shape
carat
color
clarity

My Journey and Happy Ending - CVB Astrid w/ ENV Moissanite

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My want-a-diamond journey: I love love colored stones but every time I see a large sparkly diamond on someone's hand or accidentally wandered off to the Show-Me-The Bling forum, I have yearned for a nice large one in my collection. After trying on many for fun and half-hearted attempts to save for one, I finally resigned myself to the fact that I could never justify buying a nice diamond I'd be happy with in the long run. I like variety too much to spend that kind of money on a single piece of jewelry that I wouldn't wear every day.

So I decided to look for diamond alternatives. My criteria was - good finger coverage, no warmth or funky colors, sparkled across a room, and under $2,000 set (and didn't want it to look like an engagement ring). But every time I researched moissanites, I wasn't comfortable in pulling the trigger. So I finally decided to settle for actual diamonds - invisibly set to look like one in 18k. Despite not having the crisp faceting of a large well cut diamond solitaire, it checked off my need for something white, super sparkly, finger coverage and budget friendly. (Yes, I know PSers hate these rings, lol)

IMG_20180709_070612.jpg

I thought my search was done UNTIL this forum...reading about how many diamond aficianados were happy with the newer moissanites. So when, Caysie posted her Astrid w/ ENV Moissanite on LT, I had to jump. I've always wanted one of her settings and I figured she's seen enough nice diamonds to judge a good diamond-like moissanite. Besides since my other ring was WG, I could justify another one..right?

I am beyond THRILLED...the setting is truly a work of art ..substantial yet feminine, the elegant brushed gold finish and unlike anything else own. Pictures don't do her work justice imo and worthy of the most expensive diamond. I've never seen a "PS" diamond IRL so can't compare - but I love the facets and sparkle and that it sill looks bright and white set in YG. All in all perfect and gorgeous imo.

So while my "diamond" ring hunt is officially OVER, it's hopefully not my last CVB ID piece.

18K G Astrid with a 9mm ENV OEC w/ small culet Moissanite (G-H)

IMG_20180725_065310.jpg
IMG_20180724_070433.jpg IMG_20180724_070430.jpg IMG_20180724_070513.jpg IMG_20180720_182323.jpg IMG_20180719_180048.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180718_182957.jpg
    IMG_20180718_182957.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 36

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lilmosun GORGEOUS! I have always loved that setting and was very tempted by it! It looks spectacular on you--congrats!

windblownhair

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Looks so lovely on your hand! :love:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks awesome - I love the simple, understated-yet-making-a-statement setting :))

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That looks meant to be!!! :love:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simply stunning! That yellow gold looks amazing with your skin!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I LOVE this setting and it’s beautiful on you - congrats!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous I love it, looks perfect on you and I'm glad you found such a fabulous alternative to scratch that itch!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for the nice comments...they reflect how I feel about this piece and it means a lot coming from discerning PSers!

I was afraid that 9mm was too large and give it a costume look (probably because the size is beyond anything I could afford in a nice diamond)...but it does provide the perfect finger coverage for my large size 8 finger :)

Admittedly, the ring is nothing like what I had in mind when I started the search yet I can't imagine being more thrilled with anything else (except a real diamond like it haha). I can't stop taking the ring off and looking at all the fine details which make it so perfect. As much as I read about Caysie's work, it exceeded every expectation.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that is gorgeous! It looks very at home on your hand ☺️

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fashion victims but our jewelry game is on fleek!

@lilmosun, you're ring is gorgeous and looks perfect on your hand, meant to be yours!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you...although admittedly it was Caysie's extraordinary kindness more than fate that made it happen for me :)

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks gorgeous on you and that buttery yellow gold is just perfect!! :love:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love both your new rings! :kiss2: The diamond halo is super blingy and I love all things blingy.
I really love the Astrid ring. All those little details are gorgeous and really bring it all together. I vote for more pics. :love:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks gorgeous on you and that buttery yellow gold is just perfect!! :love:
Thank you. Admittedly it was your praise for Caysie's work and ENV moissy (and missing out on your 3 stone ring) that gave me the courage to pull the trigger quickly!

I love both your new rings! :kiss2: The diamond halo is super blingy and I love all things blingy.
I really love the Astrid ring. All those little details are gorgeous and really bring it all together. I vote for more pics. :love:

Thank you. The center inside the diamond halo has 9 diamonds. Four larger diamonds set in a circle overlapping a center diamond with smaller diamonds filling in the outer gaps. It sparkles all over the place (which hides the details unless you look closely) but its almost too much bling to look real. On the other hand. the CVB ring is a much better large diamond substitute with its beautiful facets. While I thought the CVB ring would put the other into retirement, I do find myself trading off depending on my mood/wardrobe. (Un?)Fortunately, the two rings are so different that I've justified keeping them both.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. Admittedly it was your praise for Caysie's work and ENV moissy (and missing out on your 3 stone ring) that gave me the courage to pull the trigger quickly!

