shape
carat
color
clarity

My two!

Jennifee

Shiny_Rock
So I posted my new ring in the eye candy file but I guess I'll make a post here too!

My original is a 2.22 OEC K, 8.24mm, VVS2, VG, G, VG, Faint. So this is the diamond I pretty much just randomly chose at a jeweler we lived next to in La Jolla, CA. Yes I picked out my own engagement ring and I wouldn't have had it any other way! Total cost for the diamond and the setting was $16,500. I have no clue if we got ripped off or got a great deal. haha.

My new ring was more of a project that I started in summer last year. This time I decided to really educate myself and find resources to help (read: all you PSers!). At first I was just thinking of going up to a 3ct but decided that I wanted more of a difference. I had also seen Bliss's 4ct ring on here and fell in love. After trying to work with JA and not finding anything I liked I decided to call IDJ which for me at the time was pretty much across the country! And unfortunately with two little ones hopping on a plane that summer wasn't really an option. So working with Joey from a distance she sourced the perfect diamond for me and hit the top priorities on my list within my means. She was really wonderful and super patient with me! I had really gone back and forth about the setting. It turned out to be quite a challenge for me until one day Joey sent me a few pictures of my diamond in different metals so I could figure out if I wanted rose gold or plat. And there it was! A beautiful Jeff Cooper design! I am so happy I decided to go with something with a little sparkle on the sides!

IMG_20170206_093214653_HDR.jpg

Jennifee

Shiny_Rock
Its funny I really think in some light my K looks so white!

IMG_20170206_093340955_HDR (1).jpg

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! And the thin band really makes the size contrast between the two spectacular :love:

P

PierreBear

Wonderful! More pictures please! Do you trade off wearing the rings and do you plan on stacking them? :appl:

Jennifee

Shiny_Rock
Wonderful! More pictures please! Do you trade off wearing the rings and do you plan on stacking them? :appl:

I don't think I will stack them but I definitely trade off wearing them. My smaller ring w/band is probably what I wear most days because its just more practical since I have two little ones and am still changing diapers:-o. I'll add more pics but I am a terrible photographer!

Jennifee

Shiny_Rock
Some more!

IMG_20170107_124155357.jpg

IMG_20161005_182639398_HDR (1).jpg

IMG_20160915_095955295 (2).jpg

Jennifee

Shiny_Rock
I would have to say my daughter likes my old set better but she really likes this one too.

IMG_20170116_192700110.jpg

Jennifee

Shiny_Rock
Old set. This was a few years ago. I told you I was a terrible photographer! Although I think maybe I was trying to just pictures my nails...

IMG_20160112_213921181.jpg

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! Beautiful rings Jennifee, I love the profile pic! :love: Wear them in good health.

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ooooooh, the picture at the sunny beach! I hope you had your sunglasses on--so sparkly! :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, not one, but two beautiful rings! Your new Jeff Cooper ring is gorgeous! So beautiful and
talk about finger coverage! Love your first ring too...looks like you did quite well for not really
educating yourself...enjoy them both!!!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yummy yummy!!:love::love::love: Both of your rings are absolute stunners and I love the beach pics!! I remember when I got to play with your 4ct stone while I was picking up my upgrade...needless to say, I got DSS right away :lol::cry: hahahaha

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
P E R F E C T I O N!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings are gorgeous! :love: Like you, I prefer higher color in a modern round and can handle a little lower in antique stones!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow!!!! What in incredible diamond and ring!!!! I also really like your original e-ring :) I agree that I can handle some color in the antique cuts too, I even think they can look amazing with warmth... but modern cuts I prefer whiter. You have the best of both worlds lol. Such incredible rings! Your new diamond is seriously like a big blazing star

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulation on your new beauty! Wear it in good health!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rings - thanks for sharing your pics and videos!!

Jennifee

Shiny_Rock
Wow!! Beautiful rings Jennifee, I love the profile pic! :love: Wear them in good health.
Thank you! Your PF pic is ammmaazing too!!!

Jennifee

Shiny_Rock
Yummy yummy!!:love::love::love: Both of your rings are absolute stunners and I love the beach pics!! I remember when I got to play with your 4ct stone while I was picking up my upgrade...needless to say, I got DSS right away :lol::cry: hahahaha

Hahaha! Glad you got to see it IRL! Thats the problem with diamonds theres always something more:lol:

Jennifee

Shiny_Rock
I just realized, that I already marked this video on IG, because I liked it so much. Your ring is a Beauty! Congratulations!
Aww! That makes me so happy to hear! I really was at first wanting a Tiffany style solitaire but I really thought I would miss having a little sparkle on the sides. Glad you like it!

Jennifee

Shiny_Rock
Your rings are gorgeous! :love: Like you, I prefer higher color in a modern round and can handle a little lower in antique stones!

Yes exactly! At first I was looking at some I colored ones but I just felt like I wanted it to be brighter and as I told Joey I really want my ring to look fantastic at Target and the grocery store.....haha!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, beautiful! Two great rings - both different enough so that you have reason to keep and wear them both, I'd think. That four-carat is HUGE! I really like the profile of that setting too.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Jennifee, I can't believe you waited 6 months to start this thread! The ring is beyond gorgeous! I LOVE the side profile of that setting!:love::love::love: Can you provide more details on the stone? And ring size please?!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!:love::love:

Jennifee

Shiny_Rock
Jennifee, I can't believe you waited 6 months to start this thread! The ring is beyond gorgeous! I LOVE the side profile of that setting!:love::love::love: Can you provide more details on the stone? And ring size please?!

Thank you! The ring is a size 4 however its a little big and sort of flops around a bit, but I wanted it that way because my hands swell a lot during summer and when I travel. Here is the GIA report!

Attachments

• 1159439298 (3).pdf
    702 KB · Views: 64

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love both your new MRB upgrade and your old OEC!:love: It's always great to have 2 options to wear! Enjoy both for many years to come!:wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results