shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My Spectacular New Steven Kirsch "LUX" Halo Ring! Photo Overload!!!

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here's the back story:
First of all, want to thank the Pricescope community for all of the helpful tips and for leading me to the phenomenal artist/fine craftsman who would make me this spectacular, elegant ring, Steven Kirsch! If not for Pricescope, I would not have known about Steven nor would I have seen his magnificent work! Having the opportunity to meet Steven and to work with him was nothing short of amazing. He is patient, knowledgeable and super-creative!
I had seen a posting on SMTB about a gorgeous ring that Steven created which the poster called the "GLACIER RING"-a halo with a split shank done with a magnificent asscher diamond! It's also on Steven's website as "the LUX". I discussed a few other options with Steven for what to do with my stone but when he said that he could make the "Glacier Ring" for my pear shaped stone, that was it!!! I was completely confident that he would present me with a ring that would make my heart sing...and he did!
It was worth every minute of waiting for this beautiful ring to be ready to put on my hand! My fiancé and I are beyond thrilled and happy that we made the decision to have the ring made by Steven! We picked it up from Steven's office just a few days ago and I have no words to describe how happy I am with my ring!!! I will let the photos do the talking!
I'll start with the "work in progress" and then on to the "glamour shots"!

IMG_8519.PNG

IMG_8520.jpg

IMG_8931.JPG

IMG_8934.JPG

IMG_8937.JPG

IMG_8938.JPG

IMG_8939.JPG

IMG_8950.JPG

IMG_8953.JPG

IMG_8956.JPG

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blingtastic!

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm just in awe of Steven Kirsch's skill and workmanship! His work is impeccable! All the metal is covered with melee from every angle, even inside the split, on all three sides of the shank, on all sides of the stems and around the doughnut!

IMG_8957.JPG

IMG_9054.JPG

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, gorgeous ring, and I loved seeing the work in progress!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow @Blingalingaling this is truly BLINGALICIOUS!!! :lickout::love: What a stunner and it looks gorgeous on your!!! :clap:

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unreal. That ring is blinding!! Nice job!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW...major blingasm!!! :love::love: Enjoy every moment with that lovely. Steven's pieces are to die for.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is quite spectacular!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is gorgeous!! A piece of art for your finger. Beautiful choice.

diamond5678

Rough_Rock
i'm so happy the ring inspired you!! your pear is beautiful! isn't it incredible how Steven placed diamonds in places you didn't even imagine he could? i was in awe peering all the way into the donut and seeing those sparkles flashing back :love:
xoxo

Last edited:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! Tell us about your pear...size, color etc...it's really dreamy!

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Ariadne_Theia, Austina, Alex T, Tophat1, ac117, ringo865, njblinger, LLJsmom, poshmommy, alene, Acinom and diamondseeker2006 for your kind words and enthusiasm! I've admired all of your beautiful jewels for several years, now, and followed so many of your stories! This is such a wonderful community!!!

diamond5678 - So nice to hear from you! Your ring is gorgeous-and your fiancé's story was so compelling! Have you gotten married yet? Yes, I was very taken by the beauty of your stone and the magnificent ring Steven made for you! I love that all the metal is covered in melee so that the entire ring just glows! It looks so beautiful on your hand! I was inspired by that and so happy to have a similar ring, in the pear shape! I love it and I'm over the moon! I wish you many years of happiness!!!

tyty333 - Hi! Thank you for the sweet compliment about my stone! Here are my pear's specs and a photo of my stone in its temporary setting before it went off to SK!

GIA Pear Brilliant
3.40 carats
D SI2 (it's eyeclean)
13.01 x 8.75 x 4.93

I apologize for the large pics! It's so hard to take good photos of your own hand-and I took them all with my IPhone without a macro lens!!
The ring is definitely finer-looking IRL, but I wanted to show the detail of the work that Steven did! Someday when I get a good shot of it on my hand for true life perspective, I will post that!

IMG_9128.JPG

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
I am not a solitaire type of girl, but WOAH! This spoke so loudly to me. Great design, wonderful outcome, it looks AMAZING on your hand! Now I'm like :think:.... How can I be a REALLY good girl so my DH will give me a ring like that?

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, FefeV and Boubafris!

If anyone would like to see a video of the new ring, it's on Steven Kirsch's Instagram!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! really it is a work of art!

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Congrats! Steven really is a sweet and patient man! Enjoy your beauty.

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Tekate and Loreal!!!
Steven Kirsch is very patient, soft-spoken and kind. I had complete confidence in Steven! I'd read so much about him on PS and viewed all the beautiful jewelry he has made for other people over the last few years. I had been to see Victor Canera when I was in LA a few months back and was very impressed with his work, but when I saw Steven's work in person, his designs and workmanship really spoke to me! I felt an immediate connection and knew that I could trust Steven to make me the ring of my dreams and he has!

Some of you might remember that my stone was a trade-in, so I had to choose from a limited selection that my original jeweler sourced for me. It's VERY hard to convey to someone who doesn't have what I'll call the "Pricescope esthetic" for what constitutes a desirable stone! My jeweler simply could not provide me with anything that had chunky, well-cut facets! I tried to buy a "well-cut I, J or K". But every J or K he brought in for me just looked yellow and lifeless! Even my I-color emerald, I felt, fell short. He didn't know what I meant when I said that if a stone was well-cut, it would override the color.

My new stone has the closest attributes in that it is sparkly, bright white and throws off tons of color, without a bow-tie. And now that I've had Steven Kirsch make this gorgeous "Lux" for me, I'm as happy as I can be!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, it is STUNNING!! I love everything about it.....the stone............the setting.........sheer perfection. Congratulations!

OECrystal

Shiny_Rock
I saw a short video of your ring on SK's instagram and I was hoping it was the ring of a pricescoper so I could see more! So glad you shared it with us!!! :appl: It is STUNNING!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results