shape
carat
color
clarity

MY NEW RADIANT RING!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
OK, so a photographer I am not! I am still trying to perfect the clarity, and there is no way that the following pictures show the fire and beauty of this ring! BUT, I have to brag!

I Love DIAMONDS!

This is my 1.71 radiant F color very clean VS2 with setting of white gold with 26 round and 2 tapered baguettes. Ring total weight .69 ct for a total of 2.40 ct for the ring!

P1000327 (2).jpg

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Here is another, the fire and brilliance do not show, I have to figure out how to get the lighting right!

P1000314 (2).jpg

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
AND ANOTHER!

P1000321 (2).jpg

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
YET ANOTHER!

P1000322 (2).jpg

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
YOWZA!
3.gif

That's some bling!
What a beautiful and unique setting you have.
love.gif

Please post some more photos of that baby on your hand. It must be a very impressive size!
1.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Last one for now, if any one has any suggestions on how to improve on the clarity and lighting, please let me know. I have a Kodak DC3400.

Thanks for letting me brag!!!

P1000320 (2).jpg

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Jennibear!

I will post some on my hand as soon as I can master it!!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful and unique ring! I bet it's a knockout on your finger.
appl.gif

Also -- try the macro mode on your camera if you aren't already. It helps with the focus.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! It's HUGE! And very sparkly. :D Congrats!

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Very beautiful Icelady.
love.gif
Great job on the pictures too.
2.gif
Enjoy and wear it in the best of health.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very Unique Ring Congrats...
9.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!
3.gif
Unique seting and gorgeous stone...do you have the depth & table %s on it?

I LOVE radiants...as I think about my three stone, I more and more think I want the radiant...just beautiful! Congrats & wear in good health!!!
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Jennifer,

Believe it or not the depth is 70% and the table is 57%. If I would have judged this stone on paper only I would have missed a gorgeous stone. There is no visible bow tie at all and the length to width ratio is 1 to 1.15. It just sparkles all over the place!! None of the other "better" (on paper) cut stones that I saw held a candle to this one. I guess that is why a lot of people on Pricescope talk about doing a visual on the fancy cuts. It seems to me that every standard (AGS, Pricescope, Gemappraisers) I saw for radiant cuts was different. The jeweler/gemologist I worked with asked her sources to look at the stones for her in addition to sending the GIA certs ahead before we narrowed it down to 4 to look at. If her source had not said this stone was really worth looking at, I may not have chosen to see it based on the cert statistics!

I love the radiant cut! I also have a round brilliant that was just set in a semi bezel pendant. If I get ambitious I will post pictures of that also. The rounds are beautiful also, but in a different way! Actually I just plain love diamonds!!

Hope you find exactly what you are looking for. Make sure to post it when you do!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! That's too nice for safety! Was the setting built for this stone? If not, it was quite lucky to get the side panels to match the length of the stone and make the contour of the whole ring "flow"... And I have not seen that type of pave (?) elsewhere either. Congrats for the great ring
2.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
It's truly gorgeous!!!! It has a beautiful shape!
1.gif
appl.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks AnA,

Actually I found the setting first and it had to be custom made in my size. Once I had the setting I set about finding the main stone.

The round diamonds on the sides are bead set. The beads have been flattened on top instead of remaining domed. It gives the appearance of smooth sparkly glass on the sides as it enhances the sparkle from the diamonds. I had never seen another like it either, and I have seen a lot of settings in my search!
9.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the specs and good advice. You really have to see these things in person to "know" when you've found the "one."
1.gif

My three stone is a long-term project. My 10-yr anniversary is in 2006, which is the planned event to get the ring. I want it to be a monster so it will be a big investment and I am going to spend the next couple of years really thinking about what i want and making sure i pick the right thing.

But I really love the radiants...always have. Your ring is great!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful and yes that is some serious bling bling!! It must be hugely impressive on the finger.

2.gif
Congratulations!! Great piece of work.

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
can i pls have ur ring size and a pic of the ring on ur hand for information in the eye candy folder. thank you
5.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Tomatoe,

I am posting some photos of the ring on my hand! I still have not mastered this completely so please forgive me ahead of time.

My ring size is 4 and 1/2, and I have long fingers!
9.gif

P1000336 (2).jpg

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Here is another!

P1000342 (3).jpg

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
icelady, thank you for the pictures and dont worry about not 'mastering' picture taking yet, the pictures of the ring and on ur hand r wonderful. i asked for ur ring size cos i like to see how different ct diamonds look on different size hands It is great to have an approximation of what it will look like on my own. i am sure the rest of us on here do too, cos i often see requests for rings on hands.

most importantly, congratz on ur wonderful purchase.
5.gif

mdurkin

Rough_Rock
beautiful!! I have a brand new radiant cut too! And I'm having trouble with pics...yours is lovely and looks great on your hand...good luck!

jenny

Rough_Rock
yours is so pretty! how did you get your pictures to come out so clear ! can't seem to get a clear picture and then i can't even get them posted oh well! congrats on your beautiful ring!

iceprincess

Shiny_Rock
Hi friends,
Here are a couple of old threads that give suggestions for taking better pics. We can't ever get enough eyecandy!

click here 1

click here 2

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the links Iceprincess. The first one came through but the second I could not get to come up.

Jenny I thought your first pic was gorgeous! I can't tell you how many hours I played with the lighting and settings to come up with the pics I posted, but I still am trying to see if I can get it clearer and get the fire in the stones to show.

I used the macro setting and tried to use a loupe and magnifying glass. The ones that I posted were taken without magnification. I set it on Tungston lighting and used white background because the darker the background color, the yellower the ring looked.

Thanks everyone
21.gif
for your really nice comments on my ring.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
WOW Ice! After your post on the poll I just had to look up your ring! It is gorgeous!!
love.gif

In the pics that show a side view,.... I thought at first it was a W prong, but it looks like a script J or I. Unique!
1.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Hi PQ,

Thanks for the compliments!! I am still bumping into walls and have to wear gloves while driving, cause I can't keep my eyes off of it!!!
9.gif

The prong underneath is like a curly-q. It comes from one prong tip, down around and curls, and then up for the other prong tip. Kind of like a roller coaster like the "corkscrew"!

Thanks again!

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
What a great ring....if I didn't have my round, I would surely get a radiant. I really like the single baguettes on each side. You get three different stone looks in one ring. Yummy.
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results