shape
carat
color
clarity

My two antique wedding bands.. (cool ebay find!)

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
Hi all!

I have been looking for a while for an antique wedding band.. the older the better. Love the milgrain, etchings, style, and history of antique jewelry, but wanted this as an "alternative" wedding band (for sleeping, working with hands, etc.) so no diamonds this time around. I didn't want to worry about them falling out. Last night I was playing around on ebay, when I should have been working (shh). I found a ridiculous deal on two amazing antique bands. I couldn't pass them up.

They are both 10k solid, unplated, YG floral antique estate bands, supposedly from the late 1800's, possibly very early 1900's. The second one has the initials "H.V. to B.R.K." etched on the inside. I just love it, however, that one's going to be too big for my ring finger, so I haven't decided what I'm going to do about that yet, since sizing would compromise the integrity of the ring.

Anyway, without further adieu...

k9539.jpg

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
Woops.. didn''t realize that one had a logo on it. Will contact the admins about that. Here it is again without the logo...

phpJQOCv4PM.jpg

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
again..

phpO2Dtm8PM.jpg

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
and again..

phpjgeuFbPM.jpg

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
Woops.. didn''t realize that one had a logo on it. Will contact the admins about that. Here it is again without the logo...

phpsGxJWtPM.jpg

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
Okie here''s the next one..

k9537a.jpg

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
inside..

k9537b.jpg

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
initials...

k9537c.jpg

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
Okie dokie, I think that's it. :) Sorry that I haven't quite mastered the art of posting photos on here. hehe
9.gif

jenbuggy85

Rough_Rock
So beautiful! I can''t wait for you to get them so we can see some hand shots :)

Congrats too you!!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Very nice!! Love the detail on them!! Can''t wait to see real pictures when you get them!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty rings.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Jess, Those are beautiful! Love the sentiment.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful bands!

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
totally love the first one!!

(the second is stunning too - but the first one really catches my eye)

great finds!!

9.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
What color? What metal? What size?

I''d love to look for you! I''m a vintage jewelry junkie!!!!

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, ladies
9.gif
I am so excited to get them.. just waiting on them to ship!

and Uppy
35.gif
! I LOVE finding other people who appreciate antique jewelry as much as I do. Most of my friends just don''t get the appeal. I''m obsessed with the history behind the jewelry. I mean, you never know who it could have belonged to. That''s why I love the inscriptions so much.

I was initially looking for white gold in a size 5 (my ring finger).. found both of these and couldn''t pass them up. The first one is my size, but the second one is a 6.5. They are both 10k solid. I''m working on a poor artist''s salary right now, but eventually I''m hoping to find a platinum or white gold in possibly a floral pattern or any antique size 5. I''d love to see if you guys find anything too!

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
Ladies, a bit of sad news. I received the rings.. they are beautiful. I love them both. Unfortunately, my DH got ran off the road by a drunk driver a few days ago. The guy drove off and left my husband and our car in the ditch. Hubby was fine, just a little shaken up.

Instead of filing a report and having our insurance go way up, we have decided to pay for the damage ourselves, since it''s minor damage and will be more beneficial this way in the long run. I am now being forced to sell a few things to pay for the repairs. The rings are among the things I am having to let go of.

Sad times, but that''s life I guess.
8.gif
8.gif
8.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to her about your situation. But so glad that DH is okay. Hope everything works out with the rings.

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
Thank you swingirl. I really appreciate that.

jewellk

Rough_Rock
Oh my goodness ArtistJess! That's terrible but so glad your DH is ok! Did they catch the drunk driver? Sorry you're having to let go of some things, that's gotta be hard. If it's any consolation, you apparently have exquisite taste so you'll likely be able to sell them quickly. The bands are beautiful and I love the one in your avatar! I've never seen a pearl eternity band, is that what it is?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results