shape
carat
color
clarity

my new Leon M wedding ring - photos

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
26 years ago we started out with a yellow gold setting and my mother''s diamond for an engagement ring. the diamond was stolen and we ended up with an all new platinum 3 stone engagement ring. but my wedding ring remained yellow gold, so i never wore the two together. to go with the engagement ring, i got many stand-ins; white gold, flat, curved, plain etcetc. but none in platinum and none that matched the picture in my head for a wedding ring.

so for my 50th birthday in june this year, my husband said he''d order me the ring i really wanted from Leon Mege. it''s not a complicated ring - platinum, milgrain, bead set eternity 28 x 3.5 pt stones -.98ctw. i wanted it as narrow as possible, while still holding on to the stone size i wanted to use - so it had to be leon. i can''t find anyone else who will do a 28mm band with 3.5pt stones. most jewelers suggest 3mm or wider.

most of the rings like this which i''ve seen use 1-1.5 pt stones. i wanted something more substantial and slightly more blingy, without going as far as the tiffany legacy wedding band with 5 pt stones which is 3.2mm wide.

i haven''t seen this ring yet as tim picked it up from Leon tuesday morning, and i''ll still be in australia for another month. but he''s sent me photos and i wanted to share them with you :)

we dont have a macro lens, i''m sorry, and these were taken indoor, at night. but it''s enough to give you an idea....

IMG_2950s.JPG

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
plenty of photos... :)

IMG_2941s.JPG

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
for those of you who might wonder, leon''s melee is F/G and VS

IMG_2943s.JPG

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
look at this workmanship! all those back openings hand done....

IMG_2947s.JPG

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
look at that beautiful, delicate milgrain! gorgeous :)

IMG_2948s.JPG

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
and look at this sparkle! even indoors, at night, with a flash...WOW!

leon was a pleasure to work with and he seemed to ''get'' exactly what i wanted right off the bat. it''s a standard ring, granted, but not beyond some jewelers to get wrong!

i''m extremely pleased, will work with him again, and have no complaints at all.

certainly the wedding ring of my dreams :)

IMG_2949s.JPG

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your beautiful new ring Whitby! And happy birthday to you. Hope you have a great year. How anxious will you be to see both the ring and your husband in a months time?

AussieNic

Rough_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
WOW! That is one gorgeous birthday pressie whitby.
I don''t know how you can stand to be here while that beautiful ring is over there..

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Whitby, that is a gorgeous wedding ring!! So sparkly! And the craftsmanship is out of this world!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I can''t stop looking at your pictures... keep going back...lol

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful ring! I can''t wait to see it with your ring.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 2:10:08 AM
Author: whitby_2773
look at this workmanship! all those back openings hand done....

it''s gorgeous whitby. just curious, did you request to have the back opened up or what was the reasoning? I noticed most of Leon''s rings are closed but it seems like the bands he does with larger diamonds like yours he opens.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is going to look AMAZING with your 3 stone ring! You must be so excited to get that ring on your finger!
36.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
That is beautiful, I can hardly see the metal.

What ended up being the final width?

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Thanks softly_softly – I am indeed bursting to see both ring and husband – tho not in that order ☺

Where are you, AussieNic? I’m just outside of Sydney.

Thanks chiquitapet; I think the craftsmanship is unreal.

Lknvrb4 – I’m *dying* to see it with my engagement ring! I’ve waited yeeeeeeears for this very thing!!

Hi mrssalvo. No, I didn’t ask him to open it up – but I’m glad that he did. Maybe he feels that, after a certain point, there’s light benefits in opening the back? It seems to sparkle like the very dickens, so it’s hard to argue with him!

Thanks Maisie ☺ I am DYING to see it with my ring and get them both together!! I’ve waited yeeeeeears for this! I just can’t wait!

Hey LtlFirecracker ☺ the width was 2.8 in the end, and the stones were at least 2mm, so at the very most you’ll see .4 of a mm of metal on each side. Incredible.

Thanks for your interest, ladies!

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring!
30.gif
that is a special wedding ring! Cant wait for you to get it!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh whitby, it''s absolutely gorgeous and I can''t wait until you are able to put it on your finger!!! I hope you have a happy, happy 50th birthday. I think Leon got everything that you wanted perfectly right!!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful Whitby!!!!
You must be dying to see it - and Tim too ;-)

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Whitby, it''s SIMPLY STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!

AussieNic

Rough_Rock
I''m quite a bit of distance from you Whitby..up in Central Queensland :) where the heat is lol

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Wow, congratulations on a stunning ring!! You must so super excited to get it! I''m particularly curious to see pictures when e-ring finally meets w-ring, b/c we have the same 3 stone ring and I''d LOVE a wedding ring like yours.

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Wow... I have no words. That ring is amazing.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
whitby, it''s absolutely beautiful and I can''t wait until you get home and are able to put it on your finger with your three stone. I think it''s going to look fabulous. I''m also glad you had a pleasant experience with Leon.

Thanks for the pics Tim! You''re the best!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
it is incredibly GORGEOUS!!!
30.gif
man, after seeing a true beauty like this... I'm soooo tempted to get me another eternity
37.gif
with just sparkly rows of diamonds like yours! I love the open back actually and it seems very difficult to find these days (with the open back as much as it is, it really help give in terms of size, imo just because you have "extra" space you can fill up on those extra hot summer days
1.gif
)... easy to clean too. I love it!

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
ooooh! Yummy
9.gif

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Whitby! Your ring is absolutely gorgeous!
30.gif
So elegant and sparkly and such great craftmanship...
36.gif
It''s another proof that Leon is truly amazing...
2.gif

I''m so happy that you finally got what you really wished for, after all those years...You truly deserve it!
36.gif

Wear it in good health!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
whitby, that is GORGEOUS
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
and happy happy birthday:)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Whitby! It looks awesome, and so well deserved after 26years! Can''t wait to see the set

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! I hope you have a great 50th birthday, full of health and happiness always!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
That''s gorgeous! I love how delicate the milgrain on the side is - perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results