shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My Romantic Rose Gold Wedding Set

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Like so many of the twists and surprises in my life with my husband, this wedding set came into being a little bit backwards and with rather odd timing… and in the end I couldn’t be happier. Looking at it makes me smile and laugh to myself a bit- some elements are me, some my husband, and the rest are just as fate would have it; altogether I am just so delighted at how the set came together as a whole. I am grateful and feel so dang lucky! I love this set on many levels and for me it is just so special and meaningful.

Many thanks to Good Old Gold- David was endlessly patient and sooo accommodating to my (changing) requests and questions. He really has a great eye and tried on my rings for me and got out the microscope on the spot when I had a question about a diamond… and GOG didn’t even sell me the settings but they nonetheless bent over backwards to be accommodating. Darren really went above and beyond for me, as well. The star of the show is a 1.23 G AVC- http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/11497/ gah- I love it!
The setting and band are VanCraeynest… not made together as a set but they are perfect for me. The setting is the 817 18K rose gold and was purchased new but was ‘older’ – it has the pre-Emerson and Farrar head. Not as sexy as the newer ones but I am thrilled nonetheless. The band is the 812 18K rose gold, and was also older stock but not the same ‘batch’ of gold as the setting, they don’t match and the band is definitely rosier. The band was also antiqued, which I didn’t know when I bought it, but the jeweler at GOG took it off to go with the setting and it came out beautifully.

I’d be remiss to not thank the community at Pricescope, thank you.

In my giddy over my rings I took a gazillion photos... also trying to figure out how to get the image I was looking for I ended up trying all these things. I need some better skills or maybe a macro lens. Hope it is not too self-indulgent to post all these. Oh- the rings are a size 6.5.

dsc_5065_edited-1.jpg

dsc_5069_edited-1.jpg

dsc_5038.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have a gorgeous rosy set! It looks so dreamy together. Van Craeynest creates such beautiful jewelry.
The other two bands are stunning as well. You can definitely wear the trinity-like combination.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom|1410685636|3750733 said:
You have a gorgeous rosy set! It looks so dreamy together. Van Craeynest creates such beautiful jewelry.
The other two bands are stunning as well. You can definitely wear the trinity-like combination.

Yay- thanks- I like it but didn't know if it was too far out there.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
All your rings are gorgeous :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous. :love: I love all your rings and the rose gold is beautiful. Congratulations on your new rings and wear in health and happiness. :appl:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!!!! I think they turned out beautifully :clap: :clap: :clap:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I love your set, it is stunning! :love:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Rose gold is so classic and elegant. The AVC and VC combo is amazingly gorgeous, a real heirloom.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much, thecat, lknvrb4 , and missy- the kind words are appreciated.

Arkieb, thank you so much for taking the time to follow this journey and check in. You have been super kind to me.

Mochiko- thanks- we were going for heirloom! We have five children (three girls) and hoping to have something to hand down to them.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW - I love your set! I love how each of the bands are so different but they all flow together beautifully - and they do look so lovely as the faux Cartier trinity!! Clever you :wink2:

Your AVC is a gorgeous stone - beautiful!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can see why you are thrilled, your rings are gorgeous! :love:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So much beauty in these pieces, and in the different ways you can wear them. Just gorgeous!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love:

Absolutely gorgeous! The set truly looks amazing on your hand, the rose gold looks beautiful against your skin tone! You must be so thrilled, I'm very happy for you! :dance: Your AVC and VanC are the perfect combination!

And yes, I think your bands look beautiful together and you can definitely wear them like that!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
apacherose said:
Thank you so much, thecat, lknvrb4 , and missy- the kind words are appreciated.

Arkieb, thank you so much for taking the time to follow this journey and check in. You have been super kind to me.

Mochiko- thanks- we were going for heirloom! We have five children (three girls) and hoping to have something to hand down to them.

Three girls, huh? Better get started on two other erings or RHR so they don't fight over the AVC after the kids grow up, :razz::razz::D:D congratulations again, what a beautiful set.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such a special set! I LOVE the different shades of gold and having so many options. This is how to do a solitaire! Your set is going down as one of my all time favorites!

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful set! :love: VC and an AVC are a phenomenal combination, and I love the mismatched metals.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apacherose, your set is gorgeous! The rose gold is beautiful on you!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful set :love:

Rose gold has such a richness and looks great on you.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could never get tired of looking at this thread. Your diamond and rings are gorgeous! The rose gold compliments you skin tone beautifully. No wonder your giddy.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful rings and beautiful diamond! I love your bands! They look amazing stacked together or individually. Thanks for sharing :D

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a unique and lovely set!! The rose gold setting just GOES with that diamond! I love the organic/natural feel and combining the metals totally works. Enjoy these fabulous pieces!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous set that really highlights your beautiful AVC!!

Cachette :)

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow!! Your rings are splendid!!! :love: Love the old cut stone and the rose gold combo.. and the coordinating bands to boot.
FABULOUS!!!!! :appl:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely lovely! So feminine and unique...LOVE it! :appl:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
I was looking forward to sharing my rings with this community, but can I just say I had no idea just how much, how nice of all of you it was to reply with these kind words and comments.

Enerchi- eee- thanks so much! I especially appreciate the comment about them 'flowing together'- I had misgivings about whether they did at all or if I just had eccentric taste.

Kathley.... thank you so much... your ring is TDF.

Thank you JoCoJenn :)

Junebug... thankyou!!!! all these warm comments are so nice.

Haha Mochiko! We're working on it, lol. Thank you again :)

Asscherhalo_lover.... what an amaaazing compliment! Just, wow, thank you so much.

Thankyou, Evangeline. I like your mismatched metals, too.

luv2sparkle- thank you so much :)

cflutist - thanks so much for saying!

Calliecake- thank you! I'm happy with the RG- I think this more 'yellowy' RG does better on me with my olive-y skin than a pinker RG would.

CRYSTAL24K- thank you! I appreciate the band bolster- after all this amazing feedback I'm just going to wear them however I feel like that day.

KristyDarling - thanks so much for the really nice words. I feel like my diamond likes her rose gold, too, she's just happy there.

Cachette... thank you so much for commenting! Your AVC is one of my very very very favorites and especially your video was a major enabler for us. It's on my 'favorites' list on my computer and my husband would frequently catch me watching it and he'd end up watching, too, and was so wowed as well. At least a hundred of the youtube views are me, I confess. It is just a beauty. And so lively!

Rubies-R-Me - thank you so much for the really nice words!!!

Bonfire- thank you! It is a pretty girly/feminine set, lol, I'm happy I am enjoying that aspect of it.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its so pretty!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, absolutely gorgeous set! I love it in rose gold. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results