shape
carat
color
clarity

My Heirloom 2.83ct Engagement Ring

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wasn't going to do a SMTB post as I am pretty sure I will be getting the stone recut and reset in the next couple months, but I thought what the heck?

For as long as I can remember I adored my grandmother's engagement ring. She passed away December 2014, my mother offered it to my boyfriend (at the time) in early January 2015, and it was on my finger by the middle of the month.

Like I mentioned, I am pretty sure it will be going in for a facelift later in the year (my husband is making me wait to make sure I don't change my mind).

Approximate specs based on appraisal:
2.83ct (3.13 ctw)
9.16 x 9.17 x 5.41
K-L
SI1
Faint blue fluoro
Depth 59.03%
Table 67%

FullSizeRender.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.JPG 7.jpg

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow!!!!! So beautiful!!!! And what a wonderfully sentimental thing to possess :love:

What are you hoping to get from the recut?

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow!!!!! So beautiful!!!! And what a wonderfully sentimental thing to possess :love:

What are you hoping to get from the recut?
Thank you!

The cut isn't all that great. I'm hoping for better light return.

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Heirlooms are always nice for their sentimental value, but when they're also stunners...? Perfection!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re-cut or not it's a beautiful ring! Enjoy your Grandmother's heirloom, I love the sentiment too! :love:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a lovely ring - it's really beautiful to have a piece from your grandmother! It's going to be even more stunning once it's cut to ideal proportions!! :love: can't wait to see the results and we'd love to be included in the whole journey (before scans/pics and after!)!

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As you consider recutting, be sure to ask others who they recommend to do it and come up with your short list on what you expect! If you hope to minimize weight loss, increase light return, etc... Perhaps get an asset image on what it looks like now and then have it done after recut. Are you also hoping for an increase in color or clarity? Do you already have an existing cert?? An expert cutter should be able to access the best way to go. Let us know when you decide! Lucky you!!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring! It will be AMAZING after the recut! Congrats to you!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful! Can't wait to see what you decide regarding a recut. Thanks so much for sharing your pictures with us!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely ring. Love your nails, too!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's going to be stunning. Are you going to have BGD do it?

Trudii

Rough_Rock
It is beautiful, but looking forward to seeing after the recut!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its Gorgeous!! That's a nice size stone and love the classic 3 stone setting. I really looks beautiful on you!! The recut will surely maximize the brilliance.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful & really classy. Love it!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a lovely ring - it's really beautiful to have a piece from your grandmother! It's going to be even more stunning once it's cut to ideal proportions!! :love: can't wait to see the results and we'd love to be included in the whole journey (before scans/pics and after!)!
I will for sure keep you guys posted on the recut journey!
As you consider recutting, be sure to ask others who they recommend to do it and come up with your short list on what you expect! If you hope to minimize weight loss, increase light return, etc... Perhaps get an asset image on what it looks like now and then have it done after recut. Are you also hoping for an increase in color or clarity? Do you already have an existing cert?? An expert cutter should be able to access the best way to go. Let us know when you decide! Lucky you!!
No existing cert, so I can't wait to find out the actual specs on it after recut. I'm not hoping for an increase of color or clarity, just light performance. I just read yesterday on here about a couple diamonds with the same table size as mine that were recut and now I'm scared about how much weight I would lose with a recut :(
It's going to be stunning. Are you going to have BGD do it?
I am pretty sure I am going with BGD. I contacted WF and they gave me their recommendation (which actually happens to be local to me). My husband took a pair of studs there for a consultation and was really impressed with them, but my gut is telling me to go with BGD. Husband is pushing for us to do the consultation with the local cutter before sending it off to BGD so we can get a few opinions about what our options are.

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
What a wonderful heirloom, Wewechew! I gotta say that I really like the setting it is in now-- it shows off the center stone so well!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful heirloom, Wewechew! I gotta say that I really like the setting it is in now-- it shows off the center stone so well!
I really like the setting too. I actually grew up wanting an engagement ring in the same setting, although as I got older I was more drawn to solitaires.

Even after wearing it a while, it doesn't feel like mine; I feel like I'm playing dress up with my grandmother's ring so I thought a reset would help with that.

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So beautiful!!!! Love the stone and the gorgeous classic setting!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! So sweet that your Mom had an heirloom stone for you to use...love the classic
setting.

lil425

Shiny_Rock
Stunning ring!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It gorgeous. I love the stone and the setting. The great thing about this setting is it never goes out of style. It looks so beautiful on your hand.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful and you have lovely hands and nails! I really do like be the setting it's currently in As well! Very classic!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll be following for updates! So exciting!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful and you have lovely hands and nails! I really do like be the setting it's currently in As well! Very classic!
Thank you, that's a huge compliment because I HATE my hands!
I've thought about setting it back in this setting if it still fits after the recut, but I think ultimately I want something my husband helps me pick out (ie cosigns what I decide on lol).
I'll be following for updates! So exciting!
I will make sure to update once we start the process in a couple months!

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring, and it's so much more special since it belonged to your grandmother.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, beautiful hands. Enjoy!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wewechew, Your hands are GORGEOUS!!!! Seriously honey, you are so lucky you have beautiful hands.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, everyone :mrgreen:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wewechew, Off topic but I love your avatar. Is this your furbaby? She is beyond adorable! I smile everytime I see your avatar.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wewechew, Off topic but I love your avatar. Is this your furbaby? She is beyond adorable! I smile everytime I see your avatar.
I'm glad it makes you smile! :D It is not my fur-baby, but it is inspired by one of them.
IMG_7350.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results