shape
carat
color
clarity

My Own VC Emilya Ring with 2.04ct RB

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Ok probably less exciting then other rings on this board as we have seen it many times over, but I still wanted to post my ring and thoughts on it! Reset was my DH's present to me for our 5 year anniversary. Love that man!

First the stats:
Center is a 2.04ct RB D SI1
The Emilya Halo solitaire
platinum
.67 melee

Overall the experience with Victor was allright. He responded to emails, met all expectations (said ring would be done in 6 weeks and he meant it to the day!) and was helpful when I had questions. With that said he didn't do anything wrong I just didn't get that warm fuzzy feeling from him either like I have with other PS vendors. I did ask Victor about a future project and got a lack luster response so I"m going with SK instead as he seems more excitied about it then me! However, I do love the setting that Victor made and I think if I had gone through anyone else I would have always compared it to his work. I do plan on upgrading my ring in the next 10 years to a 4ct cushion and when that happens I won't hesitate to contact Victor again for the same ring reset.

Many thanks to Frankie who posted her ring journey as it led me to Victor and of course Victor for creating my true dream ering.

EDIT: I believe the ring size is between a 5.5 and a 6.

VCSSring1.jpg

VCSSring2.jpg

VCSSRing3.jpg

fridays_child

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your 5 year anniversary, what an awesome present from your husband. I think it's a beautiful ring, and even though it has been done here many times before, I think it's because it's truly a classic.

Thanks for sharing your experience too. Enjoy, it's a beautiful ring!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
No matter how many times I see that ring, my heart skips a beat! It is truly a classic and it looks awesome on your hand! Congrats on your 5 year anniversary!

FWIW, I contacted Victor about an earring project and he said that he only accepts erings and RHR right now. I kinda thought that was odd...turning business away. Glad that SK was excited to take your project on...can't wait to see it when it's finished!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful and I don't mind seeing that style again at all. Congratulations on 5 years!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love seeing that style time and time again! In my personal experience, Victor has always been gracious and accomodating w/ all my projects! Anyways, wear your ring in good health!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! Congrats on five years!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
stunning, congrats!! :appl: :love:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh Sarahbear! that is beautiful!!!! Very nice - it suits you so perfectly :appl: :appl: :appl:

Love the look of that setting - it is going to become a timeless one, like the Tiffany solitaire, IMO - its so gorgeous!!!

What a super spectacular DH to gift you that upgrade for 5 years - congratulations!

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
beautiful :appl:

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Very beautiful!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
yennyfire|1334088007|3167714 said:
FWIW, I contacted Victor about an earring project and he said that he only accepts erings and RHR right now. I kinda thought that was odd...turning business away. Glad that SK was excited to take your project on...can't wait to see it when it's finished!
That is so odd, hmmm. Well, I can't wait to see the results of your earring project!

Sarahbear612-wow! It is STUNNING :love: I remember you mentioning you were getting a reset, and I have been keeping my eye out for the reveal. I hope we get some more pictures of this beauty! Congrats on the ring and 5 year anniversary :appl: :appl: :appl:

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
It is gorgeous! And I am so excited to see it, as its exactly what I want (except no donut) AND your finger is the same size AND we are pretty close on picking this 2.09 ct stone! So now I can picture just how it would look on me! We talked before...you had the same dimensions as Frankie, right? And same height off your finger?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VC Emilya is my most favorite setting ever! It's absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations on your 5 years!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
He really does do amazing work! It's gorgeous, congrats on your 5 yr anniversary!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! It's lovely!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a beautiful ring! Congrats!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful, congratulations!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Sarah

your ring is beautiful!! :bigsmile: ;))

Wear it in great health. :wavey:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Your new ring is beautiful!! Looks perfect on your finger. Congrats on 5 years :appl: I sure hope my DH has the same mindset as yours when that time comes for us :wink2:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
No matter how many times I see that ring, my heart skips a beat! It is truly a classic and it looks awesome on your hand! Congrats on your 5 year anniversary!

