shape
carat
color
clarity

My new E-Ring thanks to the many wonderful PSers on this forum!

tfc_diamondlvr

Shiny_Rock
Premium
After A LOT of headaches, struggles, and some smooth moves, I was successful in my quest to get my ring changed from Tiffany's.
I got it sized to a 5, but my actual ring size is around a size 4.5-4.75. My knuckles are slightly larger than the lower part of my finger :mrgreen2: So, the ring is a bit loose. I don't know if I should resize it.

I had to act fast, so I didn't really have the luxury of choosing my center stone. This setting/stone combo was the best that was available at the time.
I preferred to put the money towards a larger center stone and then get a different setting if I wanted it down the road. Tiffany's would only let me change things if I wanted to double my money :razz:
The upgrade from a 1.01 to a 1.37 wasn't too ridiculous, bearing in mind Tiffany's markup.

I don't have all of the specs on the ring but this is what I know:
I color
VS2
triple excellent
No florescence
Channel setting
I don't necessarily detect the 'I' color when I look at it. It's mind clean for me in that regard.

A huge shout out to the PSer @SimoneDi who was my e-ring guardian angel, among the many other amazing PSers. I can't thank her enough for her kindness, strength and strategizing (yep, I made up that word for this event) that helped me get what I eventually wanted.

I really wasn't a fan of the micropave in such a simple style. I know the Soleste cushion cut is very desirable, but I personally put more value in that center stone along with a classic/distinguished design. I realize to each their own, but that's just my personal values.
I figured that this channel set was still somewhat Tiffany's, I was able to get that larger center stone and because the Halo isn't jutting out, my options for the wedding band have broadened significantly!

And without further ado.....the pics: (I haven't taken a lot of them in natural daylight...I'll take a few for better comparison)
I'll be posting questions about wedding bands in a separate post! :D:D
20180117_003714.jpg

20180117_003920.jpg

20180117_003753.jpg

This was the one I had from before (1.01 H VS2):

20171123_123955.jpg

And this was the first one that my FI proposed to me with (.83 Cushion Cut H VS2):

20171007_193422 (1).jpg

This is what I initially wanted and why I asked my FI to go to Tiffany's in the first place: (1.40 H VS2)
20170724_141517.jpg

And these were some of my other wants from different stores:
cartier ballerine.png

van cleef.png

Last edited:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
congratulations! looks great on your hand and you can always add sizing beads. classic & classy!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@tfc_diamondlvr such a wonderful update!! I am so happy that you finally got your dream ring, even if that “dream” happened to change over time.

I am absolutely in love with your new tiffany channel set e-ring! It is gorgeous and it looks wonderful on you. :love: The size difference is definitely noticeable and this is one of the most classic Tiffany engagement rings.

I am very happy that everything worked out for you in the end! Enjoy your beautiful new ring and your engagement!

Last edited:

JoJa12345

Shiny_Rock
Premium
:love: Love this! So happy you were able to get a ring that makes you happy every time you look at it!!

tfc_diamondlvr

Shiny_Rock
Premium
congratulations! looks great on your hand and you can always add sizing beads. classic & classy!

Thanks so much! I'll probably put a sizing bar in later on depending on how much my ring moves!

@tfc_diamondlvr such a wonderful update!! I am so happy that you finally got your dream ring, even if that “dream” happened to change over time.

I am absolutely in love with your new tiffany channel set e-ring! It is gorgeous and it looks wonderful on you. :love: The size difference is definitely noticeable and this is one of the most classic Tiffany engagement rings.

I am very happy that everything worked out for you in the end! Enjoy your beautiful new ring and your engagement!

Your compliments mean a lot to me! Having your support was a godsend to me with everything. I'm very happy I can share this good news with you and other PSers!
If you're ever in Canada for some reason and stop by Toronto, you definitely have landing pad with me! Or Texas, or Belgium. or Vancouver (depending on where life takes me in the next little while).

My only other decision is whether I should pursue something with Tiffany's regarding my former SA's behaviour, or if I should just let it go.

What a journey! Your ring truly is a classic beauty. Congratulations!

Yes, it was quite the journey. Lots of emotions involved LOL! I realize the ring doesn't have the same 'bling' effect as the halo, but that's okay. I'd rather the center stone bring the bling all on it's own for now :D

It's beautiful! And as long as you're happy, that's all that matters!

Thanks! Yes, I'm happier now than I was before.

:love: Love this! So happy you were able to get a ring that makes you happy every time you look at it!!

Thanks very much! I love the ring too. I think it's a nice size and suitable for my hand.
I'm happy to even type while looking at my new ring :D:D Only PSers will understand the admiration for diamonds like me!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your new channel set Tiffany engagement ring is simply exquisite and such a classic piece. I am glad that everything worked out for you to be able to wear a ring you can enjoy and feel good about.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your compliments mean a lot to me! Having your support was a godsend to me with everything. I'm very happy I can share this good news with you and other PSers!
If you're ever in Canada for some reason and stop by Toronto, you definitely have landing pad with me! Or Texas, or Belgium. or Vancouver (depending on where life takes me in the next little while).

My only other decision is whether I should pursue something with Tiffany's regarding my former SA's behaviour, or if I should just let it go.

You are so sweet!! Thank you very much =)2I am just happy to have been able to help in any way, it is what this community is all about:) Your new ring is absolutely stunning and a true Tiffany classic and I am so glad that you are at peace and happy with it!

As much as I am all for justice, I would probably let the things with the former SA go, if that would cause you unnecessary stress. Perhaps writing an anonymous complaint or a review online would be sufficient. Rnjoy your engagement and let the negativity go, he won’t get further in life by treating customers/people without respect ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results