shape
carat
color
clarity

My mission to lose weight...again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Hey there.

I am Emma, otherwise known as merrymunky here. I decided to post here as I am about to start a long journey to get down to a decent weight.

I have tried before and always failed. I hope people here can give me a boost along the way, as I am sure I will be in here grumping a lot.

I am 28 years old, residing in Poole, which is on the South Coast of England. I have always been a little on the large side, but in recent years I have put on a vast amount of weight.

I currently weigh around 21 stone. (around 290lbs), which, let''s be honest, is rather gross, not to mention dangerous for my health.
I would love to get down to a healthier weight before I get married (no date set yet but it may be a motivator).

I have an eating plan all made up for the next week, as this is the only way I usually stick to a regime. I just know I cannot go on like this anymore. When I was 17 stone I promised myself I would never be any heavier. I lost almost two stone by following the weight watcher''s diet but soon lost motivation and put it all back on, and more. I really hope that this time I can stick to it.

The fear of failure usually gets the better of me and I revert back to my old ways.

Can you guys please help to keep me in line this time?

I would be most grateful!

Emma xx

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi there Emma, I do weight watchers and it helps me. You should join our Healthy lifestyle thread in the thread below yours. We are about making healthy strides in health and working out if you can. I would switch out my beverages to water; which is a small change and do a small change so you don''t feel overwhelmed. I use a journal to track what I eat and how many calories (or points) I am eating a day; it keeps you more aware of what you are eating because you need to write it done. You can do it!!! Marcy in the Healthy Lifestyle thread lost 160''s lb; hopefully she will chime in but we all are working at this together and you can too!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy,

Thank you for the quick reply. I will certainly head on in there.

Ah yes, my life will now consist of writing down everything I eat, making sure I get my quota of water intake for the day and tracking any exercise I do.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2008 7:04:05 PM
Author: merrymunky
Skippy,

Thank you for the quick reply. I will certainly head on in there.

Ah yes, my life will now consist of writing down everything I eat, making sure I get my quota of water intake for the day and tracking any exercise I do.
Oh good. Well have you checked out sparkpeople.com the website can figure out how many calories is a good amount for you to eat.
I am glad you joined the Healthy lifestyle thread; a new thread starts each Monday and goes for a week. We talk about what we did each day and we encourage each other! Glad you joined and sounds like you are making the right healthy habits, good for you!

Here is a thread with Healthy recipes too https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wwt-healthier-recipes-thread-post-your-recipes-here.85010/

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I shall check out those links.

I am vegetarian which makes it dificult to find good recipes amongst meat based ones but I know there are a wealth of fantastic veggie dishes to discover so all will be good!

I really don''t know what I can tell you all about me to give you some insight. If I get started I might end up ranting for days, but I will tell you that I so have low self esteem when it comes to my looks etc so that''s just one more reason why I should give it my all this time.

Fear of failure always seems to win out though. I don''t know how to change my attitude and motivate myself more.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Emma!

I think my only advice is to make goals that you can actually get to. Have an ultimate goal, but mini goals help... Like for the next month, I want to lose 2 pounds a week by walking on the treadmill. Don''t get yourself down by doing something that will burn you out. I am over weight by only 40 pounds more than I want to be, but when I started working out a couple months ago, I made sure to start and work my way up.. now I am running!!

Good luck to you and check back to the week''s thread.. everyone is so optimistic it helps to read. I also watch the biggest loser (
4.gif
3.gif
21.gif
) and it makes me more motivated to actually see other people losing weight!!

GOOD LUCK!

also- keep it up. I think realizing you need to change your lifestyle is the first step and now at least you are in this mindset...
1.gif

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Marcy and ILoveAsschers13,

Thank you for the replies. It''s really very reassuring to know that they are people who will be around to pick me up when I find it tough.

I won''t ramble in here, but I will go post more about my mission in the group thread.

Once again, thanks. The kind words of encouragement mean the world to me.

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Hi Merry

I was three stone heavier at the start of this year and I have battled and battled to get to where I am now. I want to lose another stone or so before my wedding in April next year. The only thing, in my opinion that works, is being aware of how much you are eating and exercising. I joined a site called Nutracheck and have an online food diary and exercise calculator. Those weeks where I have been vigilant and kept a record I lost weight, and those I didn''t, I didn''t lose weight. The simple bit is the maths, calories in and calories out, but the really hard bit is the mental stuff and only you can make the difference there. Try to think in terms of being healthier, not being thinner. What scares me is reading somewhere that fat cells are not just harmless, they are waiting to do something really horrid to us like kick cancer off in our bodies and that terrified me and i want rid of them. It isn''t easy, but you have to take it one day at a time and fight every day I am sad to say.

Good luck, you can do it if you really want to.

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I may be reviving and old thread here, but I''d like to share some advice I learned years ago that makes a lot of sense and mostly it deals with the words we use when dieting.

Never say you''re going to ''lose'' weight. Our whole entire lives we are programmed if we lose something, we must find it. "I''ve lost my keys," which leads to frantic searching until they''re found. "I''ve lost my way," causing us to seek out directions so we can find it. See the pattern? Instead, say you''re on a ''weight reduction'' plan. Our brains aren''t so inclined to find things we''ve "reduced" like they want to if something is "lost." I hope this tidbit helps.

Also remember that you only fail when you don''t try and to cut yourself some slack. The weight didn''t get there over night and won''t disappear over night either. In fact, it could take years for you to get to a healthier weight, but don''t despair! Every bit of weight that comes off is a step in the right direction and even if you falter one month and gain some back, stick to the plan and persevere. You can do it!
36.gif

Here are some quotes for you:

In order for you to profit from your mistakes, you have to go out and make some.
- Unknown

Success doesn''t mean the absence of failures; it means the attainment of ultimate objectives. It means winning the war, not every battle.
- Edward Bliss

In the end, the only people who fail are those who do not try.
- David Viscott

Good luck in your journey. With all the lovely people here on PS you have a great support system.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MerryMunky, how are you doing today?

Here are some of my diet quotes or words of wisdom:

A calorie saved is one you don''t have to burn.

Last to the table and the first to rise makes you healthy, svelty and won''t add to your thighs.

Today is the first day of the rest of your diet.

Eat it today, exercise it off tomorrow.

I can have my cake and eat it too – as long as it’s in moderation.

9.gif

Calorie Wise won''t make you pound foolish.

It''s better to waste food than wear it.

Diet or Die!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girlie-girl, I love the concept of not saying you''re going to "lose weight" in favor of saying "reduce weight" instead. That is fantastic.

Merry Munkey, I''m a vegetarian too. There are some threads around here somewhere that are full of vegetarian recipes and most are pretty health-conscious. If you do a search for "vegetarian" some should pop up for you. (Sorry, I''m no good at posting links!)

I want to tell you that I think it''s wonderful that you are concerned about your health and on a mission to take action to ensure that you are in good health by trying to make your eating healthier. You can do this, and you deserve the best treatment you can give yourself. You''re worth it!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Merrymunky! How are you doing? I''ve missed you in the HLT. Just wanted to say hi and see how you are.
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results