shape
carat
color
clarity

My new David Klass Engagement Ring! Need opinions please!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Re: My new David Klass Engagement Ring! Need opinions pleas

Honestly- I think your ring is absolutely beautiful! Wonderful craftsmanship and detail... But it doesn't dismiss that fact that it isn't exactly what you envisioned... I think we probably always take a chance when having a piece commissioned. You can visualize it in your mind, but it may not be truly feasible from a functional perspective. In any case, I love it! Beautiful hands to boot!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I was going to say that the pave work doesn't look like Victor's either, but I think Diamondseeker cleared up that... Do you like the halo? I think it's a beautiful ring, but personally don't think it works or flows with the centre stone, there is a big visual clash (to me) of the modern radiant cut diamond and the old Antique style halo. Maybe if it was a coloured stone in the centre somehow it would look better. I think if you had a smaller or more modern looking halo it would also work better visually.

Downsy

Shiny_Rock

Your ring is beautiful and unique. It's doubtful you'd find another like it! Enjoy wearing it!!!

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

I personally much prefer when the melee compliments the color of the center stone. I know there are many that love the contrast of a white white halo to a warmer center stone, but I had a lower stone in a white halo before and it drove me NUTS. I think the vintage style setting perfectly balances the warmth, and that the scalloping lends a very unique touch. Yes, it is more pronouced than some other scallop designs and only you can decide how you feel. I think if it still bothers you in a week or so talk to DK. Sometimes things that bother you at the beginning fade and you begin to love something...sometimes things that bother you in the beginning just get worse and worse. Kind of like when you first start dating someone ;-)

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock

I kove that it is something you have dreamed-up and DK was able to bring your dream to life. My initial reaction to your pics was, WOW! WOW! WOW! It is a gorgeous ring. Wishing you all the very best to wear it! (As we'd say in the old country.) :D

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think your ring is beautiful and one of the prettiest halo settings I've seen. I would expect a J radiant stone to show a bit of color so I'm not sure how you would correct that unless you asked for warmer melee. I don't think there is much contrast there any way, at least not on my monitor. If you were to go for a remake what specifically would you change about the style or is it just that you think the proportions are not what you wanted? I know you mentioned that there was milgrain that you didn't request, but it doesn't sound like that is really what is bugging you. Again, I think it is beautiful and unique. I love the scallop of the halo and the profile is really pretty.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results