shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Sapphire Ring from Krikawa (pics!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elsie

Shiny_Rock
I just received my sapphire ring from Krikawa Jewelry Designs this week -- I love it! I hadn''t seen any reviews for this designer on PriceScope, so I thought I''d post a review with some pics.

I was looking for an elegant right hand ring, and found their site while surfing. I was really impressed by the pictures on their website -- all their rings are handmade, and they have some really beautiful designs (check out the mokume gane!).

This is my first "real" jewelry purchase (my fiance was one of the few who surprised me with a ring), so I was really happy with how it turned out. The service was fantastic, too, even though I am on the east coast and they are in Arizona.

Specs:

3 mm sapphire
palladium band

Without further ado, pictures!

The ring by itself:

elsie-sapphring.JPG

elsie

Shiny_Rock
Hand shot:

elsie-sapphring-hand.JPG

elsie

Shiny_Rock
Another hand shot:

elsie-sapphring-hand-2.JPG

elsie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for looking!
1.gif

elsie-sapphring-light.JPG

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness, I love that ring! It''s so dainty yet simple. I love rings like that! Understated and unique! That sapphire is pretty, too. I am off to peruse that wonderful website...
9.gif

*M*

elsie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/24/2006 3:15:08 PM
Author: poptart
Oh my goodness, I love that ring! It''s so dainty yet simple. I love rings like that! Understated and unique! That sapphire is pretty, too. I am off to peruse that wonderful website...
9.gif

*M*

Enjoy! I keep checking back to see if they''ve added anything new.
2.gif

C Smith

Shiny_Rock
I like the color of that sapphire. Most people go to light or dark for my tastes. Is the stone natural? Has it been enhanced in any way by treatment?

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/24/2006 3:18:11 PM
Author: elsie

Date: 11/24/2006 3:15:08 PM
Author: poptart
9.gif

*M*

Enjoy! I keep checking back to see if they''ve added anything new.
2.gif
I remember that website now, after looking at it! I was obsessed with that site for a looong time, haha. I love their style. Good to know that I can order all the way from the east coast (that''s where I am too), in case I ever feel the urge, hehe.

*M*

elsie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/24/2006 3:18:20 PM
Author: C Smith
I like the color of that sapphire. Most people go to light or dark for my tastes. Is the stone natural? Has it been enhanced in any way by treatment?

Hi C Smith,

It''s a natural sapphire, but I''m not sure if it has been treated or not. I was concerned about the color, too (especially with a bezel setting), but I specified a "bright medium blue" and it came out perfect.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful, love it!!! The sapphire has a lovely color to it.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! I love how feminine yet modern it is.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
that ring is absolutely perfect. Really beautiful.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How delicate and pretty! I love the royal blue color of that sapphire!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
That sapphire is such a beautiful color! I love the design too, it seems to "flow"...

How did you find such a pretty sapphire?!

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful ring! I love the sapphire and the ring design is so graceful and delicate!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Delightful ring--so feminine!!

cheers--Sharon

elsie

Shiny_Rock
poptart, C Smith, Kaleigh, kcoursolle, diamondsrock, KristyDarling, UCLABelle, jfo, canuk-gal - Thanks for the compliments! They mean a lot, coming from women and men with such fabulous tastes in jewelry (yes, I have been drooling over all your rings for a long time!)
3.gif
And I do love the sapphire color as well (it was the part I was most worried about, especially since the bezel setting doesn''t allow too much light in).

UCLABelle - I can''t take the credit for finding the sapphire -- Krikawa selected one for me after I let them know what I wanted. Since they told me that all their sapphires are eyeclean and well-cut (and they seemed knowledgeable in picking and setting gemstones), I trusted them to do the work for me. I think they might use The Natural Sapphire Company since they have a link on their webpage for them.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to post I love your ring
1.gif
just my style

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I really really like this ring. The blue is perfect and just pops out. It''s so pretty and delicate looking. Congrats!!
36.gif

elsie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, part gypsy and butterfly! Glad you like it -- I really love the "small and delicate" style too. I wonder if there are any stores out there that just sell dainty, simple little rings like this? ~drool~
3.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
That is so pretty and delicate. I love the blue color of the sapphire. Very nice against the silver.

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
That ring is just adorable!

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Very elegant! Reminds me of the blue diamond in the Titanic. There''s just something mysterious and magical about your sapphire.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love the color of the sapphire...I like the setting too!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very delicate. I like the setting!

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
It''s soooo sooo pretty.

elsie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the compliments, swingirl, tanuki, julian, blingdiva, tacori, and luvsdiamonds!
9.gif

Julian -- heheh, I only wish my sapphire was as big as the sucker in that movie!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I love it! It''s so pretty and delicate... Yum!
30.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Very very petite and lovely!! Scrumptous!!!

elsie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, anchor and MINE!!!
1.gif
I think my gemstone obsession is getting dangerous...
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results