shape
carat
color
clarity

My Purchase Experience with the Brian Gavin Diamonds (BGD) Advance Selection

The Critic

Rough_Rock
I want to take a brief moment to share my experience with purchasing a diamond from the Brian Gavin Diamonds (BGD) “Advance Selection” inventory. “Advance Selection” refers to an inventory of unfinished diamonds which are not part of BGD's in-house inventory.

I originally found the stone on the BGD website and made an inquiry thru their website. Jamie Carson was assigned to be my Diamond Consultant at BGD. From the beginning, she was extremely helpful and patient (I have a lot of questions) about the stone, the setting options and some of the attributes which set their organization apart from their competitors. Making a large purchase sight unseen, let alone for an unfinished stone, was not an easy decision. But Jamie assured me of the minimum criteria that the finished product would have to meet and was very transparent about the entire process.

Yesterday (6/4), I received notification that the stone was finished and was personally inspected by Brian. In summary, the outcome exceeded all of our initial expectations and became eligible for the Brian Gavin Black collection. Somehow, they were also able to retain a bit more carat weight than anticipated so the final product is a 1.147 (vs. 1.138 ).

Here is a link to the updated listing with photos: https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/.../1.147-f-vvs1-round-diamond-pags-104096118007

Here is a link to the AGS report: https://agslab.com/ym-vdgr/diamonds/104096118007/grading-report

Here is the setting that we ultimately chose: https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/...stones/six-prong-fishtail-pave-platinum-5509p

I would like to thank everyone in the original thread for their assistance with this process. Without your help, I would have spent even more money for attributes which are not of significance to most people.

Also, @Todd Gray of Nice Ice very generously helped me with the initial evaluation of this stone before I made the purchase. I highly recommend his services to anyone.

In conclusion, I would not hesitate to purchase a stone from the BGD Advance Selection. The finished product will meet (and may exceed) their usual standards, and in my case, I was pleasantly surprised! When the final product arrives in several weeks (the setting was just ordered today), I will post a photo in the appropriate section.

Attachments

• 104096118007-BGBLK.PDF
    1.1 MB · Views: 107
Last edited by a moderator:

MohTheory

Rough_Rock
I literally just made an account so I could thank you for posting this. I've purchased from Brian Gavin before but thought the advanced section was just diamonds that didn't meet the signature range! So thank you again for this post, as I am currently looking for a ring!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s gorgeous!! :love::love:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome, congrats!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the feedback on the process! I've been eyeing up the Advanced Selection stuff for a while - well, for my fantasy shopping basket... lol

Can't wait to see the pictures, F VVS is my ideal spec! :))

The Critic

Rough_Rock
Is anyone familiar with BGD's "personalized H&A viewer?" Jamie mentioned that this is an included benefit for BGD Black diamonds.

The Critic

Rough_Rock
Just want to add that I had an opportunity to speak with Brian himself today.

He is a great guy - very reasonable, fair and logical. I have full confidence in his work and the products that he sells, and have no hesitations of recommending him to anyone.

jennydean

Rough_Rock
What is this personalized h and a viewer? I looked at the website and wasn't able to find such a thing. Any pics? TIA.

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
@The Critic @jennydean It is a viewer to use to see the arrows pattern in the diamond. You can also use it for the hearts but only if the diamond is unmounted (as you have to look from the underside). I have attached a picture of ours, hope that helps. I think those that receive a Brian Gavin black usually receive one complimentary.

IMG_4992.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just want to add that I had an opportunity to speak with Brian himself today.

He is a great guy - very reasonable, fair and logical. I have full confidence in his work and the products that he sells, and have no hesitations of recommending him to anyone.
Yes he is!. I spoke with Brian many times. He is very honest and very knowledgeable about diamonds.

FYI, Lesley is the real boss...;)):lol:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
great choices and so glad it exceeded your expectations! it's beautiful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results