shape
carat
color
clarity

My new “pretty”….

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She’s paste and sterling silver and came from an estate sale in New Jersey. She wasn’t expensive but she sure does sparkle! 4216F50C-2F6A-4FFF-B0F0-1C10E28409E3.jpeg 68C462E2-C479-4141-98B8-6D710B381B42.jpeg

Oh Loretta, it's beautiful ❤️!
I love everything about it....you certainly have a good eye for fabulous antiques!

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh Loretta, it's beautiful ❤️!
I love everything about it....you certainly have a good eye for fabulous antiques!
Coming from you…..that means a lot! You are a jewelry guru to me! Your taste is impeccable and your knowledge of jewelry is amazing. (I had to look up exactly what “paste” meant. It didn’t mean it wasn’t beautiful. It just meant it didn’t cost a excessive amount of money to own it!)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Paste is great stuff, I have a couple pieces with paste stones and they are beautiful but budget friendly.

Love this new necklace, reminds me of a beautiful ocean, great find!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Coming from you…..that means a lot! You are a jewelry guru to me! Your taste is impeccable and your knowledge of jewelry is amazing. (I had to look up exactly what “paste” meant. It didn’t mean it wasn’t beautiful. It just meant it didn’t cost a excessive amount of money to own it!)

Oh gosh, thanks! But I'm still learning!
This necklace will look fabulous on you.
I think 1920s, so officially antique for sure!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
How lovely, and I can’t tell at all that it’s not an aquamarine. It’s even got one of those charmingly huge windows that fits with this antique style.

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How lovely, and I can’t tell at all that it’s not an aquamarine. It’s even got one of those charmingly huge windows that fits with this antique style.

Thank you! I have a habit of looking at something for an online purchase and I either love it…or I don’t. The ones like this I have loved and purchased haven’t disappointed me yet. I did notice that window also!! Sometimes a window will bother me a little but this one didn’t!

DiaLuv

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty. I’ve seen some very pretty pendants made out of paste. Yours is the prettiest I’ve seen.

How does one clean a paste stone?

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
that is lovely!!!!

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. I’ve seen some very pretty pendants made out of paste. Yours is the prettiest I’ve seen.

I think you could gently clean it with dish soap or maybe even use diluted ammonia or Windex. I have a bottle of Windex sitting at my sink and sometimes I'll grab it and give my rings a quick spray while they're on my hands and then wash my hands with Dawn detergent. I don't think I want to put it in my ultrasonic jewelry cleaner, just to be on the safe side.

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
that is lovely!!!!

Thank you! I'm way more of a person who likes to see a piece in person before purchasing it but in this case, I just had a really good feeling about it.

Bibbi*Jazzy*T

Rough_Rock
She’s paste and sterling silver and came from an estate sale in New Jersey. She wasn’t expensive but she sure does sparkle! 4216F50C-2F6A-4FFF-B0F0-1C10E28409E3.jpeg 68C462E2-C479-4141-98B8-6D710B381B42.jpeg

Lovely piece. :love:
Especially like antiques myself and of course jewellery. :)

Bibbi*Jazzy*T

Rough_Rock
I think you could gently clean it with dish soap or maybe even use diluted ammonia or Windex. I have a bottle of Windex sitting at my sink and sometimes I'll grab it and give my rings a quick spray while they're on my hands and then wash my hands with Dawn detergent. I don't think I want to put it in my ultrasonic jewelry cleaner, just to be on the safe side.

Personally, I just use the dawn blue dish soap.
You only need a small amount in warm water.
Soak the piece for about 15 minutes and then soak your jewellery in plain warm water for 15 minutes.
Place the piece in a jewellery box lined with a soft cloth and let air dry.
Works well for both my gold and silver jewellery.
And my jewellery with diamonds and gemstones.

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Personally, I just use the dawn blue dish soap.
You only need a small amount in warm water.
Soak the piece for about 15 minutes and then soak your jewellery in plain warm water for 15 minutes.
Place the piece in a jewellery box lined with a soft cloth and let air dry.
Works well for both my gold and silver jewellery.
And my jewellery with diamonds and gemstones.

Have you ever been in a time crunch (like just before leaving for work) and needed a piece to be dried pretty quickly? A hair dryer works great in a pinch! :razz:

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Can I just say I love your profile photo? Sable German Shepherd Dog or Belgian Malanois??? (My first guess is GSD!) We had a GSH who lived to be 11 and it broke our hearts when she left us. We have another pup now....she's almost 2 and is the biggest goofball ever.

DiaLuv

Shiny_Rock
Can I just say I love your profile photo? Sable German Shepherd Dog or Belgian Malanois??? (My first guess is GSD!) We had a GSH who lived to be 11 and it broke our hearts when she left us. We have another pup now....she's almost 2 and is the biggest goofball ever.

That is Bella, she is almost 9 years old and is a stable German Shepherd. Also Bella is a momma’s girl.

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is Bella, she is almost 9 years old and is a stable German Shepherd. Also Bella is a momma’s girl.
My husband is a truck driver so I’m by myself quite a bit. These three are excellent company. We call them “the girls.” Bella is a beauty.

Attachments

• 63EC72DF-6717-43D5-B930-F023A33F7919.jpeg
    63EC72DF-6717-43D5-B930-F023A33F7919.jpeg
    318.3 KB · Views: 30

DiaLuv

Shiny_Rock
My husband is a truck driver so I’m by myself quite a bit. These three are excellent company. We call them “the girls.” Bella is a beauty.

Your three are beautiful. I have three as well. Two GSDs and a Malinois.

Bibbi*Jazzy*T

Rough_Rock
Have you ever been in a time crunch (like just before leaving for work) and needed a piece to be dried pretty quickly? A hair dryer works great in a pinch! :razz:

Hair dryer? LOL
I like that!
Just need to make sure that my jewellery doesn't blow away! ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results