shape
carat
color
clarity

My NEW "Odds and Ends" necklace by BGD!!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I had an antique 18K chain with cool links that was too short for my neck. Given to me by my grandmother.

And a 7 stone anniversary band that used to be my mothers that was uncomfortable to wear. With seven 7-8 pointers (not sure, will have to ask Brian if he weighed them).

A .4 (approximate) OEC diamond that Neatfreak had bought on ebay for a good price and hadn't set. And that I couldn't resist buying from her.

And I had a .6 (approximate) OEC I had found on ebay, with a chip right on one of the facets near the table.

I called BGD and asked for them all to be rehabilitated (the chain had no plating left in parts and the .6 OEC needed a recut to get that chip out) and combined into one lovely DBY necklace with a drop in the center.

And... I get to pick up the result today (in a few hours!). But to hold me (and you) over... here's the glamor shots!

All the bezels have the finest milgrain on them. Everything has been re-habbed. And the .6 OEC has perfect light return now (I will post the sarin later, promise). Six stations on the DBY with the 7th stone from the seven stone band between the two larger stones in the drop. All 18K.

I'm SO thrilled to turn these pieces that by themselves were just hanging out, unworn, into a wearable and gorgeous piece!!!

Thanks to everyone who encouraged me to do this!!!! And my thanks to my husband, as this project was his Christmas present to me.

BrianGavin_TripleBezel3b_031711.jpg

BrianGavin_TripleBezel2b_031711.jpg

BrianGavin_TripleBezel1b_031711.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh my Gypsy! It looks fantastic! wow!!! what a great use of all the odds and ends jewelry. I love these kind of projects :love:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It couldn't have turned out any better. Seriously gorgeous!! Can't wait for more pics!!!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
That's gorgeous, Gypsy! Hopefully we'll see neck shots down the line.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Absolutely Stunning, magnificent, bellisimo! :love: :appl: :love: :appl: Can't wait to see neck shots!!! :appl:

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh how I love that!!!! Cant wait to see neckshots!!!!!!! :love: :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simply beautiful - what a makeover!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Oh Gypsy, you continue to inspire me with all of your gorgeous creations! I love it! My mother-in-law has some beautiful stones in some old jewelry handed down to her from her mother-in-law and I have encouraged her to reset some of the stones into new pieces, but alas, they sit in her safe. I have, however, made my interest in said jewely known to her in the event she ever wants to hand it down to me :naughty: Maybe I, too, will someday have some beautiful pieces such as this to show off.

Enjoy it and please post some neck shots soon!

P.S....isn't your e-ring reset supposed to be ready this week? :mrgreen:

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
*BRILLIANT* I love it!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
What an absolutely stunning piece. I love the chain. It's so unique and looks magnificant with the bezels and milgraine around the diamonds. It's hard to believe it was made from "odds and ends" and is a great way to incorporate a vintage chain.. :love: :cheeky: :love: Sigh.......I'll have to add this to one of my all-time favourites.

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
Just beautiful. They should hire you.

pixgirl

Shiny_Rock
Oh that is so beautiful! I really love it. It doesn't look like odds and ends at all. What a great job :appl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
wow! what a great way to use 'odds and ends'. it's beautiful!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
What a great piece, Gypsy! You are definitely a diamond girl, and those pretty diamonds should be worn. I love that necklace. Gorgeous! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!

So are the smallest stones the 7-8 pointers from the half eternity? In the recut did brian keep the same antique facet pattern?

I love the links on the chain, just awesome. Can't wait to see the neck shots!

MrsDubDeez

Rough_Rock
Trade
how utterly gorgeous! what a great necklace :appl:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful! Gypsy, that is heirloom quality piece! Can't wait to see it on you!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for your lovely comments! I'm blushing. I am back at work from lunch (didn't use the time to eat, had to go get the necklace! I know my priorities!) and I'm wearing the necklace. It is extraordinary. The milgrain work is to die for.

The stones from the 7 stone half-eternity look like so much brighter set this way. And any body color in the larger stones (the .6 was about a J/K and the .4 about an I, conservative estimate) is completely masked by the light return (the larger stones were significantly lower in color than the small ones). It looks delicate and substantial at the same time... I know that's a terrible description.

Yes, Brian kept the same facet structure in the re-cut. There was almost no spread loss and very little weight loss as well.

I was concerned about the little stones being round brilliants and the larger stones being old cuts but it all just works.

I'm thrilled with result. My mom and grandma are going to have kittens when they see it. I didn't tell them what I was doing (they won't care that I reset the items), so they are going to be shocked at how well it all came together.

I promise neckshots shots by the end of the weekend if not sooner.

P.S. My altered engagement ring will be here on 3/23. Steven will finish it this Friday but will be sent out on Monday to Neil, THEN it will come to me.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
The necklace made me gasp, Gypsy! It is sooooo beautiful! You have the best ideas!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that's just awesome!!! I love that you were able to recycle the pieces while maintaining the original feel in regard to the necklace. What an excellent way to re-use a chain!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
It's just wonderful! Really beautiful, Gypsy. And how great that your mother and grandmother will get to see it and appreciate it. I can't wait to see neck shots of the necklace and your "new" ring :love:

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous Gypsy, absolutely gorgeous!!!! That miligrain :love:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
The milgrain work is to die for.

P.S. My altered engagement ring will be here on 3/23. Steven will finish it this Friday but will be sent out on Monday to Neil, THEN it will come to me.

Brian does some amazing milgrain doesn't he? :naughty:

Can't wait to see your new e-ring. I have been on pins and needles waiting for it!!!!

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!!! That is one of the most gorgeous necklaces I've ever seen!!! :o :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: The design is just to die for!!!

Can't wait to see neck shots (& your engagement reset!)

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
OH MY!! That's really beautiful! What a nice thing to do for all your odds and ends. I love the idea and the necklace came out so well-proportioned that it looks totally planned. I can't wait to see it in person!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOOOOOVE! How precious it is to be able to use stones from pieces that were handed down to you!! A real treasure!!! :appl: :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy - that is really, really lovely :love: :love: :love:

What a fantastic way to re-use old and loved pieces!

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
I think my heart just stopped! That is indescribable. Shoot, here I was happy thinking about a simple milgrained bezel OEC and now I want that necklace. Bad. Really bad wantings.

If I beg on my knees will you post multiple neck shots? Do you know the mm of the different stones?

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!!
That is SOME necklace.

Can't wait to see more pictures... lots and lots more pictures, please! :appl:

What a classy and luxurious piece!
I just LOVE looking at it! :cheeky:

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Ack! I can't wait to see more pictures. It looks Stunning!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results