shape
carat
color
clarity

My New KitchenAid Stand Mixer

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After going back and forth over need/want for this mixer, I finally caved and ordered it! It is a five quart in all chrome! Talk about countertop eye candy and bling! Hubby said that's the real reason I got it - ha! Can't wait to use it for Easter dinner desserts!

_17042.jpg

NTave

Shiny_Rock
Nice!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool!
Enjoy!

I love my mixer.
A couple loaves of Walnut-Cranberry whole-wheat bread dough is rising as I type. :appl: :lickout:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sounds great Kenny!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love mine!!! Enjoy! Great investment! Fabulous during the holidays when baking batch after batch of cookies.... :naughty:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So shiny/sparkly! :sun: I still have yet to purchase one b/c it's hard to find time to bake these days! I will still add it to my kitchen needs list, though!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats MGR!...that is a very nice "kitchen bling" :!: ... :appl:

April20

Ideal_Rock
Nice!

I bought mine about 13 years ago and I use it several times a week. It's a work horse!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am I the only one who does not care for the Kitchenaid mixer? When I use my mother's, I find it hard to control the speed for things that need to be done slowly, and hard to scrape the bowl well to incorporate all the ingredients. It is over 25 years old, so maybe the design has been improved since then? Anyhow, I'll use it for whipping cream and such, but when I make cake batters, I use an old hand-held mixer!

I gotta say though MGR - that is one pretty appliance!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1397874391|3655830 said:
Am I the only one who does not care for the Kitchenaid mixer?

No.
Since you asked, I passionately prefer my Swedish Ankarsrum Assistent.
I have started some threads about it if you're curious.

But this thread is not the place to elaborate on that.
This is more of a SMTB thread. :))

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1397877476|3655859 said:
Am I the only one who does not care for the Kitchenaid mixer?

No.
Since you asked, I passionately prefer my Swedish Ankarsrum Assistent.
I have started some threads about it if you're curious.

But this thread is not the place to elaborate on that.
This is more of a SMTB thread. :))

Point taken!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it! I have a pale yellow one!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny and VR - too funny! A SMTB thread! Well, it is sort of true.

VR I don't think they've changed the design much through the years on these mixers. I do know they have come out with a new beater bar with a rubber spatula side that is designed to continually scrape the sides of the bowl. That is extra though and you purchase it separately. No surprise, right?

I know I will use it during the holidays for baking and through the year for some baking too. Problem is if I bake, I eat. I'll just share with lots of friends! People have mentioned meatballs and meatloaf - mashed potatoes and whipped cream. I'm sure in the winter I'll do some bread as well. I'm sure I'll have more time for such when I retire in a few years and the price was right (after having watched it for a year or more) so it's mine!

However, it looks like a brand new chromed out CAR on my countertop!!!!!! I just can't get over the shine of this thing and hubby is right - shiny things give me the shivers! Besides, if and when we downsize and move, I figure the chrome will match just about any kitchen.

Would love to hear about other uses for this mixer other than the ones I've mentioned. I love appliances that work for me!!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
I love my kitchenAid. I have the Limited Edition candy apple one. It's brilliant.

Yours, however, is SPECTACULAR. I have my eye on the satin copper version. I really really want it . Really want it. Like hand over my bling budget for a year want it. But they aren't bringing them to Australia right now. It's not wrong to have two kitchenaids now is it??? That's like saying you have too many diamonds!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love yours! So pretty and functional. :love:

Reminds me of the time I bought my dh (bf at the time) the red KitchenAid stand mixer. It was the very first valentine's gift I gave him if you can believe it LOL. I bet there aren't many people who could say that the first Valentine's Day gift they gave their bf was the KitchenAid Stand Mixer haha. I just knew he loved to bake and was always baking things for me and thought it was the perfect gift in red.

I really love yours though. Gorgeous and eye-catching! Enjoy in delicious baked goodness and Happy Easter!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Aren't they terrific? I LOVE mine, though it's plain white (all they had at Costco) & not shiny like yours. But it sure makes life easier & more fun!