Thank you. The center inside the diamond halo has 9 diamonds. Four larger diamonds set in a circle overlapping a center diamond with smaller diamonds filling in the outer gaps. It sparkles all over the place (which hides the details unless you look closely) but its almost too much bling to look real. On the other hand. the CVB ring is a much better large diamond substitute with its beautiful facets. While I thought the CVB ring would put the other into retirement, I do find myself trading off depending on my mood/wardrobe. (Un?)Fortunately, the two rings are so different that I've justified keeping them both.

I think they’re both gorgeous and I probably would have kept both too. The CS world has enabled us both to change up our rings depending on our moods / outfits. :lol-2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Swoon!!!! So beautiful and romantic. Love love love. :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:
Both pure perfection!

FL_Sol

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! Your skin was meant for yellow gold, seriously! I am a little jealous.

in-the-air

Rough_Rock
Premium
So beautiful on you. Congrats!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all!

I know nothing about diamonds and while Caysie assured me the stone would "hold it's own" next to a real diamond, I admittedly wasn't sure. In part, because I knew its a moissy, I would look at it and wonder if everyone else will know it's not a diamond. But when I compared it to my friend's 3 1/2 carat diamond, it put any remaining doubts on going this route to rest.
IMG_20180804_145506.jpg

scoutfinch

Shiny_Rock
Wow I'm so happy to hear your story and see your beautiful ring! What a gorgeous look and nice finger coverage.. I love Caysie's Astrid setting! I love just about all of her designs!

milktoasts

Rough_Rock
Omg it looks gorgeous on you!! The buttery gold is perfect for your skintone :kiss2:

I think I bought the rose gold counterpart in the same flash sale!! I've been waiting for a good day to work from home this week because FedEx keeps trying to deliver while I'm at work x)

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you scoutfinch and milk toasts!

I think I bought the rose gold counterpart in the same flash sale!! I've been waiting for a good day to work from home this week because FedEx keeps trying to deliver while I'm at work x)

How exciting! Hopefully you will post it when it arrives.

Caysie turned me onto the HAL (hold at location) option with Fedex. Instead of sending it to me, she sent it to the closest HAL location - which turned out to be the Walgreens right down the street. More convenient than trying to be home for delivery or going to pick up at Fedex (better hours and closer to home)...and its considered insured until you sign for it.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love how the yellow gold suits your skin tone! And what a stunning ring! Both rings in fact! You have great taste and I for one love cluster rings!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love how the yellow gold suits your skin tone! And what a stunning ring! Both rings in fact! You have great taste and I for one love cluster rings!

Thank you Maisie! I was admiring your DK setting (my size, lol) and am telling myself it's a good thing others jumped fast because I'm supposed to be on a spending hiatus until the fall :whistle:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Maisie! I was admiring your DK setting (my size, lol) and am telling myself it's a good thing others jumped fast because I'm supposed to be on a spending hiatus until the fall :whistle:

It’s not sold yet :Up_to_something:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s not sold yet :Up_to_something:
Unfortunately for me, I would've needed to wait a few weeks and fortunately for you, it looks like it's sold! Congrats on the quick sale!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately for me, I would've needed to wait a few weeks and fortunately for you, it looks like it's sold! Congrats on the quick sale!

Thank you!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! And if I'm honest, your new ring is much more lovely than your friends real diamond. The setting is SO perfect & exquisite that nobody would ever think that wasn't a diamond. No way. Too much time invested in the setting details & execution to ever dream the stone isn't diamond. Love it!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! And if I'm honest, your new ring is much more lovely than your friends real diamond. The setting is SO perfect & exquisite that nobody would ever think that wasn't a diamond. No way. Too much time invested in the setting details & execution to ever dream the stone isn't diamond. Love it!

Thank you! I agree the setting makes it a serious piece of jewelry but it's nice to hear it from the PS "experts" as I went into his knowing nothing about diamonds or alternatives (pretty much a CS person).

I know my neighbors diamond isn't the best (although I wouldn't mind owning it lol). The diamond was purchased for her mother who always wanted a 5 carat stone and was in ICU. Doctors were concerned she'd lost her will to live, so her husband ran out to fulfill her wish and this was the largest set diamond their jeweler had so he bought it. The mother went on to live for a few more years claiming that there was no way she was going to die as she now had a big diamond ring to wear.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results