shape
carat
color
clarity

My Marquise Solitaire E-Ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all,

I''ve learned so much from all of you on the forum. So in the spirit of contributing, I''d like to share my engagement ring from my wonderful proposal in August of last year. We actually picked out the stone and setting in July, so this baby''s been broken in! We are currently working on my wedding ring and have already chosen the oval center stone. In the meantime, enjoy the ring! This is my first time working with a macro setting on my camera so I may have taken one too many pics, I figured if anyone could be forgiving about excessive pictures, it would be you guys!

DSC00076.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the photoshoot!

DSC00077.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Oops, running into some setbacks uploading these. *Frustration* Will keep trying and post more asap!

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Success! We''re live..

My Marquise 00986.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Care for a profile, anyone?

My Marquise 0iuu807.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
She was a little camera shy at first.

dhjfgfkdgjdfkjg.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
This is my surprise diamond! It comes from a small pair of genuine yellow diamonds that my fiance made me for my second hole when we first started dating. We''ve taken them out their settings and have used one for my e-ring and will set the other one in my wedding ring.

DSC0008jfdjkfs0.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Both of our birthdays are in September; mine is on the the 8th and his on the 18th. Thus, our lucky set of numbers engraved inside the ring.

DSC00083engrave.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Promise to use natural light next time!

DSC00084dfgdfhh.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
I liked this angle!

DSC00086kkjgvgy.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Finally some hand shots!

DSC00088kkhftgbh.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Another..

DSC00093bhhh.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
And one last, a profile of the "chevron" prongs! Oh! and I apologize for the wacky file names *embarassed*

DSC00097fgds.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beautiful! Congratulations on your engagement. Your marquise is beautiful! I do love me a fat marquise, and the proportions on that one look perfect. It looks enormous on your hand ... would you be comfortable sharing the specs?

P.S. - I love the little surprise diamond - such a great idea!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, very pretty! The surprise stone is so sweet--I love sentimental touches like that! Congrats on your engagement!
1.gif

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Excuse me-how could I forget to post specs!

VVS2
H Color

I wish I had more numbers for you (so that we could figure out these proportions!) I will ask my fiance for more details. I will say though, it is often mistaken for a two carat, and while size is not as important to me, I am pleasantly surprised to hear it!

We did decide to do an oval for the wedding ring however, I guess the marquise is a bit of a dated look. I wish it would come back soon, its a sexy stone. And I obviously have a penchant for fancy cut stones!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The yellow stone is a very cute touch. I think marquises are making a come back!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations. Very pretty diamond and a truly classic ring. Enjoy!

lablover

Rough_Rock
That is a beautiful ring....and I LOVE the surprise diamond (and the meaning behind it
1.gif
) Do you have pictures of your new oval for your wedding band???? Can''t wait to see the finished product!!!!!

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the compliments all, it means a lot!

Lablover-no pics of the oval yet. We are still deciding on the appropriate setting (which reminds me to ask the lovely psers for some advice). Its a 1.66, so a bit of a upgrade, mostly my fiance is crazy about the shape :)

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring!! And what beautiful hands you have!!
1.gif

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/17/2008 7:37:19 PM
Author: chiquitapet
What a beautiful ring!! And what beautiful hands you have!!
1.gif

you absolutely made my DAY! thanks <3

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that marquise looks really pretty on you!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Your marquise is a very beautiful, sophisticated ring. Such a classy look. I agree, they will make a comeback.

Enjoy, and thanks for sharing!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! It''s very pretty and looks beautiful on your hand. Elegant in the solitaire setting!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
When I was little I totally wanted a marquise e-ring
3.gif
. Thanks for the eye candy!

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
It''s gorgeous, nice shape and it sooo white!

~ a <> lover myself

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, it looks great on you! My good friend has a marquise around the same sixe and it looks huge...I call it her boat, lol.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your marquise is beautiful, SHC! I agree with you that it is a "sexy" stone! When you mentioned using an oval for your wedding, does this mean you will be changing your e-ring to an oval instead? I''m confused, please enlighten me? Sorry if I''m missing something obvious here, I don''t mean to be dense.
2.gif
Congrats also on your engagement, and never worry that you are sharing too many pics here, there is no such thing as too many on PS!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results