shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Five Stone

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just bought this super sparkly OEC five stone antique ring. It's so pretty! Much better than it looks in the pictures. I didn't really "need" it, but it just spoke to me, so I went with it. I'm really happy with my purchase. It didn't come with certs, but I had my local jeweler check it out and he said it looked like EFG color stones, probably VS2 to SI1. It was advertised as DEF, eye clean, so close enough, I think. It's Engish, made in 1893, according to maker's mark. It it so sparkly!
OE 5 Stone 3.jpg

OE 5 Stone 1.jpg
OE 5 Stone 2.jpg
OE 5 Stone 4.jpg

Attachments

• OE 5 Stone 3.jpg
    OE 5 Stone 3.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 17

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love that, so pretty!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous!:love::love::love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! I wish I could find jewellery like this here they are impossible to come by.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone! This is my first piece of antique jewelry. I've wanted an OEC for a while now, and this ring gave me an affordable way to satisfy the craving a little. It's so nice to have you all sharing in my excitement. My family understands my jewelry addiction/fascination, but I would never show off my bling to my regular friends. They would think it was weird!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Natasha, this is a really beautiful ring, I love it! Such a great find - would you mind showing a profile pic of the ring if you get a chance? Would love to see a side view of the setting! :appl:

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love it! Is it 18kt gold also? It looks rich!!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Natasha, this is a really beautiful ring, I love it! Such a great find - would you mind showing a profile pic of the ring if you get a chance? Would love to see a side view of the setting! :appl:

I'd love to show you a profile shot! Here's a few. Pardon my lousy photography skills!
OE 5 Stone 5.jpg
OE 5 Stone 7.jpg

OE 5 Stone 6.jpg

I love it! Is it 18kt gold also? It looks rich!!
Yes, it is 18K gold. It is such a rich, full color. I always thought 14k was the way to go, based on affordability and durability. But after seeing how beautiful 18k is, I don't think I can go back to 14k.

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You did very well!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You did very well!
Thank you! I'm so happy with this ring. It was a spur of the moment buy, and nothing that I was actually looking for, but I fell in love with it and just had to have it.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd love to show you a profile shot! Here's a few. Pardon my lousy photography skills!
OE 5 Stone 5.jpg
OE 5 Stone 7.jpg

OE 5 Stone 6.jpg

Yes, it is 18K gold. It is such a rich, full color. I always thought 14k was the way to go, based on affordability and durability. But after seeing how beautiful 18k is, I don't think I can go back to 14k.

Oh thank you! Wow, lovely profile! :appl:

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love it! The diamonds and the 18K gold contrast so nicely with one another. I’d be staring at it all day. :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful. :love: Sumptuous and rich and elegant.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love it! The diamonds and the 18K gold contrast so nicely with one another. I’d be staring at it all day. :)

Beautiful. :love: Sumptuous and rich and elegant.

Thank you! I'm really enjoying this ring. I love the history aspect of it. i feel connected to its original owner and hope that she knows it's still bringing enjoyment to someone.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! It does look very sparkly!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I just bought this super sparkly OEC five stone antique ring. It's so pretty! Much better than it looks in the pictures. I didn't really "need" it, but it just spoke to me, so I went with it. I'm really happy with my purchase. It didn't come with certs, but I had my local jeweler check it out and he said it looked like EFG color stones, probably VS2 to SI1. It was advertised as DEF, eye clean, so close enough, I think. It's Engish, made in 1893, according to maker's mark. It it so sparkly!
OE 5 Stone 3.jpg

OE 5 Stone 1.jpg
OE 5 Stone 2.jpg
OE 5 Stone 4.jpg

What a gorgeous ring, and so sparkly! I love that the maker’s mark dates it back the exact year it was made, it makes you want to read up on all the world history that happened that year.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So gorgeous! Love the gold and it looks perfect on your hand!

shoechick

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone! This is my first piece of antique jewelry. I've wanted an OEC for a while now, and this ring gave me an affordable way to satisfy the craving a little. It's so nice to have you all sharing in my excitement. My family understands my jewelry addiction/fascination, but I would never show off my bling to my regular friends. They would think it was weird!
I totally understand the whole jewelry obsession. My hubby knows it’s who I am but same as you, I can’t go running around waving my hands at my friends and show off my jewelry.

By the way, love the ring! The 18k gold really is a nice juxtaposition to the white diamonds. Makes a nice contrast. Enjoy!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t go running around waving my hands at my friends and show off my jewelry.
I actually do this.
A few friends and co-workers seem interested(maybe!), but others probably think I'm really strange. But I don't care!
I used to work with a girl who claimed to love jewelry. So I kept showing her the stuff I was wearing each day, but apparently she didn't love jewelry as much as me, cause she started to give me funny looks......LOL

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My husband saw me pull a ring box from my purse this morning. The conversation went like this:

Husband: "Why do you keep some of your jewelry in your purse?"
Me: "Would you leave your babies at home?"
Him: (Silence)
Me: "I rest my case."

I'm lucky and blessed. He absolutely understands my love for jewelry. It's my hobby and everyone needs a hobby. But I understand what you're saying.....a lot of other people do not, for sure. I don't have any pieces that I'd be afraid to wear and I do have some really nice custom pieces...the more custom, or vintage, the better I like them.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband saw me pull a ring box from my purse this morning. The conversation went like this:

Husband: "Why do you keep some of your jewelry in your purse?"
Me: "Would you leave your babies at home?"
Him: (Silence)
Me: "I rest my case."

I'm lucky and blessed. He absolutely understands my love for jewelry. It's my hobby and everyone needs a hobby. But I understand what you're saying.....a lot of other people do not, for sure. I don't have any pieces that I'd be afraid to wear and I do have some really nice custom pieces...the more custom, or vintage, the better I like them.
Yes, I have had many hobbies over the years, but the one constant has always been jewelry.
I totally "get" people becoming consumed with a special interest like trains, cars, antique toys,historical periods, etc.
But @LorettaB, please don't lose that purse!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results