shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Ring At Last! (Danhov / James Allen Halo)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
Hello All!

My boyfriend of 5 years proposed today (our 5th anniversary) in Mammoth Mountain on our snowboarding holiday vacation. Lots of ring pics to follow! It is platinum, size 6.25, from Danhov''s new collection (yet to be posted to their website I believe). The center stone is from James Allen, AGS Ideal / Ideal. I didn''t ask about other specs yet, but I believe it''s between 1.5 & 2 carats, probably E - G color, and it''s eye clean, my guess is an SI1 or a very, very clean SI2, since that''s what we''d been looking for.

Enjoy the pics, I''ll update with the rest of the specs when I know them!

danhovring1.jpg

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
Many more where this came from - there was a huge storm today and we couldn''t leave the condo, so all I''ve really done is call people and take pictures of the ring!!!

danhovring3.jpg

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
6.gif
What a beautiful ring!
Congratulations!

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, you''re quick!

There are several more pics, this is the only safe place for me to be a completely obsessive freak about the pics! (My friend has made me institute a "one picture via email, more available upon request" policy for sending pictures to friends and family via email, so sad!)

danhovring7.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Katrina, it''s gorgeous!!! Congratulations on your engagement!!!
30.gif
36.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
oh Katrina- what wonderful news.

It''s lovely

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your kind words, I''m REALLY excited!

danhovring99.jpg

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!! That ring is so beautiful and sparkly!!! What a great way to ring in the new year!!!

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
I think I may be going overboard with the pics, even by pricescope standards, but what the hell! ; )

danhovring10.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love, love, love, looooooooooooooooooooooooooove it!!!! My WORD it is breathtaking! I have to go take another look.
27.gif

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Demelza! I''m wrapping it up, I promise!

danhovring11.jpg

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much, the band and halo remind me of your ring (one I''ve had on file for inspiration for a while) - very very delicate and thin with no metal frame or edge around the stones!

danhovring12.jpg

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
Second to last picture

danhovring14.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Katrina what a lovely ring! Congrats!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I especially love the closeup where you can see that the halo is shared prong and the girdles of the melee extend beyond the prongs to give the halo a scalloped edge. That''s exactly what I wanted my halo to look like but the jeweler could just NOT get it right...I finally gave up. How big are the melee in your halo? So exquisite!!!! There are never too many pictures!
2.gif

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
Last one, thanks for looking, and thanks to all of you for the EXTENSIVE diamond education over the year plus that I''ve been reading the site!

danhovrinh15.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
Katrina!!!!! It''s just gorgeous!!!
30.gif
CONGRATULATIONS!

Author: katrina_33
I think I may be going overboard with the pics, even by pricescope standards...
No way!!! We can''t get enough!
3.gif

widget

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, I think that''s a cool pic too, I had a lot of fun in my little photo shoot today! I have no idea about the melee size, and I know my FIANCEE (!!!) wouldn''t know either, but maybe it''s on some sort of doc that James Allen sent with the ring? He has the cert back home, I''ll look and see if there''s any mention in other paperwork, or I will ask Jim Schultz just out of curiosity. My FIANCEE (!!!) said he was really great to work with, BTW for anyone doing a future search for the vendor name.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
It does remind me of Firegoddess'' ring a bit!

Why are you wrapping it up???

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I was sipping champagne and pulled up your post. Your ring is so gorgeous, I had to put my glass down and really look!!
It is stunning! That center stone is blinding.
So, I raise my glass to you and your engagement - congratulations.

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
What great pictures you posted and on this forum there is no such thing as too many! Btw have you picked a wedding band?
Enquiring minds need to know
31.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! What a beauty!

There is no such thing as too many pics - just keep snapping away!

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement and your GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS ring!!!! You lucky gal!

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone, it feels a little self indulgent to post so many pics, but then I think about how much I enjoy seeing other people''s and feel better! Danhov makes a really pretty, thin matching wedding band that I tried on with the engagement setting in their LA shop. It will sit 100% flush. They like the 2 bands on either side look, I''m still deciding whether I want to go with that or just the traditional 1. I have also thought about putting it with an eternity ring with alternating diamonds and sapphires a la facets, still considering doing something other than the matching band, but good to know it''s an option.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results