Missy, COOL idea, red Valentine mixer! :wavey:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it! So shiny looks like its in a professional kitchen. We have the tangerine one and the tangerine blender. I love it.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
misskittycat|1397906059|3655974 said:
I love my kitchenAid. I have the Limited Edition candy apple one. It's brilliant.

Yours, however, is SPECTACULAR. I have my eye on the satin copper version. I really really want it . Really want it. Like hand over my bling budget for a year want it. But they aren't bringing them to Australia right now. It's not wrong to have two kitchenaids now is it??? That's like saying you have too many diamonds!!!

Ditto on the candy apple metallic one. After 25+ years of lusting for one, but not feeling I had enough room for it (my house if very small, with the small kitchen that implies) I walked into my local Williams-Sonoma on the day they were having their KitchenAid promotion. and just lost it. Went nuts. The hubs rolled his eyes when I made him go fetch it from the car. He was pretty skeptical. At first.

So yes, I've sacrificed precious counter space to have it out, but we use it quite often. And in quite a reversal of his first reaction, my husband uses it most of all - he makes french bread and ciabatta with it. Win-win huh?

That chrome one IS pretty spectacular though. I've never seen one like that. Very bling-y indeed. :)

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
I've got the aqua one and it's been busy since 5:30 this morning!!
Carrot cake and cupcake pops next!

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1397916963.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1397916974.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1397916988.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sparklelu|1397917027|3656043 said:

OMG! :love: What time should we arrive? :appl: :cheeky:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

In reading a bazillion reviews on the mixer, I saw that quite a few people got another simply due to color! What worked in one kitchen didn't work in another, etc. I loved the shine of the chrome mixer but figured it would work in another kitchen too - regardless of the color scheme. The satin copper is beautiful too. Can you not order it online from an American company? I found that www.everythingkitchens.com had the best prices and I got a $30 cash rebate as well.

And, well, no - you can't have too many mixers or too many sparklies! I'll enable you all day on that one - lol!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sparklelu|1397917027|3656043 said:

Oh, yum! You have been quite the cook this morning! I made a French Silk dessert which calls for a crust of flour, butter and pecans. It is notoriously difficult to mix thoroughly but this mixer plowed through it like nothing! While it was mixing, I was tidying up so hands free is such a plus for me!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ksinger|1397913551|3656015 said:

Ditto on the candy apple metallic one. After 25+ years of lusting for one, but not feeling I had enough room for it (my house if very small, with the small kitchen that implies) I walked into my local Williams-Sonoma on the day they were having their KitchenAid promotion. and just lost it. Went nuts. The hubs rolled his eyes when I made him go fetch it from the car. He was pretty skeptical. At first.

So yes, I've sacrificed precious counter space to have it out, but we use it quite often. And in quite a reversal of his first reaction, my husband uses it most of all - he makes french bread and ciabatta with it. Win-win huh?

That chrome one IS pretty spectacular though. I've never seen one like that. Very bling-y indeed. :)

Oh, I hear you! I had that justifying debate with myself for the longest time. In the end, life is just too short to not have what you want that is within reason. We've lived too long to deny ourselves too much, right? My husband pooh-poohed the idea too because he thought it wouldn't get enough use but when I started talking about all of the tools and stuff that he has in his garage for just one simple task it truly became a moot point! He finally said if it makes you happy, get it. He knew I would anyway - he knows me too well! :lol: I think he secretly admires the beauty of it and its abilities - the man loves a good tool!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1397903410|3655966 said:
Would love to hear about other uses for this mixer other than the ones I've mentioned. I love appliances that work for me!!

I'm considering getting a meat-grinder attachment.
My SO likes hamburgers but I think of manufactured ground beef as mystery meat containing glob knows what ... cow buttholes, lips … whatever they swept up from the factory floor. :knockout:

Ground beef also carries a higher risk of being contaminated with something deadly like E. coli bacteria than a single cut of meat you'd grind yourself.
Sometimes hear of massive recalls of tons of ground beef that was shipped to, say, 24 states.
Each batch must contain meat from a zillion cows.
A single diseased cow contaminates the whole batch.

