shape
carat
color
clarity

My ring and earrings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I am going to try and attach photos of my diamond ring, new studs.

The diamond ring is 1.63, AGS ideal cut "triple 0", F color, VS2, set in a Vatche platinum setting with one baguette on each side that weigh .25ct each baguette. .50ctw baguette.

The earrings are H color, VS2, and I color VS1, .61 and .61, AGS ideal cut "triple 0"

I did not post ear shots because I have ugly ears up close due to my college mistake of getting multiple piercings in my ears. I regret it! They look fine from a distance but up close, not pretty.

And my nails are plain ugly right now. Down the line when my nails are in better shape I'll post a hand shot :)

Lets try this:

edited to add, hmmm, I can't figure this out. I actually got some decent photos, check back later :)

And thanks for all the complements! The diamond earrings look a bit brown tinged in the photo but in person they are totally white. I can only see the color if I hold them up to my F color ring. The room I was taking them in had the sun streaming in but the walls are tan the rug light beige so the earrings picked that up.

And thanks to those who said I don't have ugly ears :) My husband says I have good ears but he is suppose to say that, he has to live with me LOL.

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
Argghh! What a tease! NO PICTURES!
6.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I hope we get to see some pics soon!!
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see your pics!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, you''re killing me.
30.gif
I LOVE your rings and I want mine to look like that!
6.gif
Who did your solitare setting? The sapphire ring is GORGEOUS. And I am dying to see the studs on your ears!!!!

widget

Ideal_Rock
OMG....just beautiful!!!! It don't get better than that!

OK...I have to revise my formerly stated opinions: I think side baguettes AND pears are my favorite settings for RBs. Your diamond ring is PERFECT, and classic classic classic!
30.gif

And that sapphire!!!
23.gif
It's gorgeous!!! Where did you get it? tell us all about it!

Oh, and BTW....if I can post pictures of my 60-year-old earlobes, you can post yours with a few extra holes! LOL
2.gif

widget

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring and earrings. We need ear and hand shots!!!! I have lotsa ear holes (6 in one ear from high school - yuck) and I posted an ear pic today! You can do it. More pics! More pics! A round and bags has to be one of my favorite combos!!!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Hi,
I took off my sapphire ring, I emailed that one by mistake. It is an unheated antique cut that was a family stone that I had reset when I inherited it.

I got brave and emailed my ear shot to post. OK, warning, my ear is VERY VERY ugly!! Its those darned extra holes. And I have earlobes the size of dumbo! Thank goodness my ears sit pretty close to my head and don't stick out at all LOL. And I should have cleaned my ear before taking a photo of it LOL. I have not worn extra earrings in over 14 years but those holes are still there. Yuck! But at least from a normal viewing distance in real life you don't notice it. And with the great cut, you just notice sparkle.

I need to work on my hands before taking a photo. My 37 year old hands look about 90 right now.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t see the extra holes either! And I can''t get good hand shots either. My hands are older than yours, and it''s also hard to hold the camera with one hand a take a picture with the other!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, classic ring and lovely earrings!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
OMG, did you photoshop out the extra holes? I swear, in person when I look in the mirror I FOCUS on those extra holes. I have 3 holes in that ear and 2 in the other. So the ear shot here should have 2 more holes in it. I''m looking at my screen and can''t see them. Either you photoshopped them or I have been worrying about a whole lotta nothing. If thats the case, it just goes to show that we are MUCH more critical of ourselves than others are and we look for flaws that others dont see. Suddenly I feel better about how my ears look :)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your e-ring--what a classic beautiful design! And your ears are NOT ugly!!! (If it makes you feel any better I actually have 4 holes in my left hear and 2 in my right [aside: what the hell was I thinking?] and I haven't had any errings in those extra holes for years but I'm convinced I can still see them, even though no one else can.)

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I love the round paired with the baguettes!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG your ring is fabulous!!! The earrings are gorgeous as well. You have nice ears, silly!!!
30.gif
30.gif

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
Okay it''s Friday and I''m really slow today but I was suprised to see a pretty round brilliant. Congrats they are lovely.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I can see from my name how people would be expecting an assher. I registered on this board right after my husband bought me an assher for a belated 10th anniversary gift. I had wanted one for the longest time. Then when I got it, even though it was a really pretty stone and setting I realized I missed the sparkle of a round brilliant. So with his blessing I traded it in. After all its not an engagment ring but an anniversary gift. But I have to admit I dont' wear the original stone anymore but will never get rid of it either. I have always admired my grandmothers engagement ring and I know that its not going to me. Its going to my cousin. So I replicated it :) I am not a trendy type girl, I'm more into classics.

