shape
carat
color
clarity

My Maytal Hannah E-Ring Anniversary Reset

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Since our anniversary is coming up, I have been on a search for the final setting for my OEC that compliments my lifestyle and personality for quite some time now. I was wanting something that was classic, a timeless halo, a statement piece. I don’t have much finger space, so it had to be a ring that was not complicated and one that showcased my stone. I am drawn to open profiles so that I can see as much of my diamond as possible, and also make it easier to clean. In my search, I always stopped and adored the Harry Winston ring. So, there it was, my ring to be!

The next step was to find the perfect designer that I trusted to capture every aspect of what I was envisioning. That was the easy part, because since I worked closely with Maytal Hannah for my rings in the past, I knew she was the perfect artist to craft my HW ring. I contacted Maytal, and we exchanged over 22 emails discussing this project. I have to tell you, Maytal has a keen eye for detail such that I relied on her opinions of what would or would not be the best choice in attributes during the design process. In addition to her artistic gift, Maytal is extremely patient; a trait that I adore about her and one that I feel comfortable in knowing that she won’t get upset after I once again change my mind on a detail.

The details of this setting are: hand-forged platinum, and all of the stones are ideal cut, high color, and VVS1 or better. When Maytal contacted me to let me know that my ring was finished, I was so excited that I found it difficult to sleep knowing my ring would be here the next day. I opened the box today, and I was stunned at how gorgeous my ring turned out! Every detail is perfect and the melee sparkle immensely, and my OEC was showcased beautifully! I could not be happier at how easy the process was, and the end product is pure perfection. Maytal captured every detail perfectly. Not only will I continue to go to Maytal for future projects, but I also consider this lovely lady a friend! She truly wants her customers to be happy with their purchases. The next time you are looking for a designer to craft your ring/jewelry, please consider Maytal. You will not be disappointed!

Now the best part. Pictures!

ring 4.jpeg MH a1.jpg MH 2.jpg ring 3.jpeg MH 6.jpg

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! Love your band as well.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!!!:appl: How funny we both reset our diamonds at the same time, and with halos! I have always thought of our diamonds as similar in facet pattern, so I've always loved your stone!!! I think Maytal was a wonderful choice for your gorgeous setting! :love: Let's hope our diamonds are finally in their forever homes!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yay!!!:appl: How funny we both reset our diamonds at the same time, and with halos! I have always thought of our diamonds as similar in facet pattern, so I've always loved your stone!!! I think Maytal was a wonderful choice for your gorgeous setting! :love: Let's hope our diamonds are finally in their forever homes!

I thought the exact same thing too, :D! I just love halos, and the finger coverage is an added plus. I have to tell you that I have a fond place in my heart for your diamond as it really does have a very similar facet pattern; and the setting you chose is perfect! I believe our diamonds are finally in their forever homes as what could possibly top our setting choices?!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Your ring is stunning. To the final home!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Wow this is absolutely stunning!!! I love the open profile. I love the halo and I adore your diamond. You and Maytal did an amazing job. It is soo beautiful and blingy! Congratulations!

Last edited by a moderator:

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is phenomenal, as are the photos! Congratulations!!

Is it just me or has there been a flood of Maytal rings lately? Not that I’m complaining because they are all STUNNING!!

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
Yowza your forever setting is beeaaaaautiful and just perfect for your stone. And I love how it pairs with your band! I agree Maytal is a dream to work with. I would go to her again, particularly for hand forged pieces or anything with pave.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absoluteoy beautiful!!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
It's gorgeous, congratulations on a beautiful reset!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stunning!
Thank you!

Congratulations! Your ring is stunning. To the final home!
Thank you, LLJsmom! This is truly the final home!

Wow this is absolutely stunning!!! I love the open profile. I love the halo and I adore your diamond. You and Maytal did an amazing Jon. It is soo beautiful and blingy! Congratulations!
Thank you, bling_dream! The open profile is what drew me to this setting and the halo adds that special touch to my OEC. I love Maytal's work!

Your ring is phenomenal, as are the photos! Congratulations!!

