shape
carat
color
clarity

my sapphire has found a home

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
Some of you may remember when I was trying to figure out how to set my emerald-cut bi-color sapphire, which had been sitting alone in my desk drawer for over a year. After grappling with way too many setting options (you can see a few of them in an old post of mine: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/sapphire-rhr-to-melee-or-not-to-melee-that-is-the-question.54336/) yet still feeling unsure, I finally decided to go with a basic, no-frills band look. Now that I have the finished ring on my hand, I''m very happy with my decision!

Now, without further ado, here come the pictures.

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
Closeup picture, from the top.

bicolorRingCloseup_sbell.jpg

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
1.gif

bicolorRingSide_sbell.jpg

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
The requisite flower shot.
5.gif
From this angle, the lighter color "streak" in the sapphire shows up a darker yellow.

ringWithFlower_sbell.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
Just beautiful!!! (I''m such a sucker for EC sapphires..) Congratulations!

widget

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful home for your gorgeous sapphire. I really love the setting you chose, it''s lovely!!!
30.gif

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
Excuse the awful-looking hand, just focus on the lovely ring...
9.gif

ringHandShot_sbell.jpg

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
In all of my pictures, the sapphire appears to have a large window in the middle, when there''s no windowing at all. (The first two close-up photos I posted were taken by Michael E. who did a wonderful job setting my ring.)

ringHandCloseup_sbell.jpg

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
Final picture... I love the way the setting allows a clear view of the stone from the side.

ringSideview_sbell.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
beautiful

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is gorgeous. I never saw a bi-color saphhire like that before. LOVE the color.

Linda

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooo cool, I love it! It''s gorgeous and looks great on your hand! Congrats on finding your dream setting, wear it in good health!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It turned out great!!! I really love the step cut in the stone, it''s really a beautiful stone. The setting is lovely as well, I love that you can view the pavillion.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
kicken

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the setting, and the step cut really shows off the color in the stone!

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
That setting is so perfect for that gorgeous stone. It really showcases the beauty of the sapphire!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it! And the color on that stone...simply breathtaking.

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
I usually prefer the more traditional settings, but I absolutely love what you''ve done with this sapphire! Congrats on such a gorgeous ring!

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
Gosh, it's so nice to be able to share my excitement with people who can totally understand! I appreciate the kind words from all of you!
35.gif
My goal was to choose a setting that would show off the uniqueness of the center stone, and I think I did pretty well, if I do say so myself!
2.gif

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/20/2007 5:26:03 PM
Author: sarahthewarrior
I usually prefer the more traditional settings, but I absolutely love what you've done with this sapphire! Congrats on such a gorgeous ring!
Sarah, funny you should mention that! At first I didn't seriously consider any setting that's "too modern" for me. But when I looked at the sapphire more and more, the color patterns somehow reminded me of impressionist paintings. So I thought, why not try something a bit non-traditional?
1.gif

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
I love your new ring! The setting is perfect for that stone. I love all your jewelry - your ruby ring is beautiful, too -
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like that setting. Nice job!
36.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone and a great choice for a ring. I love that look. Well done. Enjoy wearing the ring.
36.gif

jhcollect

Rough_Rock
Simple and yet elegant ring. congratulations.

From which country does that sapphire came from?

NBCZero

Rough_Rock
What a beautiful ring! I love the color of your sapphire and the setting is perfect for it.

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to everyone who posted comments since my last post! I appreciate them very much!

I'm enjoying the ring a lot. Any doubt that I had over whether I had picked the right setting is all gone now! I'll need to send the ring off to have it sized slightly larger, but I keep delaying it because I can't bear to part with it just yet.
25.gif

Date: 4/22/2007 7:16:18 AM
Author: tulip928
I love your new ring! The setting is perfect for that stone. I love all your jewelry - your ruby ring is beautiful, too -
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Tulip, that's so sweet of you to say!! You've made me feel great about my humble "collection."
16.gif
I still love the ruby ring, and it had been my main right-hand ring for the last couple of years. Now it's having to compete for my attention a little bit next to the sapphire ring.
2.gif

Date: 4/25/2007 7:34:59 AM
Author: jhcollect
Simple and yet elegant ring. congratulations.

From which country does that sapphire came from?
Thank you, jh! According to Daniel Stair who cut the stone, the sapphire came from Tanzania.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very modern and clean!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results