shape
carat
color
clarity

My sapphire and diamond halo right hand ring

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
This is the ring I usually wear on my right hand. It's a 4.05ct Ceylonese sapphire set in white gold. Mr Kitty had the ring made for me for Christmas three years ago. The setting was designed in consultation with my jeweller - I gave him some direction and an example of what I liked and he came up with the design. He hand forges everything and I have been super impressed with his quality and attention to detail.

The details:

4.05ct Ceylonese sapphire, measuring 10 x 8mm (it's quite deeply cut). The colour has been described as medium royal blue, but I also get purple flashes in the right light which I love
10 x 0.08ct brilliant cut diamonds, F/VVS1-2
4 x 0.15ct pear shaped diamonds, F/VVS1-2
18ct White gold

Enjoy!

Check out the gallery!

_5667.jpg

_5668.jpg

_5669.jpg

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Dang that is huge! I love sapphires - so pretty!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Jax! It's really substantial on my finger which I love. Halos do wonders! And in this case, I think it enhances the sparkliness of the sapphire :)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Really cool setting, misskitty! I like how the corners look like kitty ears! :appl:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
how fun! :appl: :appl:

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Enerchi and Niel!

I have never thought of it having kitty ears but now I see it! I LOVE THAT!!

I was actually going for more floral ;-)

himni

Shiny_Rock
This ring is just so pretty! I love sapphires they are my birth stone.

stci

Ideal_Rock
Amazing sapphire! Love this ring so much! :love: :love: :love:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very unusual! Love the gallery - pretty :love:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Very cool! I really like the curvy cathedral shoulders too. Your jeweler does great work!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love sapphires in a white diamond halo! Your setting is really cool and I like the "kitty ears." :lol:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE it!!!! Can you share who your jeweler is? That's a spectacular ring!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
What a spectacular setting, putting those pears at the corners really gives the halo a unique shape! Great size sapphire, I'm sure it turns heads. Love it!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring and now that the kitty ears have been pointed out it's even more unique and lovely! :love:
I really love the setting! :appl:

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it's stunning - and REALLY unique! :love: :love: :love:

That's a helluva sapphire you've got there!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! Very sweet of you all to comment!

mowtownmama - he is a manufacturing jeweller here in Sydney, Australia. He makes all my jewellery for me because I am a supreme fusspot and balk at the idea of paying retail for jewels ;-) He made my engagement ring and wedding ring, two pairs of earrings and another pair of earrings he is working on at the moment which kind of match this ring.

His name is Dana Ball and if anyone is looking for a good jeweller in Sydney, I would highly recommend him. I think his prices are reasonable for custom work (although you have to take into consideration this is Australia we are talking about and prices - for everything - are higher ;-) ). Happy to share his phone number if anyone is interested.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
woofmama|1366559594|3431637 said:
What a spectacular setting, putting those pears at the corners really gives the halo a unique shape! Great size sapphire, I'm sure it turns heads. Love it!

That's what I wanted woofmama - I didn't just want a regular halo. I ordered this ring about 3 weeks before Kate Middleton got engaged to Prince William and boy was I glad I got something a little different! I haven't had one comment about me being a copycat, even though we got our rings at roughly the same time.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results