shape
carat
color
clarity

My JBEG Engagement Ring!!! I'm in LOVE!

Envyme

Shiny_Rock
First off, I wanted to thank Grace from JBEG for being the most patient, flexible, honest, and friendly person to deal with...EVER! You made my dream ring a reality and I am forever greatful for that!!

Here is the story, then off to the good stuff. My fiance and I have been dating for 7 yrs. We discussed marriage openly and new eventually we would get engaged & married. One day in early Dec 2010 I brought up the "when can I get my engagement ring?" topic. I often discussed how frustrating it was to be with someone for so long, live together, and not be engaged....This was a topic I brought up MANY MANY times :lol: So, when I brought it up again I figured I would get the same old response..."when I can afford to buy you the ring of your dreams" or "When I can afford it...babe..." Much to my surprise he said NOW! I about died from shock and excitement :D I was like REAALLLYYYYY????!!!! Of course later that night I cried and asked "So, you really want to Marry me?" He of course said yes!!

So, the hunt began for a ring. I have always wanted a ROCK but knew it wasn't realistic to find a 2-3 Carat diamond with our budget...plus I knew in my heart if he gave me a ring pop I would still be thrilled!!! :lol:

I went to the jewlery district in LA 5 times. I met with some owners 3 times....I liked what I saw but didn't love anything. I found JBEG through this wonderful forum!!! I started looking at their diamonds & I immediately contacted JBEG and got in touch with Grace via email. I asked her about this 2.82 OEC O/P diamond on her site that captured my heart. I knew it was a bit out of range but I asked about layway and all that fun stuff. Grace said let's meet and I can bring you some diamonds in the 7-8k range as well as this 2.82.

We met and immediately I feel in love with it! I loved it even more then I did from the pic on the site! I told Grace my situation and she was super sweet and bless her heart she said we could make this work. So, as soon as I got in the car after our meeting I called my Mom & told her how STUNNING the 2.82 diamond was. I told her she had to come see it ASAP. I got home logged into the forum on PS and saw a thread about the 2.82 OEC I JUST came back from viewing with Grace. I about died...literally. I wanted that diamond soooo bad!!!

So, my Mom and I arranged another meeting with Grace so she could see the 2.82 OEC. Long story short my Mom loved the diamond but also worried that it was an O/P color & that it may be too yellow....My Mom & I discussed it more and agreed that I would call Grace back in a few hrs about putting a deposit on the ring. So, we discussed the ring and decided it was a GO but I was still worried that it could sell before we made a final decision on it & got her the deposit! I called my BF and told him I was in love with it and that Grace was willing to make my dream ring a reality BUT that I needed him to see it too. So, we met Grace again and my BF LOVED the ring so we gave her the deposit! The rest is history!!!

So without further ado...here is my:

2.82 OEC GIA Cert O/P color stunner!!! BOY DO I LOVE IT!!

ring 1.JPG

photo.JPG

stci

Ideal_Rock
Seem gorgeous but a zoom pic would be fantastic! Is this possible?

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
You sure got your ROCK! More pics please! :bigsmile:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks absolutely beautiful!! You certainly did get your rock! Congrats!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is definitely a ROCK on your finger ::) I went back to the JbEG site to look at it again, it's a beauty!

Closeups?!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks beautiful! I'd love to see some close-up shots, too.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous and OMG your "rock" is huge. Enjoy. :appl:

Envyme

Shiny_Rock
Sorry for the delay. I'll get some better shots this evening :) those were just iPhone pics ;-)

Thank you all for the kind words!!

Xoxo

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful!!!! Congratulations on finding a gorgeous ROCK you love. What a great find! Can't wait to see more pics!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS! I DO envy you!

san0319

Rough_Rock
I found JbEG through this forum also and have been lusting over their antique diamonds ever since. Congrats on your engagement and a beautiful ring.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ooh, quite the rock indeed. GORGEOUS and we need more pics!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
TOTALLY worth the wait! Amazing!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, my, what a heartwarming story! The ring looks gorgeous on your hand - can't wait to see closeup shots!

What mounting did you choose to put the stone in?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, now that is a huge gorgeous rock! Can't wait to see close-ups!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a beautiful stone. More pictures please!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful stone. Like all the others here, I would love to see more close-up pictures. Congratulations.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! Gorgeous ring!

erlcb99

Rough_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! Your JBEG ring is gorgeous :love: Please post more pictures when you have a chance.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, it's beautiful. Would love to see a closer up~ :love:

Envyme

Shiny_Rock
You guys made my day! Thanks for all the sweet words :) Here are a few more shots. I am still learning my digital camera ;-)
LALove, thanks for the link! I was looking for that a while back!!

XOXO

ETA: Eventually I will get a different setting. This is a temporary but elegant solitaire from JBEG. I really like it though! I have a few settings in mind but not certain which direction I will go :naughty:

Envyme

Shiny_Rock
I am having difficulty getting these posted :oops:

mix of pics old & new 094.JPG

Envyme

Shiny_Rock
A few more :)

resized 80.jpg

mixofpicsoldnew093-1.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What's your ring size Envy? It looks *gigantic* on your finger in those new pics - and strangely colourless, too..!

tannet

Shiny_Rock
I love love love it!! :love: You are so lucky! Congratulations! I hope we get to see more pics sooner than later. :D

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!! SO gorgeous and huge!! And how pretty and tiny are your hands?!! Just gorgeous, congratulations!!! :appl: :appl:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Wow, you are a lucky lady.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring!!! Congratulations :appl:

Envyme

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! Glad you all like it too!! Someone at work made a rude comment about it being yellowish :angryfire: She is jealous I think :(( It really hurt my feelings actually!

Yeah, I am glad you like the color! I think the color is so spectacualr! In many lights it is creamy white and in other lights it is a lacey antique color. Soo much fun :)

My ring setting size is 4 3/8. It is a teeny bit loose but that is how I like it. It has a slight bit of movement but nothing crazy!

More shots to come later :naughty:

:wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results