shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My New 4ct EC Halo -thx to my fellow PSr’s

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
7BA769D5-DC21-40CF-BC2D-6A36CE584AE1.jpeg 568B1755-902F-40FD-B5BF-EC25B94789EF.jpeg DA5AC8BA-C721-4738-A569-60FFBAC7E99A.jpeg 11DF5F95-025D-4B73-9245-F3886F28C926.jpeg B58E652E-9F5B-4641-ADD9-845B7ED2E83F.jpeg 5800C2A9-F7D2-4D46-8F50-0D9A1B752C33.jpeg As some of you know, I had been looking for a new EC diamond for quite some time (a couple of years). I was trying to balance my budget w cut (first and foremost and then w clarity, size & color). Not always an easy task.

I am finally at peace w my purchase (thank heavens) and I can say that I truly love my stone. Adam at OWD’s is so patient, kind and such a gentleman. He also is ridiculously quick to respond to each and every question. He’s very sincere and really wants you to be happy. That alone was worth the extra cost of us going over my original budget (hopefully for my poor husband also, lol).

My stone is an EC

4.04ct
J/VS1 (Med Fl)
7.77 X 10.68 X 5.11
EX
EX
Table 64
Depth 65.8
Slightly Th to Th

I have to say that it looks as white as can be. Even my husband (who was against anything below a G) could not believe how white it looks. The GIa report from the vendor in comments said it should have been graded I w out Fl (not sure how they would know that, as the FL makes it whiter) but nonetheless, it doesn’t matter. It’s my forever.

Adam, as many of you know, did my Halo setting for me. There was some nail biting I must admit. It’s not a VC or SK or LM but honestly, I’m so happy with it and the most important thing for me was that it was barely noticeable and to just flow into the stone. I’m relieved to say that I think he was able to accomplish this and w out breaking the bank.

I know that it is micro pave and the shank is 1.77 and the halo 1.4. It is set in Platinum w a circular band and deep U pave cut. It has single barely there claw prongs and is set above the halo w it tucked ever so slightly under the stone, as to not over power it.

Here are a few photos I took and also wanted to try and give a real life perspective of how dainty it is.

The photos that are closer tend to show it as being more metal, whereas in real life you truly do not see anything but white tiny diamonds. It does remind me of the Tiffany one but DEf less metal than the one I tried on (thankfully bc I did not love that setting but appreciated it wasn’t not too big).

Thank you again for all of you that gave your 2 cents, words of wisdom and encouragement. It’s truly been appreciated.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowsers, absolutely stunning :love:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow!! Congrats on your upgrade, it is a beauty!!:love::love:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!! So happy that you love it! It's gorgeous! :love:

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
Sigh, that's simply gorgeous. Who made the setting? We want to give them kudos as well!

Winterinaustralia

Rough_Rock
I love it, so elegant. :love: So glad you’ve got just what you wanted, and since diamonds are a luxury, so you should! Your husband sounds like a keeper :clap:

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
Looks ICY white in the photos, I was shocked when I read the stats and that it was a J. Gorgeous stone.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
**SWOON** Stunning ring! Adam did a great job all around! Congratulations!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy moly, that is gorgeous!

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Sigh, that's simply gorgeous. Who made the setting? We want to give them kudos as well!
Hi. I’m not sure I made it clear In my my post but Adam’s bench from Old World Diamond. Thanks so much!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
7BA769D5-DC21-40CF-BC2D-6A36CE584AE1.jpeg 568B1755-902F-40FD-B5BF-EC25B94789EF.jpeg DA5AC8BA-C721-4738-A569-60FFBAC7E99A.jpeg 11DF5F95-025D-4B73-9245-F3886F28C926.jpeg B58E652E-9F5B-4641-ADD9-845B7ED2E83F.jpeg 5800C2A9-F7D2-4D46-8F50-0D9A1B752C33.jpeg As some of you know, I had been looking for a new EC diamond for quite some time (a couple of years). I was trying to balance my budget w cut (first and foremost and then w clarity, size & color). Not always an easy task.

I am finally at peace w my purchase (thank heavens) and I can say that I truly love my stone. Adam at OWD’s is so patient, kind and such a gentleman. He also is ridiculously quick to respond to each and every question. He’s very sincere and really wants you to be happy. That alone was worth the extra cost of us going over my original budget (hopefully for my poor husband also, lol).