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
3.gif
WOW! Your ring is absolutely gorgeous- then again so was the 3 stone asscher you traded in. Love the earrings but are these your 3rd pair? Have you gotten rid of the 1.5tcw and the 1tcw ones?

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone.

And Lisa, sheepish grin here, yup. I have been very indecisive but this is it! I am putting myself on a trade in/no messing around with my jewlery freeze until 2008! NO kidding really :) I can try at least :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who makes your ring setting? It''s not the Vatche is it? That is one of my favorite settings!!! What kind of band are you wearing with it?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
gorgeous diamonds. I like the setting you chose for the ring, it''s very cartier and timeless.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love your earrings!!! Your e-ring is stunning... such a classic look!! I can''t wait to see hand pics!!!
30.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s all fantastic! I am so jealous everyone else got to see the sapphire!!! Lovely collection!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker, YES, it is a Vatche. And the workmanship is amazing. I was worried at first spending a bit more for a designer name when a generic would have cost less but it was SO worth it.

I have a facets channel set eternity band 2.37ct, round stones that I bougth to wear with it but I find the look to "blingy" and it takes away from the center stone. So I find I prefer wearing my 3mm plain platinum comfort fit wedding band with it. I wear the eterntiy band for times when I want something sparkly but don''t want to wear the bigger diamond.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/14/2006 11:55:07 AM
Author: asscherisme
diamondseeker, YES, it is a Vatche. And the workmanship is amazing. I was worried at first spending a bit more for a designer name when a generic would have cost less but it was SO worth it.

I have a facets channel set eternity band 2.37ct, round stones that I bougth to wear with it but I find the look to ''blingy'' and it takes away from the center stone. So I find I prefer wearing my 3mm plain platinum comfort fit wedding band with it. I wear the eterntiy band for times when I want something sparkly but don''t want to wear the bigger diamond.
Well, it is just perfect! I did consider that setting, but I wanted a diamond band and couldn''t resolve what would look best with it. I wish I could try on your ring with my memoire band to see if they would work together! Lol! That is the most frustrating part of internet shopping...you have the greatest selection in the world, yet you can''t try on anything!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
And I was admiring your band :) I think my ring with your band would be amazing! But I have promsed my husband I am on a jewelry freeze until 2008. NO kidding, no more buying or resetting anything the rest of this year or next year. Just enjoy everyone elses stuff :) I love the look of my eternity band and my husbnad loves it with the vatche ring but I feel a bit self consious with it. Even though I live in the land of big diamonds in my town. Its funny, I LOVE diamonds and jewelry but don''t like calling a lot of attention to myself. Kind of don''t go together but its true. And I am not changing my eternity band. I promised my husband that after I exchanged the assher for the round and then spent a lot set it that I will be happy with that ring for life. And I will. I can definately say no more upgrades for me on the center stone or the setting for that matter.

I had my ring appraised twice becaues the first one did not have enough detail and both appraisers were very impressed with the workmanship of the ring.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/14/2006 1:12:38 PM
Author: asscherisme
And I was admiring your band :) I think my ring with your band would be amazing! But I have promsed my husband I am on a jewelry freeze until 2008. NO kidding, no more buying or resetting anything the rest of this year or next year. Just enjoy everyone elses stuff :) I love the look of my eternity band and my husbnad loves it with the vatche ring but I feel a bit self consious with it. Even though I live in the land of big diamonds in my town. Its funny, I LOVE diamonds and jewelry but don''t like calling a lot of attention to myself. Kind of don''t go together but its true. And I am not changing my eternity band. I promised my husband that after I exchanged the assher for the round and then spent a lot set it that I will be happy with that ring for life. And I will. I can definately say no more upgrades for me on the center stone or the setting for that matter.

I had my ring appraised twice becaues the first one did not have enough detail and both appraisers were very impressed with the workmanship of the ring.
You sound a LOT like me. I also have zero plans to change the new band ever, and I won''t be upgrading the diamond, either. I will have to tell you honestly that I am worried about it being too big. I am not in the land of big diamonds as I live in a small town. Most people I know have a carat or less. I was so drawn to this stone and it is indeed beautiful, but deep down I think I''d be more comfortable in my real world with a 1.4 stone, which is what I was searching for to begin with. I just wanted the very best quality so I''d have no regrets. But the size thing is confusing because there are times it would be nice to have the larger stone (like where we vacation), but I admit it will feel a little funny to me in most of my daily surroundings with other people.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results