Yes it was an earring project that I was looking into. He also said he doesn't except colored stones from clients...or at least that is what I remember- it was several weeks ago. So I'm looking into have SK do a pair of chandlier OEC and CS's earrings haloed in micropave! Just have to save a little bit more and then I can pull the trigger. What are you earrings going to be like? Perhaps we can bounce some ideas off of each other as I personally LOVE your style!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
armywife13|1334094841|3167861 said:
That is so odd, hmmm. Well, I can't wait to see the results of your earring project!

Sarahbear612-wow! It is STUNNING :love: I remember you mentioning you were getting a reset, and I have been keeping my eye out for the reveal. I hope we get some more pictures of this beauty! Congrats on the ring and 5 year anniversary :appl: :appl: :appl:[/quote
]

Thank you Armywife...I don't suppose you are located near Ft. Bragg? I'm trying to find someone to go to Raleigh with and check out some of the jewerly stores up there.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Phdecorate|1334101478|3167959 said:
It is gorgeous! And I am so excited to see it, as its exactly what I want (except no donut) AND your finger is the same size AND we are pretty close on picking this 2.09 ct stone! So now I can picture just how it would look on me! We talked before...you had the same dimensions as Frankie, right? And same height off your finger?

Hi Phedcorate- Yes I do have almost the same dimensions as Frankie's. Her finger was much smaller then mine. I think hers was a size 4 or 4.5. So Victor recommended a width of 1.9 instead of 1.8 and a few other things. The ring is still ridiculously delicate in my opinion and looks great. The ring is still a little loose and spins on me so I will probably have it sized down to a 5.75.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
STUNNING! that's all I have to say :love:

princessfeedme

Shiny_Rock
Love it! I never get tired of this design :love: But in the second picture, I was wondering if it's the way the ring was photographed or is the shank (band?) slightly off centered from the donut?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
princessfeedme|1334174553|3168686 said:
Love it! I never get tired of this design :love: But in the second picture, I was wondering if it's the way the ring was photographed or is the shank (band?) slightly off centered from the donut?

First off- LOVE your profile picture...that is hysterical!

You must have a good idea because I didn't even notice in the picture that it was off center due to the way I was holding my hand to take the picture so it does look off center. In reality it is even. I should never put anything past a PSer with their hawk eyes :appl: :lol:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous Sarah, absolutely breath-taking!!! We PS'ers get "used" to seeing such amazing rings, but honestly IRL I've never seen anything like this - and I check out peoples' hands all the time! It's a stunning setting and a big beautiful stone - you must be thrilled every time you look down and see this beauty on your finger! Congrats!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Sarahbear621|1334149373|3168321 said:

Sarahbear612-wow! It is STUNNING :love: I remember you mentioning you were getting a reset, and I have been keeping my eye out for the reveal. I hope we get some more pictures of this beauty! Congrats on the ring and 5 year anniversary :appl: :appl: :appl:[/quote
]

Thank you Armywife...I don't suppose you are located near Ft. Bragg? I'm trying to find someone to go to Raleigh with and check out some of the jewerly stores up there.
I did, but we got transferred to Fort Rucker, AL last June. We were at Bragg for 4 years before that, if only I had found PS then! Maybe I could convince the hubby to let me drive out to nc for a weekend next month to visit some friends and then I could come up to Raleigh. :naughty: :naughty:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
armywife13|1334188702|3168846 said:
Sarahbear621|1334149373|3168321 said:

]

I did, but we got transferred to Fort Rucker, AL last June. We were at Bragg for 4 years before that, if only I had found PS then! Maybe I could convince the hubby to let me drive out to nc for a weekend next month to visit some friends and then I could come up to Raleigh. :naughty: :naughty:

That would be awsome! We just got here last year, but I'm just now starting to get out and really want to head into Raleigh to look at some jewerly stores. I think someone else who frequents the CS forum is also in the area. Perhaps we could do a get together.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results