shape
carat
color
clarity

My ring - thanks Pricescope!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

driveblind

Rough_Rock
I just wanted to post something here to thank this forum for all of your help in educating me about my big engagement ring purchase.

I proposed when we were on vacation snowboarding/skiing in Colorado in March. I asked her after a wonderful St. Patrick's Day dinner. She loves Ireland and that's one of her favorite holidays, so I thought I'd make it one that she certainly won't forget!

Unfortunately, I don't have a great close-up shot of the ring, but this pic shows it pretty well. I ended up going with an A Cut Above H&A from Whiteflash. Jamie there was extremely helpful and helped my transaction go quickly and easily. I already knew exactly what I wanted by the time that I called, and it was great to get a Pricescope discount from them! I couldn't find any settings that I liked online (I was looking for something very specific), but luckily I found this setting locally at Alpha Omega. It's made by Christopher Designs and is small and simple, but it still has 18 small diamonds channel-set in the band. I had it changed from 4-prong to 6-prong because I think that looks much better on a Round Brilliant. Most importantly, She loves it. The saleslady there was very helpful, but it did feel like her tone changed a bit when I told her that I had decided just to buy the setting and not the stone from them. Still, I would recommend them over any other local store, and I'll probably go back there to get the matching wedding band.

Finally, I also want to thank Jeff at Metro Jewelry Appraisers in Medford, MA. He was a big help and was very friendly through the whole process. It was a while from when I first contacted him to when we finally got the appraisal, but he was patient and friendly the whole way through it. I would highly recommend him to anyone in the Boston area looking for an appraisal.

Oh, and I know you're going to ask, so here are the stone's stats. It's the one that I got a lot of thumb's up on in the Rocky Talky forum!
0.73, H, VS1, AGS000, and much more beautiful than any stone even near this price range that I was shown in the local B&M stores! Thank you!

ringonfinger42.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
very pretty! i''m glad you found exactly what you wanted for a setting, it''s beautiful!
congrats!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
very pretty and it looks like it has alot of sparkle. I especially like the added touch of milgraining on the shank. Will you do that on your wedding band too?

driveblind

Rough_Rock
The store has a matching wedding band that looks exactly like the e-band, just without the center stone. So, it has the same milgraining and channel-set diamonds around 1/2 of the band.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats, it''s very lovely.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful, love the detail on the band. Congrats!!!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
It''s lovely. The milgraining on the band and channel set diamonds make it look vintage and antique.
21.gif

LBug75

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful Ring !! Congrats !!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~It''s gorgeous!! Congrats!!!
36.gif
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I love rings with milgrain!!! Congratulations!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! I love the detail.
30.gif

jewelryjunkie

Rough_Rock
36.gif
congratulations on your engagement and on such a beautiful ring! You should post it in the under 1 ct list. It would be a gorgeous addition.
9.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! The ring is really pretty and I love the milgrain detail. Great choice!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Beautiful! Congrats!!

cheers--Sharon

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
lovely! The milgraining looks so sweet and the whole thing is beautiful!
congratulations

36.gif

driveblind

Rough_Rock
I will add it to the <1 ct list. Thanks!

jokerselsa

Rough_Rock
CONGRATS!!!
36.gif
It''s A real Beauty. Love your setting.

driveblind

Rough_Rock
Umm...now I feel silly. Where is the under 1 ct. list?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring. Just gorgeous- and I love the milgraining on the band SO much!!!

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
It is gorgeous!!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!!

More pictures, please!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
That''s it? Just one picture?! No, no, no, it''s not enough!!
9.gif

Congrats on the engagement. The ring looks beautiful. We just need more pics to satisfy us!
2.gif

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! Congratulations!
36.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! You did a great job! Congrats on your engagement!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results