shape
carat
color
clarity

My "old"-ish collection

shai_lopez611

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I have been a member for a while but its actually been a while since I have used PS. But this week, I have been on the computer staring at all your beautiful rings. My fiance keeps asking me if I have posted yet. So today I thought I would share some of my "old"-ish rings. I think most of them are art deco. These are the ones I have kept throughout the years, so you can say they are the ones I love :naughty:

I haven't sat down and measured the diamonds, but a lot of them aren't that big. I'm sorry if the pictures aren't that good, I'm still trying to figure it all out. Please enjoy them with me :D

deco1.JPG

deco3.JPG

bands1.JPG

LGK

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely collection! I bet it's tough deciding which one to wear, huh? :tongue:

By and large most of your collection is 1940s-1950s, it looks like you gravitate strongly towards that style- it really is a great collection of some very lovely rings. Very late Art Deco period essentially. The bypass style rings, the illusion heads- those were huge around WWII and a bit after. We want close ups :bigsmile:

ETA: In fact I think, from what I can see in the pictures, there's definitely two exceptions to that time period: the really lacy filigree bombe-style ring in the first picture, and the pierced wide cigar-band eternity band... those are earlier, the bombe one probably 1920s and the other one 1930s. Could be a few older solitaires hiding in the mix but I can't tell for sure. But yeah, it's cool to see how that one period of time clearly draws you to it... it must just speak to you ::)

And you have a reallllly similar set to my original wedding set, in the last picture three over from the right side. (arg i cannot get my y key to work!)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
whoa!

Goodness, that's a lot of sparkle in one place :love:

Would love to see more pics of those pieces - especially the solitaire centrestage in "deco3" :sun:

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
W :love: W
there are some lovely rings in there Shai.

I generally go for a modern / contempory style myself but I can totally see myself wearing some of those rings. They are fabulous.

I want to play in your jewellery box. Love it.

:love: :love: :love:

ETA: Can I ask how you found / got these rings?

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow very blingy, nice collection :love:

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
great collection!!!!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Whoa, that's a lotta bling! :appl:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
MAC-W said:
W :love: W
there are some lovely rings in there Shai.

I generally go for a modern / contempory style myself but I can totally see myself wearing some of those rings. They are fabulous.

I want to play in your jewellery box. Love it.

:love: :love: :love:

ETA: Can I ask how you found / got these rings?

I wanna play too!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely collection Shai, so many beautiful options to choose from everyday, I am green with envy =)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh that is quite a collection you have...I would have so much fun getting up every morning and deciding which
ring(s) are the lucky ones for the day and get to come out of the jewelry box!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an awesome collection!! thanks for sharing!

shai_lopez611

Rough_Rock
ok let me try again. I don't know why it didn't post. I tried to take a couple more pictures of the rings but I still cant seem to get closer shots.

Well, I have to admit, I haven't worn them pretty much since I got engaged, and that was about 4 years ago(I started a new collection). My collection started when I was 15 or 16. My mom gave me a couple of the rings, and I asked her to stop buying me jewelry because I didn't need any more (at the time...haha). A year later, I started shopping. Buying then reselling to buy that new piece. I was addicted. I looked online all the time, but didn't buy much, and then went to pawn shops and wherever I could to find jewelry.

Here is the shot I have always wanted to take, but its harder than I thought since the rings are mostly the same size. Oh, and the picture of the bands, are my "when I get old rings" :wink2:

pinky.JPG

finger1.JPG

finger2.JPG

hand.JPG

shai_lopez611

Rough_Rock
a few more pics :D including what's left of my yellow gold rings

Thanks all for the compliments! I'm so glad and excited to share.

LittleGreyKitten- thank you so much for the info on them. I just figured deco, but never knew when.

YELLold.JPG

YELLold2.JPG

finger3.JPG

shai_lopez611

Rough_Rock
oops, one more for Yssie, I hope its the right one. Its about 40 points. I need to get the prongs redone because that jeweler didn't do a good job(it was about ten years ago and I didn't know that they could mess up doing it)

alone1.JPG

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Holy moly that's quite the collection. I must say I'm a bit jealous of all your beautiful rings.

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
:drop:
WOW!
Please sell me some...lol
What an elegant taste and exquisite collection!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
*wipes up some drool* whoa! That is such an amazing collection! Thanks so much for the detail shots. You've got some lovely pieces and great taste :bigsmile:

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
what an amazing array of rings!!

stunning!!

you have inspired me to continue hunting - I also adore rings from that period

thanks for sharing!!

:appl: :appl: :appl:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
That's a beautiful collection. I like collections that are composed of variations on a theme. I had a watch collection like that once. Three silver faced high end watches each similar but different from the others. Well done.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's the one! The head looks very different from anything I've ever seen :sun:

Goodness, what a collection :love:

diamondbuggy

Shiny_Rock
WOW! What an amazing collection! Thanks for sharing!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I love this collection!!!!!
they are all gorgeous :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great collection.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmn! Nice collection! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Hey, you said you're not wearing them much anymore, so pack them up and send them over here to me and they'll get worn! :Up_to_something: :bigsmile: :wavey:

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
What an impressive collection. I think I could live 5 lives and not have that many sparklies. Enjoy them.

shai_lopez611

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone!

I love it, but... I'm thinking about getting rid of some to buy a bigger one(s). lol. That I will wear. I have my newer ones that have bigger diamonds but not a big ART DECO one. I got the engagement ring I wanted, but I want a ring thats me, from me. I have a few months to decide(so I can have it for my 30th bday :bigsmile: ), might have to wait til after the wedding though. Transitional cut or OMC, or maybe even a cushion(nothing big, maybe a carat :D )!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dang I know I already posted once, but that hand shot just literally made my jaw drop :-o wow that is simply stunning :love:

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful collection!!!! They're GORGEOUS!!!

kikidoe

Rough_Rock
wow~~so beautiful! i'm drooling now...

legra

Brilliant_Rock
:love: Amazing collection! My favorites are the wedding set on your middle finger, second from the top, and the diamond ring with the milgrained square bezel on the top of your pinky finger. Please post pics if/when you do end up getting a new Art Deco ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results