Is it just me or has there been a flood of Maytal rings lately? Not that I’m complaining because they are all STUNNING!!
Thank you LoveMeDo! I noticed there a lot of Maytal rings posted lately which made the wait for mine that much more challenging! LOL

Yowza your forever setting is beeaaaaautiful and just perfect for your stone. And I love how it pairs with your band! I agree Maytal is a dream to work with. I would go to her again, particularly for hand forged pieces or anything with pave.
Thank you, Gemstonesrock! I love how it pair with my band too and they are so comfortable to wear together! You are correct, Maytal is a dream to work with!

Absoluteoy beautiful!!
Thank you, Alex T!

It's gorgeous, congratulations on a beautiful reset!
Thank you, GeorgieQ!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is exquisite! I recall that you have set this stone in other halos. Would you mind sharing what you learned from the process and how you decided this would the the best choice of all
Your previous halos?

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is exquisite! I recall that you have set this stone in other halos. Would you mind sharing what you learned from the process and how you decided this would the the best choice of all
Your previous halos?

Thank you Nala! My biggest criteria was that the side profile had to be open. My previous halos did not have this, and it was very difficult to keep clean. Also, I love that I can see the most of my diamond from the side profile as well and I can enjoy the most sparkle from all angles, whereas, other rings did not have this. Additionally, my finger space is really limited (I envy all of the PS'ers that have long, beautiful fingers!) and I have learned that the simple settings looked the best on me. Also, what I love about this ring is that the shank is so very comfortable and substantial. It was a learning process for me for sure, but I finally got it right!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
ooo i love that puffy crown! lovely design, looks fantastic!

cardinalsfan

Rough_Rock
Thank you Nala! My biggest criteria was that the side profile had to be open. My previous halos did not have this, and it was very difficult to keep clean. Also, I love that I can see the most of my diamond from the side profile as well and I can enjoy the most sparkle from all angles, whereas, other rings did not have this. Additionally, my finger space is really limited (I envy all of the PS'ers that have long, beautiful fingers!) and I have learned that the simple settings looked the best on me. Also, what I love about this ring is that the shank is so very comfortable and substantial. It was a learning process for me for sure, but I finally got it right!

Amazing setting, so open and airy! Would you mind also sharing your thoughts on any differences among MH, VC, and DK's pave work?

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Amazing setting, so open and airy! Would you mind also sharing your thoughts on any differences among MH, VC, and DK's pave work?

Thank you, cardinalsfan! There is a thread that discusses the halo differences of VC, SK, and LM. (shown below). As far as the quality between the three (given if DK uses his uber bench), they are very close. I have had VC and MH pave halo rings, and I can tell you that there is no difference in quality and I am very particular about the quality of the pave and the workmanship of my rings. Additionally, both VC and MH have minimal metal showing in the halo types that I have had.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...era-sk-leon-ring-setting.166496/#post-3031039

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Gorgeous ring! And yes, Maytal is lovely to work with.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Gorgeous ring! And yes, Maytal is lovely to work with.

Thank you, DorotheaBrooke! Maytal is one of the easiest people that I have worked with. She is so patient and creative!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your reset is so beautiful @kathley and I love everything about it! Sparkle everywhere you look :kiss2: I am so impressed with MH's work. Enjoy your gorgeous new ring!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your reset is so beautiful @kathley and I love everything about it! Sparkle everywhere you look :kiss2: I am so impressed with MH's work. Enjoy your gorgeous new ring!

Hi junebug17! Thank you for your lovely comments as they mean a lot to me!

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Your stone is so beautiful, I don't know anything about OEC's, what makes them so special (other than it looks beautiful). Your mounting is spectacular, enjoy it and Happy Anniversary.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your stone is so beautiful, I don't know anything about OEC's, what makes them so special (other than it looks beautiful). Your mounting is spectacular, enjoy it and Happy Anniversary.

Hi Donnass117 and thank you! I absolutely love OEC's especially ones that have the "bubbly" facet pattern of my stone. I love the puffy crown too. I have found that well-cut OEC's have fantastic fire and large flashes of light return.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results