My stone is an EC

4.04ct
J/VS1 (Med Fl)
7.77 X 10.68 X 5.11
EX
EX
Table 64
Depth 65.8
Slightly Th to Th

I have to say that it looks as white as can be. Even my husband (who was against anything below a G) could not believe how white it looks. The GIa report from the vendor in comments said it should have been graded I w out Fl (not sure how they would know that, as the FL makes it whiter) but nonetheless, it doesn’t matter. It’s my forever.

Adam, as many of you know, did my Halo setting for me. There was some nail biting I must admit. It’s not a VC or SK or LM but honestly, I’m so happy with it and the most important thing for me was that it was barely noticeable and to just flow into the stone. I’m relieved to say that I think he was able to accomplish this and w out breaking the bank.

I know that it is micro pave and the shank is 1.77 and the halo 1.4. It is set in Platinum w a circular band and deep U pave cut. It has single barely there claw prongs and is set above the halo w it tucked ever so slightly under the stone, as to not over power it.

Here are a few photos I took and also wanted to try and give a real life perspective of how dainty it is.

The photos that are closer tend to show it as being more metal, whereas in real life you truly do not see anything but white tiny diamonds. It does remind me of the Tiffany one but DEf less metal than the one I tried on (thankfully bc I did not love that setting but appreciated it wasn’t not too big).

Thank you again for all of you that gave your 2 cents, words of wisdom and encouragement. It’s truly been appreciated.

Stunning. Elegant. Beautiful.:love::love::love:

Amazbling stone and gorgeous setting. Nicely done!:appl:

EC8

Shiny_Rock
Saw this ring on OWDs IG page this morning and I just knew it had to be yours :D!
Beautiful, well done!! Enjoy.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Awe. Yes!!
Saw this ring on OWDs IG page this morning and I just knew it had to be yours :D!
Beautiful, well done!! Enjoy.
Yes!! Thank you so much.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! Looks gorgeous on you too!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness!! Congrats on your new ring.. it's amazing.
I have never seen such a beautifully done halo on an EC.
So delicate and perfect!:appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh so delicate! Looks wonderful. Wear it in health.

cheers--Sharon

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful indeed - so glad you are happy with it too!! :appl:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe Adam brought your ideas to fruition with this design. You couldn’t have asked for better execution of all of the items you were looking for in a single design. He really hit the mark with the halo; it’s truly dainty & allows the center to be the star!!
I’m so glad it turned out as beautifully as it did, and that (most of all) you are in love!!
Congratulations on your “forever”!!! :kiss2:

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
This is just INCREDIBLE, seriously! The dainty halo, with its perfect proportions and perfect emphasis of your EC's clipped corners, the invisible claw prongs, and most of all your beautiful beautiful EC!! You should definitely post some videos so we can see that baby in action -- and also, it looks SO FREAKING WHITE!

I am so very happy for you, and good for you for trusting your own instincts. You 1000% made the right call on this setting!!

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
I believe Adam brought your ideas to fruition with this design. You couldn’t have asked for better execution of all of the items you were looking for in a single design. He really hit the mark with the halo; it’s truly dainty & allows the center to be the star!!
I’m so glad it turned out as beautifully as it did, and that (most of all) you are in love!!
Congratulations on your “forever”!!! :kiss2:
Thanks so much @Mathews1127. I could not agree more. I’m so happy and grateful and yes it’s DEf forever! Just like my hubby :).

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
This is just INCREDIBLE, seriously! The dainty halo, with its perfect proportions and perfect emphasis of your EC's clipped corners, the invisible claw prongs, and most of all your beautiful beautiful EC!! You should definitely post some videos so we can see that baby in action -- and also, it looks SO FREAKING WHITE!

I am so very happy for you, and good for you for trusting your own instincts. You 1000% made the right call on this setting!!
Lol SandyK! My daughter said the same that she cannot get over how white it is! No trace of color and I was a bit worried that the halo may Make it appear more true to its stated grade. However, that is not the case! Yay! So happy and relieved! Adam did a great job and I hope I see more halos in his future! Can’t wait to see yours!!! XO

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results