this way? Not that I mind it, it is actually a plus point for me.

@sledge Hi, what it you that have the diamond showing fluorescence when it said it is negligible?

0E31B49D-0B35-4E71-8F9A-97D280ADC5FB.jpeg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In their certificate, it said the diamond fluorescence is negligible, but when I am outdoor directly under sunlight, it seem I can see a little blue in it. I had seen other pser said their AGS negligible fluorescence diamond turn blue as well. Anyone see what I am seeing? Or it is normal to look this way? Not that I mind it, it is actually a plus point for me.
Yes, but it could be fluor or reflection of the blue sky above?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results