shape
carat
color
clarity

My Maine tourmaline ring!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hubby wanted to gift me 'something tourmaline' this Christmas. It's my birthstone and apparently I'd commented that he had never bought me anything tourmaline. :D

I searched around online and made a couple of trips to jewelers. One in particular had quite a selection of loose tourmalines. There were some nice ones, but when she pulled this one I lit up and looked at DH with wide eyes. I went back a second time, and it was still the one.

I had a tight budget for the setting, but I found one from Stuller with graduating side diamonds that I liked (for which ID gave me a great price). And I have always loved the simple six-prong solitaire by OWD that DS posts often, which Adam also put within budget. I would have loved rose gold, but this tourmaline looked best with white metals. I was set to go with the OWD solitaire, but before committing I stopped into a local estate jeweler. Lo and behold, he had a platinum and baguette setting that fit my tourmaline perfectly - I have always wanted a baguette setting and my tourm looked great in it! The price was right, so I went for it.

This tourmaline gives flashes of purple every now and then, and shows mauve, salmon, or bright purple-pink depending upon the lighting. Sometimes it's very flashy, and other times just deep color. It's very well cut too; I feel fortunate to have found it.

_2021.jpeg

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some more shots...

_2022.jpeg

_2023.jpeg

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium

_2024.jpeg

_2025.jpeg

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last ones! :))

ringsparkle1.jpeg

ringsparkle2.jpeg

ringsparkle3.jpeg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty! I love that color and it looks great on you. :love:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
A classic beauty!

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
rainydaze your tourmaline is beautiful. A tourmaline from Maine is on my list. Yours is a nice large size and it looks like the platinum setting was made for it the proportions are perfect. Enjoy!!!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Your stone is beautiful! It looks perfectly at home in that setting! :appl: Well done! :clap:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning stone and setting :love:
You have made a great choice.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks elle, apacherose, Sungura, Rockin, and Acinom!

I am really enjoying this piece. It has opened my eyes even more to the beauty of colored gems. It sits up pretty high and bc it's tourm, I have to be selective about when I wear it, but every time I slip it back on my heart does a little happy dance. :))

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!! :love: :love: I love tourmalines for their vast array of color. My afganistan pink also shoots crazy colors too.. They're so much fun to wear!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A nefarious shifter - it is very warm and down to earth. Congrats on the new ring.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Arcadian and Chrono!

I never appreciated tourmalines before now and was actually disappointed that it was my birthstone. I didn't know there were more than just light pink or watermelon varieties. And I didn't know they were dichromatic (sp?) which I absolutely love. DH may have opened a can of worms - I now want more of the different varieties. :naughty:

I have to share one more shot I got today. :)) (Ugh, I know it's been said a million times but I hate how the photos lose so much between the original and PS!)

ringbright.jpeg

amarelle

Rough_Rock
What a beautiful stone! I love the setting you picked. You did a great job with that ring :love: :love: :love:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful tourmaline ring and made even more special by the origin. I so love Bangor Main and Acadia National Park. Well done! :appl:

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks amarelle & Lisa!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results