On the other hand a single cut of meat comes from one animal.
If a batch of ground beef is made from 10,000 animals your odds of getting a bad package is 10,000 times greater than if you ground your own.
Sure it's possible the single cut came from a sick animal, but the odds are much lower.

Saoirse2

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous machine, congratulations!
Am I the only one who does not care for the Kitchenaid mixer? When I use my mother's, I find it hard to control the speed for things that need to be done slowly, and hard to scrape the bowl well to incorporate all the ingredients. It is over 25 years old, so maybe the design has been improved since then? Anyhow, I'll use it for whipping cream and such, but when I make cake batters, I use an old hand-held mixer!

I gotta say though MGR - that is one pretty appliance!
Oh yes! I use the Flex Edge beater attachment for most of my mixing; Scrapes everything at the bottom and virtually eliminates hand scraping/build-up. If your ingredients are at room temp, cuts mixing time by half =)

_17069.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just ordered the Flex Edge by KitchenAid through Amazon but it only has the scraper/spatula on one side. I thought the two sided one wasn't actually a KitchenAid product so I was afraid to buy it. Might have to return this one!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1397928341|3656149 said:
MissGotRocks|1397903410|3655966 said:

I'm considering getting a meat-grinder attachment.
My SO likes hamburgers but I think of manufactured ground beef as mystery meat containing glob knows what ... cow buttholes, lips … whatever they swept up from the factory floor. :knockout:

Ground beef also carries a higher risk of being contaminated with something deadly like E. coli bacteria than a single cut of meat you'd grind yourself.
Sometimes hear of massive recalls of tons of ground beef that was shipped to, say, 24 states.
Each batch must contain meat from a zillion cows.
A single diseased cow contaminates the whole batch.

On the other hand a single cut of meat comes from one animal.
If a batch of ground beef is made from 10,000 animals your odds of getting a bad package is 10,000 times greater than if you ground your own.
Sure it's possible the single cut came from a sick animal, but the odds are much lower.

I definitely agree with you on this one. It's very difficult to even get tasty ground beef anymore. I too suspect it's everything else that's ground up with it. Makes sense to grind your own from a piece of sirloin - less fat too.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is one beautiful mixer, MGR!!! :love:

I am sorry to admit that I am not a baker, so I do not have one! I would eat it all if I did bake because my husband doesn't care for sweets! But that mixer certainly would tempt me if I did! (My daughter got one as a wedding gift, though, so I have one I can borrow if the need arises!)

craighnt

Shiny_Rock
Very nice, have not seen the all chrome one. I got one myself as a gift and at time I didnt think I was going to use it but it really comes in handy. Great for baking and things like bread, but even simple stuff like real whipped cream in 5 minutes so worth it.

My one bit of advice is don't be tempted to hide it in a cabinet once the newness wears off. It becomes too much of a chore to pull out spur of the moment. Leave it out and when that mood hits, you will find all sorts of uses.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MGR, I recommend you consider milling your own flour for the health and taste benefits.
As with anything there's controversy and anything you read on the Internet is suspect but here's a good first article to read, along with disclaimers. http://www.kitchenstewardship.com/2011/02/17/food-for-thought-is-freshly-milled-flour-more-nutritious/

Just as with an apple wheat starts to spoil and loose nutrients right after nature's outer seal of the wheat kernel is broken.
Any flour that lasts on your shelf doesn't have as much healthy stuff in it, or has unhealthy stuff added.

Just like eating fruit right after pealing it, I mill my wheat right before using it.
It's fast and easy.

I bought the WonderMill several months ago and love it.
Here's a video. http://www.breadbeckers.com/store/pc/Product-Demos-c215.htm

Another highly-rated mill is the NutriMill.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results