shape
carat
color
clarity

My star sapphire reset is finally done!

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
This ring has been almost two years in the making! My sapphire has been hanging out with my jeweler since September and I’ve missed her so! Prepare to be photobombed...! I made the mistake of wearing a bright yellow shirt for round one of the pics I took and the diamonds picked it up (doh!). I’m working on my photo skills but being able to photograph the star well aaaand have everything in focus is eluding me! The sapphire is about 6.7cts and is now set in 18k white gold with single cut diamonds. Original thread here:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cad-help-please-thoughts.243731/
Here she is...
A43E58B0-7DB7-48A3-A447-4FA291CCEEAC.jpeg 88617800-7500-48E0-B565-0FE75CED6562.jpeg B555EB9E-DD7D-4EA0-8CDE-38048B256BE4.jpeg 03C0A5EF-0783-48E0-A6EB-C62B5AF5F506.jpeg F05DD756-6611-4A5A-8941-309EB25BD61B.jpeg 0D9350DB-3FBF-4416-8819-5944E71BDED7.jpeg 1AA5B954-CBC7-41C4-A236-2027450F28B3.jpeg

Attachments

• C2139CD8-10FE-4BF7-BC49-51CDE0BCD13D.jpeg
    C2139CD8-10FE-4BF7-BC49-51CDE0BCD13D.jpeg
    149.5 KB · Views: 21

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your star sapphire ring @Keeliamira. It's stunning. That color is gorgeous and the setting suits the stone perfectly. Elegant and ethereal. Looks so beautiful on your hand.:love: Wear in health and happiness!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Love it!! It’s so pretty. Such a soothing color :kiss2:

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
A classic, so beautiful. Wear with pride.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! Congratulations!! It’s gorgeous and so stunning! LOVE :razz:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Well worth the wait and thoughtful work you put into it.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it's beautiful!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Magnificent!:love::love::love:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
It's luxurious and relaxing! Wear with joy and health.

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much for the ring love! @missy @Bluegemz @telate @stracci2000 @icy_jade @caolsen @whitewave @Rfisher @strawrose @apacherose @bling_dream19 <3

It’s not exactly how I thought it would turn out from the CADs, but this was my first go around with designing so I definitely learned a lot! I like the setting a lot, but I’m not over the moon for it the way I thought I’d be. I will love and enjoy wearing it and likely reset it again (while dh rolls his eyes)!

@Keeliamira I'm sorry it didn't turn out exactly how you wanted it but glad you are still going to enjoy and love wearing it. It's really beautiful. I think you did an amazing custom job.

Can you tell us what it is you aren't over the moon in love with how it is vs how you wanted it to be?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty! I really like the color of the stone!

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
Thanks @arkieb1 and @MakingTheGrade!

@missy I envisioned larger stones in the halo to give it a chunkier look. Also, I didn’t want the prongs on the halo to stick out, for lack of a better description. Each stone has one prong in the outside which,imho, makes it look “pokey”. I would have preferred arranging the prongs so they weren’t tot he extreme outside edge of the diamonds. That’s my fault though because I said as much verbally to my jeweler but I should have recognized it in the CADs and didn’t. I also think the sapphire is set a bit high and would have liked to see it lower in the halo by a bit. That was not apparent in the CADs at all. All little things really. But again, which of us pricescopers aren’t ridiculously picky, right? It is a lovely ring and I’ll enjoy it until I come up with something better, lol. IKWYM about antique jewelry. I feel exactly the same. The settings on antique pieces make my heart sing!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
BEA-U-TI-MOUS!
Love love the little scroll type work on the sides!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Knock your socks off gorgeous!

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks @arkieb1 and @MakingTheGrade!

@missy I envisioned larger stones in the halo to give it a chunkier look. Also, I didn’t want the prongs on the halo to stick out, for lack of a better description. Each stone has one prong in the outside which,imho, makes it look “pokey”. I would have preferred arranging the prongs so they weren’t tot he extreme outside edge of the diamonds. That’s my fault though because I said as much verbally to my jeweler but I should have recognized it in the CADs and didn’t. I also think the sapphire is set a bit high and would have liked to see it lower in the halo by a bit. That was not apparent in the CADs at all. All little things really. But again, which of us pricescopers aren’t ridiculously picky, right? It is a lovely ring and I’ll enjoy it until I come up with something better, lol. IKWYM about antique jewelry. I feel exactly the same. The settings on antique pieces make my heart sing!

The outside prong on each melee would help secure them. For sure the scalloped look of seeing only the rounded edge of each melee would be gorgeous but when I had that kind of Hali, my stones kept getting loose, and I even lost one!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Keeliamira, your ring is gorgeous!!! :love: I adore the setting and the sapphire is just a joy to look at, such an amazing color. It looks fabulous on your hand and I hope you are enjoying it!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Keeliamira Your star star sapphire’s color is so gorgeous! The setting is perfect! I love it!

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
The outside prong on each melee would help secure them. For sure the scalloped look of seeing only the rounded edge of each melee would be gorgeous but when I had that kind of Hali, my stones kept getting loose, and I even lost one!!
That’s a really good point. Thank you!

@Keeliamira, your ring is gorgeous!!! :love: I adore the setting and the sapphire is just a joy to look at, such an amazing color. It looks fabulous on your hand and I hope you are enjoying it!

@Keeliamira Your star star sapphire’s color is so gorgeous! The setting is perfect! I love it!

Thank you so much @Mamabean and @junebug17! I have to say, I am quite in love with the color of my little star. It’s almost always some version of a moderate lavender blue that just makes me happy!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is beautiful! I love the color of the sapphire!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it's gorgeous!! I love the color of the sapphire. :love::love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results