shape
carat
color
clarity

My montana sapphire e-ring is finally done!

leahallegra

Rough_Rock
So after a long and crazy journey, my ring is finally done!
Original post is here: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...h-my-goldilocks-montana-sapphire-ring.234558/
Summary:
My wonderful now husband proposed to me with the most perfect, beautiful 3ct montana sapphire- exactly what Id always dreamed of but the setting wasn't quite me:
IMG_2572.JPG

So I set out to create a ring with vine and leaf motifs like this
IMG_2596.jpg
My local jeweler created this CAD drawing for me
IMG_2879.jpg
And...it turned out like this
IMG_3182.JPG IMG_3180.JPG IMG_3181.JPG
WAY too big for me. I imagined it would be more delicate and instead this sucker was just...heavy and chunky. I hated it.

So I went back and after some trial and error they did it!! Meet my ring!

IMG_3750.jpg IMG_3751.jpg IMG_3752.jpg IMG_3753.JPG IMG_3681.jpg

So I went back and after some trial and error they did it!! Meet my ring! I love it : )

leahallegra

Rough_Rock
Im so happy I can finally show it off and be like heck yes this is my ring! Instead of having to present my lumpy, giant ring hahaha

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad you can back and shared your update.
Happy you persevered with the jeweler, and it worked out well for you.
The final ring is lovely
And beautiful on your finger.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The remake looks much more detailed! I'm glad they got it right for you, it looks lovely

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so glad you had them remake it and that they did it as you expected this time! Such a beautiful sapphire, too!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:appl: It is beautiful!

Q

Queenie60

Very beautiful. Enjoy

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice! I'm glad they were able to re-work it to make it not as big...now the stone is the main attraction!

leahallegra

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the compliments! It was definitely an interesting journey! I loved working with my local jeweler and working with them together as they learned new skills for this project! Im very happy I stuck with them and have a great ring with its own crazy story!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful final product! Congrats!!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it too!!!!

So after a long and crazy journey, my ring is finally done!
Original post is here: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...h-my-goldilocks-montana-sapphire-ring.234558/
Summary:
My wonderful now husband proposed to me with the most perfect, beautiful 3ct montana sapphire- exactly what Id always dreamed of but the setting wasn't quite me:
IMG_2572.JPG

So I set out to create a ring with vine and leaf motifs like this
IMG_2596.jpg
My local jeweler created this CAD drawing for me
IMG_2879.jpg
And...it turned out like this
IMG_3182.JPG IMG_3180.JPG IMG_3181.JPG
WAY too big for me. I imagined it would be more delicate and instead this sucker was just...heavy and chunky. I hated it.

So I went back and after some trial and error they did it!! Meet my ring!

IMG_3750.jpg IMG_3751.jpg IMG_3752.jpg IMG_3753.JPG IMG_3681.jpg

So I went back and after some trial and error they did it!! Meet my ring! I love it : )

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really beautiful!! :love: The reworked setting is so pretty, and such a lovely sapphire - so glad you are now excited and proud of your ring! :appl:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring and the sapphire is such a lovely color!!! Congrats!! :appl::appl:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It beautiful and the setting is just right now. I love the different shades of blue that your Montana sapphire exhibits in different lighting conditions. I am sure you are going to get tons of compliments on your gorgeous e-ring. Congrats!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE the side view! It's perfect in the new setting. Congrats.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful congratulations.

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So pretty! Love the blue. Congratulations!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's gorgeous! Good for you for insisting that the jeweler get it right! Now you can wear your ring with joy and pride for decades to come! Congrats!

leahallegra

Rough_Rock
Thank you all!
Im so glad that I took it back and Im also really glad I stuck with the original small town jeweler who made the first one haha. It was really amazing to work with it on them and see what went into it from their perspective. It makes a really great story. Im also very impressed with how they re-made the ring- they never recast it! Instead the jeweler filed it and made all the changes by hand. Im already thinking of new projects to work with them on- the addiction is real!:D

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ohhhhhhhh, it turned out amazing! I was concerned that the jeweler couldnt meet your expectations when i saw the inital post. This however is LOVELY!

leahallegra

Rough_Rock
Ohhhhhhhh, it turned out amazing! I was concerned that the jeweler couldnt meet your expectations when i saw the inital post. This however is LOVELY!
Thank you! I think we were all concerned the jeweler couldnt meet my expectations, but they did! Hahahaha! And as much as I hate to brag (lol!) it really is more gorgeous in person. I wish I could take a more accurate pic on my phone camera!

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I read your initial post as well, and I also happy you got what you wanted! Good job, and congratulations!

M

MTHealthyLiving

Confratulations!

The ring is stunning! And congrats on the Yogo sapphire! I just got my first yogo in September, and it’s my favorite piece! Yogos are wonderful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results