shape
carat
color
clarity

My long awaited e-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ttmd

Rough_Rock
After 1 1/2 years of marriage, I finally got my diamond to go with my 2 platinum 2mm wedding bands. My DH and I got married on a whim after 7 years of dating and planned the wedding in 6 days!! At the time, we didn''t have the funds for a nice e-ring so I decided on 2 small wedding bands with the intent of purchasing a custom made ring for the center. After much searching and visiting many B&M stores, I decided that I couldn''t get the stone I wanted for what I wanted to pay. In addition, my original idea of an emerald cut flanked by trillions was never going to look quite right with the bands. So I checked out a few online stores and went with BN.

The ring arrived last Friday but it''s taken me several days to figure out the digital camera. The pictures still don''t do it justice, but hopefully you''ll get the idea.

This is such a great site, the info is invaluable!

Oh, in case anyone wants to know, the EC is 1.66, F, VSI, excellent polish and very good symmetry. I can''t stop looking at it!!
appl.gif

hand pic 2.JPG

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
That ring looks fabulous on your hand!!!
appl.gif

The EC seems like it was always meant to sit between those bands. Congrats on finally getting your diamond. It seems well worth the wait!
love.gif

-Sarah
9.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty ring. Congratulations on your lovely new sparkly.

Shay

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is beautiful! Can the specs be any better?!?!
love.gif
Is your e-ring band pave? I like how your combination of rings is different than most (diamonds on the e-ring shank with plain bands on either side). Take more pictures! I'd love to see the ring up close!!!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice! Try playing with the macro setting on your camera and try to get a close up so we can see the details(I'm never satisfied). And, what great fun to get married on a "whim" after 7 years of dating. I hope to break your record for wedding planning -- I'm trying to get mine down to 24 hours (I think that qualifies as "spontaneous" rather than a "whim"
1.gif
)

ttmd

Rough_Rock
Hopefully this one came out better...the band has 10 0.02 ct H, SI1-2 round stones, bead set, and the outside is called milgrain. I really liked the pave look but the example I saw had the band a lot thicker at the top and I didn't want it to stand up too high over the bands.

Matata - wow! and I thought I was crazy
2.gif
. Best of luck to you -- everyone I worked with was soooooo nice when they found out I was getting married in less than a week and really bent over backwards to make it a wonderful day!

DSCF0089.JPG

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is truly lovely and was worth the wait! Congratulations on finding something you love. It looks great on you.

Daniela

ttmd

Rough_Rock
okay, one more...

DSCF094c.JPG

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is a very cool ring. . .and beautiful too. Congratulations!

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous!! I love the contrasting band look. It goes together very well!! Enjoy!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
To echo everyone else's sentiments . . . that's a stunner! I love it!

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
It looks beautiful on your hand
love.gif
Great choice of EC! My favorite! What size is your finger by the way? Any others specs on the emerald?

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring and gorgeous EC! You could just get lost in it.....

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
wow! what a gorgeous ring and set. and this from someone who rarely likes EC rings. a huge congrats on creating a beautiful ensemble!
1.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh mama!
love.gif
I just love ECs and yours is a stunner! Great stone and great setting!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring! Congratulations! The pictures came out great too. Just curious, what is that holding the ring in the middle picture? It looks like a napkin chain from a dental office.

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That is just a stunning combo! I love emerald cuts, and yours is a fine specimen.
loopy.gif
Congrats!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh here we go again. Another beautiful setting. This is really going to set me back awhile. I can never nail down a design because everyone comes up with such beautiful rings.
I love it. Love it, love it. I especially like how you flanked it with the bands. It looks like it was made that way. Really cool.
Lovely on your hand. Waiting really pays off doesn't it?
Nan

researcher

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS band! I love it! I think you chose wisely to go with this band over the standard pave. It's yummy!
lickout.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous--looks great with the bands on your hand.
3.gif
I am so happy that it worked out for you. It's comforting to see there are still some nice people in the world.
appl.gif

Best of luck!
1.gif

ttmd

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the compliments and well wishes.
9.gif

The ring is a size 5 and here are some additional specs on the EC. The GIA cert and Sarin report (2nd numbers) are slightly off but from reading on the forums, I guess that's normal.

Dimensions: 7.9 x 6.07 x 3.96 (ratio 1.3:1)
Weight: 1.66
Color: F
Clarity: VS1
Depth: 65.2%
Table: 67%
Girdle: medium
Culet: none
Finish: EX polish, VG symmetry
Fluorescence: none

Total depth: 65.8%
Crown angle: 40.9
Crown height: 12.1%
Pavillion angle: 53.1%
Pavillion depth 51.5%
Table size 66.5%

Oh, and pearcrazy, the clip holding the ring does kinda look like those dentist napkin thingys now that you mention it. It's a little note clip I keep on my desk at home since I didn't have one of those neat finger looking things to take the picture on (you should have seen the one with the ring around the phone antenna!
wink2.gif
).

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a beautiful ring..Congratulations!

pulp_princess

Shiny_Rock
It looks perfect on your hand! Very elegant.
love.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results