shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My NEW Yellow diamond engagement ring

grateful4life

Shiny_Rock
This is my first post to PS, but I've been lurking around for bit and and finding myself totally addicted to this site and all of you. I have a feeling I may find a little too much inspiration here! LOL

I'm beyond thrilled with my new ring...it was quite an adventure to get to this point. First, deciding if I wanted a colorless or yellow center stone. Once I decided on yellow, I was hooked. We settled on a VVS2, Fancy Yellow 5.01 ct cushion GIA stone. Then set out to design the perfect setting. I said I wanted diamonds everywhere and that definitely how it came out. It's set in platinum and 18k yellow gold. The "infinity" design on the sides in 18k have tiny yellow diamonds set in it. The diamonds on either side of the yellow have a very unusual cut...so sparkly.

I had no idea yellow diamonds sparkled so much! I'm in love...and with my fiance too :appl:

image1__4_.jpg

_31284.jpg

_31285.jpg

_31286.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS!! Congrats you you!! :appl: :appl:

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! Your ring is gorgeous and blingy :love:
Who made your ring?
Congrats its so beautiful!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! :love: I love that beautiful sunny color! The details in the setting are wonderful. Would love to see more photos of this beauty from different angles. It looks lovely on you! Congrats! :appl:

Btw, this is a wonderful way to introduce yourself to PS! It's blingtastic!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome, ihagedorn!

That is one stunning ring! And what a perfect, perfect setting! Yes - as per above - who made this beauty for you?

Congratulations on such a gorgeous jewel; that's the way to do it!

And this is going straight into the PS Hall of Fame thread!

Wear in good health. :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Congratulations on your engagement and lovely ring!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You have a stunning ring! Congratulations!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a ring! It's gorgeous. Congratulations.

grateful4life

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the kind words. I'll be back tomorrow with more details and hopefully more photos :)

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow :love: Your ring is spectacular.
Congrats :appl:

Wishing you many years of happiness.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY, I knew it was yellow!! :lol: It's absolutely gorgeous. I love everything about it, the stone and the design of the setting!! :appl: :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring - congratulations on your engagement! Welcome to PS and please come back with more pictures and details of your ring!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Like every else, WOW!!! :love: :love: That cushion is gorgeous, love the color--you must post more pics, and congratulations on your engagement!! :appl: :appl: Welcome to PS :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous!!! :love: The yellow diamond is positively yummy and the setting is really beautiful, congratulations!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!! Fab ring!!!yes, more pics and deets pls!!

Enjoy!!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
OK, got my bling fix for the month. Wow that diamond is amazing. Can you post the grading specs?
YOu can also post more pictures please!!

True love on both counts...congrats on your engagement.

That yellow cushion looks more yellow than just "fancy yellow"...maybe "fancy intense or vivid"...definitely lushious yellow!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy moly, that is a serious ring!!! It's absolutely stunning. Congratulations on a gorgeous and unique e-ring (and your engagement too!).

Yes, please share details on who made it.

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
OMG!!! Congrats!!! That is some gorgeous bling! Very nice!!! Thanks for sharing and will be waiting for more pics and deets! :)

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning and beautiful detail. I love everything about this ring. Congratulations on your engagement.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous piece of sunshine! Your ring is spectacular :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is beautiful!

grateful4life

Shiny_Rock
Here are some details of the ring. I want to post more pics of the ring with my DSLR camera but it's packed for my upcoming move this week and I can't remember what box it's in... :wall: So, as soon as I can find it, I'll post more pics

I've been working with Zina in LA for some of my jewelry pieces for about 8 years. She just recently went out on her own and her new business and website will be called Zina Couture. She is absolutely amazing and so talented. She really knows me and my tastes after working with me for so many years. She lined up the meetings with the vendors for the loose stones and my fiance and I flew out to LA to look at several of them. I don't know if any of you have ever entered the International Jewelry Center there...but I'll have to say it was quite the experience for this gal from Nebraska, USA. LOL Just getting up in the elevator was like nothing I've ever seen. My fiance used the restroom on one of the floors and he shared with me the experience of being in there with a UPS driver with a gun. We now have some fun stories for sure.

We got the search down to the cushion that you see in my ring and a radiant cut. We finally chose the cushion. Here are the details on the center stone:

From the GIA report

Cushion Modified Brilliant
9.21 x 9.17 x 6.40 mm
5.01 carat
Fancy Yellow (we thought it looked more like a Fancy Intense...it's a nice, bright yellow stone)
Natural
Even
VVS2
VG
VG
Fluorescence: None

Then came designing the ring. This is where Zina is such a super star. In my opinion, she is an artist. We started first with a sketch with one of her designers and then the wax image (that's were I had to visualize my ring looking at a blue and green image...eek). I'll attach both here. After many, many, many conversations and many photos sent to her of what I like, we got started designing. She was at a jewelry show and found the two side stones. Once we had those, we were able to put everything in motion.

We gave Zina an initial budget for the setting but by the time it was done, it cost DOUBLE...oops :shhh: . I guess that's because of the custom nature of the piece and me saying that we wanted diamonds everywhere. That's my fault not hers... They decided on fairly large diamonds on the shank of the ring to better transition from the pears on the sides. It's truly a sparkler...It's like there is a light glowing from the inside. It was kind of scary investing that much in something that they are creating just from a conversation, but we were both totally wowed by the end result! We were concerned about Zina sending it through the mail, so we hopped on another plane and flew out to pick it up and made a fun mini holiday for our engagement in Santa Monica, CA!

Here are some of the deets for the rest of the ring:

The setting has 289 stones. Set in platinum and 18 k yellow gold. 0.11 naturally yellow diamonds (in the side infinities). 0.80 ct side pear diamonds (cut corner brilliant pears) 2.45 ct white round diamonds VS clarity F color. So almost 3.5 carats of diamonds in the setting.

Thanks for all of your sweet comments and sharing in my joy. I'm thrilled I found this forum as jewelry is a fun side passion for me and now I have a place to play with others enjoying the same passion! oxo

More photos to come...

wax_image.png

ring_drawing.png

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning! The design is fantastic! The diamond itself with its rich, vibrant, yellow is just, WOW! Congratulations! :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring. Your diamond is amazing. And I love the detailing on the setting. Gorgeous and luxurious design.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nicely done, enjoy it!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ihagedorn, thank you for posting more about your ring. I wasn't sure you wanted to give more details but I am so glad you did. It is such a special piece and it is so fun to know more of the background of how it all came together!

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
This ring literally leaves me speechless. It is sooooo beautiful! Please, please, please post more pictures.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!! Great color and sparkle, amazing ring! Loved the deets, too :lol: "UPS/gun/potty!"

Best wishes!!!

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is amazing!!! Love everything about it from color to setting :appl:

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
congrats! gorgeous ring! you know what they say, once you go colored you'll never go back! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results