shape
carat
color
clarity

My new gemmy stacking rings

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, I’m back! Just wanted to share these pictures of my new stacking rings! The top two are ready made rings and the bottom two are customised with loose stones.

It started when I had my obsession with sugar loafs (still obsessed, for the record). I have a ongoing project with DanielM but as you know, he is very delayed and so I started looking around for ready made rings. I found this really affordable and cute garnet ring by a local designer, and when I visited her studio I fell in love with all the stacking rings I saw. They are so delicate and pretty, and all made in 18k gold.

I had brought along my loose stones and we hit upon the idea of turning my little 0.45 ct cuprian tourmaline from Starlanka into a stacking ring. My original idea was to do a triple halo but this seemed more fun, and we found a little pink tourmaline amongst her loose stones that was just perfect and made both stone pop. We went with one halo for the cuprian and I’m really happy how it turned out! Suffice to say I’m pretty sure these will not be my last stacking rings...

191731D0-D7B1-4387-BE9F-4C09911B98DA.jpeg

8DA506CE-9205-461D-B7E7-4CC251065D00.jpeg A7B5CA58-1AC1-4BCD-BE0E-66875D7BD14F.jpeg
B8F9A858-7DFF-4501-A6B4-3EEAB4CD9CCD.jpeg F0F2FF01-E595-498B-BEC4-853371A69165.jpeg

Last edited:

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Love them! Sweet and look well made!

How was your experience with starlanka?

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Cute stackers! I love stacking rings, they're versatile and relatively cost effective.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Love them! Sweet and look well made!

How was your experience with starlanka?

They were very nice and very fast in shipping! I would contact them on IG rather than through email. They will provide daylight photos on the hand for the stones you request to see. I appreciate the highly magnified photos they take. They don’t attempt to hide the flaws. You do have to check often as I think the prettier stones get snapped up fast.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
For those interested in how Starlanka’s vendor pics compare to the real thing, here is the listed photo and then the daylight shot. There was a video on the hand but I don’t know how to upload videos.
AE9BA2C4-4796-4DDF-8C05-C344EDDD9578.jpeg

A70BD328-F745-472F-AEB3-A7FA37C7D98D.jpeg

The little brown copper inclusions are not eye visible to me, and can only be seen under a loupe.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look fab!

voce

Ideal_Rock
These stackers are so bright and happy! Well done, peacechick!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
These stackers are so bright and happy! Well done, peacechick!

Thanks so much, voce! I feel that a third stacker would make this set perfect but I’ll have to keep an eye out for a stone that would match in terms of brightness.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much, voce! I feel that a third stacker would make this set perfect but I’ll have to keep an eye out for a stone that would match in terms of brightness.

Get a nice neon emerald or tourmaline! Small round or larger square shape set diagonally would look lovely with pink and blue and perfect that trifecta.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Get a nice neon emerald or tourmaline! Small round or larger square shape set diagonally would look lovely with pink and blue and perfect that trifecta.

Oh yes, a tiny glowy emerald would be perfect! Or a happy pastel yellow beryl.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Stay safe! Unfortunately too many sleazy men around… haiz

It’s disappointing but somewhat inevitable because human vices are hard to control, even in a law abiding society like ours.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Oh yes, a tiny glowy emerald would be perfect! Or a happy pastel yellow beryl.

Oh, if you're thinking yellow, I think you should look into Mali garnet or yellow tourmaline. Anytime I see yellow beryl offered, it's a big size, too big to be stacking size. My first yellow beryl purchase was a 5ct+ gem from Gene, and I don't recall ever seeing one for sale smaller than 3cts.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, if you're thinking yellow, I think you should look into Mali garnet or yellow tourmaline. Anytime I see yellow beryl offered, it's a big size, too big to be stacking size. My first yellow beryl purchase was a 5ct+ gem from Gene, and I don't recall ever seeing one for sale smaller than 3cts.

I had no idea heliodors usually come in such large sizes! Tourmaline is probably the right choice, since I can then call the set a tourmaline trio. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results